Thanksgiving vs Christmas

clmoe5

Earning My Ears
I know both holidays are busy and crowded, planning on camping either the week of Thanksgiving (nov 19-26) or during Christmas (dec 21-28) at Ft Wilderness. I have reservations for both. Will Christmas decorations be up at Thanksgiving? Thoughts anyone?

I really have nothing to add, this image just popped in my head when I read the title, "Thanksgiving Vs. Christmas"

6a00e55026407188330120a686c021970b-500pi

I know both holidays are busy and crowded, planning on camping either the week of Thanksgiving (nov 19-26) or during Christmas (dec 21-28) at Ft Wilderness. I have reservations for both. Will Christmas decorations be up at Thanksgiving? Thoughts anyone?

This will be our first year for Thanksgiving, we are arriving Wednesday and staying through the following week. From what I have been told the crowds thin out a little after the holiday and the decorations should be up. As far as Christmas, I have been there done that, never again. It was nuts, it is probably something everyone should experience once, but that was enough for me.

Yes, the decorations will be COMPLETELY up by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It seems the tree is up at Crockett's Tavern Wednesday morning-like MAGIC :wizard:
I do like the Ft. at Thanksgiving vs. Christmas-you get all the perks for less $$. :goodvibes

I would do Christmas. It is truly an experience. The parks will be crowded, but everyone seems to be in a festive mood. By arriving the 21st, you will be able to experience the EPCOT Santa's. If you arrive after the 24th, Santa returns to the North Pole. So, you will be able to get the full experience out of our visit. There is snow on Main Street, Christmas shows, Christmas parade, etc. You will not get the MK snow, shows, parade prior to approximately December 16. If you want to see that part of Christmas at MK, you will have to get the tickets for Mickeys Christmas Party.

We've been both times.

Thanksgiving is what I prefer. The Christmas decorations are up in the parks already by then. At the Fort, some (not all) decorations are up. The Christmas tree at Pioneer hall went up the day after Thanksgiving when we were there. Campers have their sites already decorated (some are over-the-top). It's crowded, yes, but not crazy Christmas crowded.

So you'll still get a full Christmas experience for the most part if you go at Thanksgiving.

Bama ED

We went during the Christmas Holidayz this past year. I must say, it really is very festive colorful and a wonderful time around the Fort.

but what was weird is that a week after Christmas, even tho all the decorations were still up,,everything just seemed kinda flat and petered out,,including the people,,just seemed as if all the Christmas Zip was gone,,:confused3

Reck'n I'd like to do a Thanksgiving next.

We went during the Christmas Holidayz this past year. I must say, it really is very festive colorful and a wonderful time around the Fort.

but what was weird is that a week after Christmas, even tho all the decorations were still up,,everything just seemed kinda flat and petered out,,including the people,,just seemed as if all the Christmas Zip was gone,,:confused3

Reck'n I'd like to do a Thanksgiving next.

I agree, i would like to do thanksgiving instead of christmas. travel is a little better then too. But, if you've never done christmas there-you should do it once. it is over the top and so much fun.

I would go Thanksgiving but it very hard to find a good Thanksgiving dinner

Thanksgiving dinner is a DIY project at the Fort. Deep fry or roast a turkey, premake the sides and freeze them...except the cranberry sauce. Very good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter