• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving or June?

backpacktwang

Mouseketeer
We did our first trip to Disney World at Spring Break this year and we loved it so much that we are already thinking about 2014!

We are considering the first week of June or Thanksgiving week. What are the pros and cons of each?

It's basically heat and some crowds vs. no heat and ALOT of crowds. I would basically pick which can you do better with extreme heat/humidity or extreme crowds!

Biggest difference to me is that for thanksgiving, you have christmas decorations up and the Christmas "things" like Osborne lights, jingle jungle parade and christmas stories around the world. If it matters, cost might've slightly higher at thanksgiving. We love both times, it's just 2 different experiences. You've gone at spring break and seen regular disney world, so go during thanksgiving and see it dolled up!
-Virginia

We did Thanksgiving week for the first time this past year.
Crowds were not bad at all. Busiest time was the Sat night and Sunday after thanksgiving.
It was jeans, tshirt, and sweatshirt weather. Alot more clothing and laundry during the trip.

If you like swimming and waterparks, Definitely go in June (what I missed the most)

if you want to see the christmas decorations, then go for November.

Yeah, that is a good point. This spring break was so cold that we didn't get much swimming in until our last day. I think we might go with June to get swimming and water parks. So, what about that first week in June? I have heard that crowds aren't bad then because a lot of schools are still I session then. Are any discounts possible then if I book at the right time?

I agree with the PP about the Christmas decorations. I've done early December and the first week of June, and enjoyed the December trips way more (I understand that Thanksgiving would involve more crowds). We had swimming weather in December, w/o any rain. For our June trip, it rained every single day. And it was hot. And it was still crowded.

Yeah, that is a good point. This spring break was so cold that we didn't get much swimming in until our last day. I think we might go with June to get swimming and water parks. So, what about that first week in June? I have heard that crowds aren't bad then because a lot of schools are still I session then. Are any discounts possible then if I book at the right time?

First week of June is good for crowds. We have done it twice and it was not bad at all. Of course we were at the parks at RD everyday but even it the afternoon it was manageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter