• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Week Itinerary

Mickey2003

Earning My Ears
My family of three kids (8,6,4) will be arriving the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We have 6 day's (Sun - Fri) to use our 5 day passes. We have never been to WDW. Base on expected crowds, early entry days, the optimum order for seeing the parks, etc... which parks should we go to on which days??? Note: We are not staying on-resort. Thanks for your help!!

I WILL BE THERE THE SAME TIME, MY ADVICE AVOID MK ON THE FRIDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING. THE CROWDS HAVEN'T BEEN TO BAD THE LAST FEW TIMES I HAVE GONE ON THANKGIVING WEEK.
RELAX AND HAVE A GREAT TIME. ITS ALMOST TIME TO GO YIPPEE:hyper: :hyper:

My family will also be there the same time and after doing alot of research on the internet and books have made the following plans hoping to avoid the crowds as much as possible:

Saturday - Arrive at Condo (Staying offsite)
Sunday - Disney Studios
Monday - Epcot
Tuesday - Disney
Wednesday - Animal Kingdom
Thursday - Seaworld
Friday - South Carolina Bound

:earsgirl:

I am also going to be there on Thanksgiving. I have been using Tour Guide Mike.com for Touring Plans and advice on how to avoid the crowds and long lines. You might want to check that out because I have gotten some great tips from his site as well.

My family of five and my inlaws will be there that week also. Three kids 12, 10, and 6. This will be our 4th trip, we started going in 2000 and got hooked. We have done a June trip and two New Years trips. I have to say we loved going at New Years. Now we are excited about trying a different time but here is what we have planned.....

Saturday 22nd- arrive around 3:00
Evening- Boardwalk (my kids love this free place!!)
fun entertainment for the kids when the performers are out!

Sunday - morning- Epcot (future world)
late afternoon &evening-MK

Monday- morning & afternoon-MK
evening maybe Disneyquest

Tuesday-morning-AK
evening-MGM

Wednesday-morning-MK
afternoon-Typhoon Lagoon
evening- Me and my husband might go over to IOA/US
If we decide to skip TL & IOA we will go back to MGM
I love the atmosphere of MGM I am just sad about the
Osbourne lights!!

Thursday-morning & afternoon- IOA/US
evening- see decorations at resorts

Friday- Epcot (this is when the holiday storytellers begin and the first candlelight processional) I think we will be there all day!

Saturday- We usually go to downtown disney on are departure day. So sad!!!!

We are using the special military passes so we are going to give DQ and TL a try this trip since they are included.

I know we are all going to have a blast this week!!! Crowds or no crowds!!!

Happy Planning!!!

We are planning a trip next year for Thanksgiving - it will be our first time going during that week! (We usually do summer time, and we've been doing a few trips the week AFTER Thanksgiving; and this year, we tried a Halloween trip!)

We'll be trying the week of Thanksgiving next year - so the kids don't have to miss school!

Great to hear such good reports!!!!

Thanks for the information.. We are going to finish on Thursday(Thanksgiving) Sound like the park will be getting busier by the day.

Sounds like you have some good ideas to start with! No advice except be sure to wear your LIME green ribbon so other DIS'ers can spot you! Maybe we will bump into you somewhere!

By the way, WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!! It is nice to "meet" a neighbor!

Yikes, not only is my mother-in-law going on vacation with me, my husband and two kids now my parents are also going. Please pray for my sanity. But alas we are doing the single digit dance.:Pinkbounc

We'll be doing the parks Mon-Fri. Here is our early iteniary.
Mon- MK- possibly hop to MGM in afternoon
Tues- MGM EMH- possibly hop to MK in afternoon
Wed- MK EMH, then Epcot
Thurs- MK- along with the other million people;)
Fri- AK morning and anything we missed & have to do afternoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter