Thanksgiving ....Turf Club

mackeymouse4eva

Mouseketeer
I know Thanksgiving is VERY busy...however does anyone have any thoughts about the POSSIBILITY ( no gaurentees ) of walking up on Thanksgiving Day to the Turf Club? I know there would probably be a decent wait, but I was thinking that it just might be far enough off of the beaten path for MOST Disney patrons & Dinning Plan guests.

Would parking at Downtown Disney and taking the boat over be ALMOST as easy as driving there and parking? I was thinking the boat might be nice.

We have reservations at The Liberty Tree that day HOWEVER that seems to have been booked for two instead of three in error. Any thoughts on how disasterous that might be if we showed up with our ADR? or would it not be a huge deal?

TIA !!!! :)

It's not a very large restaurant. When I stayed at SSR, I could usually do a walkup, but this was in September.

I've not yet dined at TC, but once I made a big deal to my family about being on time for Olivia's at OKW. It was pretty busy week , and many of our popular ADR's were busy, but Olivia's was not. Though it WAS pretty good! We have not been back though simply because it IS off the beaten path!

If you are going to do a walk up, try arriving early.

I think it would be easier to park at the resort. The boat shuttle can be time consuming. I've done the boat shuttle to SSR.

Incidentally, the one time we did go to SSR, we ate at the quick serve there. It was really good! Maybe not Thanksgiving dinner good, but good.

One more option to consider if you have a car - offsite! You'll likely find something great that way if you can verify a place that's open. I'm betting with all the offsite hotels you'll find one with a great T-Day dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter