• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving - November 27th to December 3rd...crowds?

Carl4628

Mouseketeer
Planning a trip for the Thanksgiving holiday. Staying Wednesday to Monday. What can we expect regarding crowds? Which days will be lighter? Friday and Saturday most likely will be crazy busy from my research. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

I am looking to book a trip during similar timeframe (Mon-Sat 11/25-11/30) and by the availability and prices of nearby hotels, at present, doesn't look like it will be as crowded as years' past.

That’s when I will be at DL too... so I hope we are Lucky and habe manageable crowds... but I would always prepare for the worst with a nations holiday close by... and especially with christmas time at DL... ( thanksgiving is late this year so less time between thanksgiving and Christmas to do a trip to DL...)

No one can really tell how crowds will be... that time last year was pretty crowded and the year before that it wasn’t crowded at all (at least that’s what I’ve read in reports her on DIS...)
So I hope that this year there won’t be that many people coming and hoping to find a ghost town...

But this year crowds are even harder to predict than usually...
With the assumption of heavy crowds this summer some people might have had the idea to move the summer trip to thanksgiving (it’s full then anyways and they miss less days at school/work)... who knows... :confused3

In my planning I assume high crowds every day... but I think/hope that Friday, Saturday Sunday won’t be too bad...

We were there Thursday-Saturday for Thanksgiving last year and loved it. Everyone told us to expect the crowds to be unreasonable, but we didn't find that to be true at all. We did have MaxPass for everyone, so getting fast passes was super easy. Overall, it was a fantastic trip - one that turned my husband from a "never Disney" guy to a "when can we do this again?" guy.

monday morning will be the worst....all those folks flying out in the late afternoon/late night flights, will have their last chance that morning, typically monday is crowded, but after Thanksgiving, it is more noticeable. Thanksgiving will be light as will Wednesday morning, but come 4:00 Wednesday, there will be a noticeable surge in visitors, as visiting families will want that night at DLR before spending Thanksgiving with the local family and shopping on Friday, then all those holiday diners show up on Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter