• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving or Christmas-Help!!!

DisNerd12

Earning My Ears
DH (23) & I (22) are trying to decide whether we should take our Disney vacation during Thanksgiving week or the week before Christmas!

Seeing the parks at Christmas has always been on my Bucket List, and if I am understanding correctly, MK and EPCOT start their festivities the day after Thanksgiving?

The difference in cost is minimal-but I may need to take 1 extra personal day from work if we go in Dec. (I am a teacher!) So that's a pro for Thanksgiving.

We are just not sure not having been there during this season before if there is a difference in the magic?!

Thoughts? Experiences?

Thank you so much! We can't wait to book-either way!

Been both.Thanksgiving week is busy ( especially Friday ).Also, MVMCP does not run the week of the holiday.We love Candlelight Processional and the Epcot Holiday Storytellers too , neither start till Friday after Thanksgiving.Honesly, if you want to experience the holiday including MVMCP, I would go the week before Christmas.Just be aware that those last party dates tend to sell out in advance.The crowds are not bad either, but the closer you get to Christmas the bigger the crowds get

Since it is just going to be the 2 of you, pick a time that is best for you. You don't have to worry about kiddo's. That said, I think the week before Christmas would have a little less crowds but that is usually a busier time at home.

You may find the WDW experience similar both weeks...for me it just isn't Christmas in November. So I would have felt that something was 'off' somehow. WDW is beautiful over Christmas- and you will be able to enjoy the atmosphere either week :goodvibes

We are planning to go Thanksgiving this year and I'm honestly dreading it; but my sister is a teacher so we're limited to school breaks if she comes. We usually go the end of October and the Christmas decorations go up a day or two after we leave (like November 1 or 2), and that's all I really want to do is see them. Dreading the crowds, but going to make the best of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter