Thanksgiving Trip Advice Please

tsgirl

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip to Southern California for the week of Thanksgiving. We are staying about 45 minutes away from Disney. I plan to go to the new California Adventure early in the week, before Thanksgiving, hoping that it will be less crowded. The last night, however, we are staying at The Grand Californian. This is the Friday right after Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do on property that Friday? Should we totally avoid the parks, even Disneyland, because of crowds? What else could I do on property? Pools? Character meals? Other interesting shows, exhibits, etc...Is there anything special, like tours, which I can get tickets or reservations to in advance? Im Orlando, there is a tea party at one of the hotels you can arrange to be a part of, with characters. There is also the Illuminations Cruise at Epcot. Are there any interesting things like these? I don't want to fight crowds as I will have 3 children along. Thanks in advance!

Hi!
Personally, I would do DL on that day. Yes, it will be crowded but, if you haven't seen it lately, there is nothing like DL once they have the X-mas decs up (which is usually early Nov. now). Small World is completely re-done & the whole outside is covered with lights etc.... :) There is a Mary Poppins Tea at Paradise Pier hotel which is really fun too.

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Just remember that the Friday after Thanksgiving is probably the busiest day of the year at Disneyland. I have been there on Friday to go shopping, and it was literally wall-to-wall people there. :earseek:

You might consider doing Disneyland earlier in the week, and DCA on that Friday. Grand Calfornian has a very convenient entrance to the park. Another idea is to go to Knotts Berry Farm - they have a Christmas Craft Show set up in the ghost town, and you can see that and the Snoopy on Ice for a nominal fee (I've taken my kids, and let them dip candles and make a colored-sand people jar craft when they were younger. There is also a Santa there - great for Christmas shopping. Or you can just go to Knotts - it's not as busy as Disneyland on that day.

I'm sure Downtown Disney will also be festive. You can see a movie at the AMC theater located right there, the kids can play at the ESPN Zone arcade up on the 2nd floor, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter