• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving plans?

AllyGirlie

<font color=blue>Si tu savais...<font color=purple
I don't know if there's a thread like this already and if so, I apologize. I didn't feel like looking.

So what's everyone's plans for Thanksgiving?

I get to leave PA tomorrow around 6pm and drive for 4 hours back to CT. I actually like the drive though. Anyway I can't wait to see all my family and friends for an extended period of time.

Thanksgiving day I get to go to my grandparent's house and bug my grandma about the food. I tend to eat everything while it's still on the stove or the second it comes out of the oven..I annoy her so much, but I know she loves it. Then we get to go to my dad's side (ugh), hopefully they won't have anything..

I get to go back home to NJ tomorrow! It's only a two hour drive, so that's not bad. On thursday, we're going over to my grandparents' house for a light lunch (my grandmom always makes soup for lunch on holidays) and then over to my other grandparents' house for some delicious turkey and other food too lol. Then, that night my friends from back home are having a little get-together over at my friend's house.

I cannot wait for turkey day!

I plan to go to both my grandparents houses to eat. Uggghh too much food then maybe if my dad goes half on plan tickets i'll go to gorgia for a few days to see my brother that was born last night. so i don't hopefully he does i havent seen him in a while.

the normal..family comes over, we eat, we eat some pie, and everyone is lazy and watches football.. :rolleyes:

BeachBabi0 said:
the normal..family comes over, we eat, we eat some pie, and everyone is lazy and watches football.. :rolleyes:

ugh! ur so lucky u have a normal family! we have to get together with my moms side and its not fun! this includes:great g-ma, g-pa, g-ma, mom, dad, aunt, cousins, cousin bf, me, brother, and sister. everytime we get together, we sit through an hour of how my aunts life is so "hectic". then, we hear how well ****** is doing in school. then we hear how much work she has to do. its all about them! my g-ma treats "my" part of the family like sh*t. she spoils the hell outta my cousins and cousin bf. she likes my aunt more than my mom. she treats her motherinlaw like dirt. and im sick of it! i absolutley HATE when we get together with them! its the most miserable time of our lives. we have to sit through how hard it is to be them and it really pisses me off because we have a life too.

but anyways, we are going to have yet another, thanksgiving from hell! :guilty:

VolleyballQt07 said:
ugh! ur so lucky u have a normal family! we have to get together with my moms side and its not fun! this includes:great g-ma, g-pa, g-ma, mom, dad, aunt, cousins, cousin bf, me, brother, and sister. everytime we get together, we sit through an hour of how my aunts life is so "hectic". then, we hear how well ****** is doing in school. then we hear how much work she has to do. its all about them! my g-ma treats "my" part of the family like sh*t. she spoils the hell outta my cousins and cousin bf. she likes my aunt more than my mom. she treats her motherinlaw like dirt. and im sick of it! i absolutley HATE when we get together with them! its the most miserable time of our lives. we have to sit through how hard it is to be them and it really pisses me off because we have a life too.

but anyways, we are going to have yet another, thanksgiving from hell! :guilty:
Oh my god, I am soo sorry. Really, I am. I kinda feel the same way with my mom's side of the family because they always treat my Ma, my Dad, and me and my 2 brother like were nothing.

turkey. family. screaming children. cramped grammas house. joyous.

Everyone comes over to our house and we have a huge dinner followed by a nice variety of desserts people make. My dad usually makes pies and my mom sometimes makes a cake, or some other kind of dessert. One year I made a chocolate tart...I must admit the tart was quite good...then. LOL I made it for Christmas that same year and let's just say it was more like chocolate pudding than a tart haha.

Aside from that, I plan to celebrate my birthday as well...you know, me and those turkeys...we gotta fight for the day! They somehow have the nerve to say it's Thanksgiving with my birthday as well...I tell them, It's my birthday with Thanksgiving as well. :rotfl:

I am very frightened right now though, I feel a flu coming on...but I'm going I'm just really really tired is all.

I hope everyone enjoys their plans for Thanksgiving, and eat MUCH!! :goodvibes lol.

:grouphug:

We eat, watch TV, play games, eat more, draw names for Christmas, eat even more, then go home.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We don't do too much, but it's still fun. Only my grandma, my Abuela, on my dad's side comes over (the rest of my relatives either live in Puerto Rico, Cuba, Miami, California, or Oregon), but that's it. She lives really close to us, so it's a really simple day. I help my mom cook, we eat a ton, and that's it. Quaint, really. :)

Hope you all have a great day! :cool1:

I'm playing in our own version of a Turkey Bowl, our annual football game, then I'm getting cleaned up and going to my aunts to eat. The, I'm going to my grandma's for dessert.

My uncle and his girlfriend bought a new house, so we're going to drive down there and have Thanksgiving with my mom's side.

Going to my grandparents to eat and all the cousins and relatives are comin down. My grnadmother is in rehab, but they let her come home for today. :)

This year my Uncle (on my dads side) and his girlfriend Tracy. Are come up from SC. They didn't get here till 1am and the left at 7am. So today I'm going to go help cook. Then we are going to eat some yummy turkey. And then watch some football and then watch Natinol Lampoons: Christmas Vacation (werid tradition)

Starstruckdancer said:
This year my Uncle (on my dads side) and his girlfriend Tracy. Are come up from SC. They didn't get here till 1am and the left at 7am. So today I'm going to go help cook. Then we are going to eat some yummy turkey. And then watch some football and then watch Natinol Lampoons: Christmas Vacation (werid tradition)
:goodvibes :goodvibes
Where in SC?

South Carolina?

My family watches that movie every year the night before we go cut down a tree. Oh, traditions.

thanksgiving was ok at my gma's. the turkey was AWESOME! :love: of course, my aunt kept going on and on and on how hectic her life is( :sad2: :rolleyes: ) and my gma and gpa got into it a couple times. we(my family) got NO left overs. they were all sent with my aunt! :furious: but we are going to my dads friends tomorrow and we are having thanksgiving dinner there and there should be extras for us! :goodvibes

i spend every thanksgiving in disney world...

yesterday i had dinner at Boma!! it was an all you can eat buffet! yum..

o im sorry bout your thanksgiving VolleyballQT..

Typical Thanksgiving at my aunt's house.... I did get to reunite with my brother, who I haven't seen since, like, August, so that was nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter