• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving in the park

stormer

DIS Veteran
We are going to be in Orlando for Thanksgiving weekend ( Thursday thru Sunday). We are thinking of going to Disney one day, possibly Thanksgiving day. Are there any Christmas decorations up at that point? Do the parks typically close because of attendance on Thanksgiving? Wondering if we could hit two parks just to experience the season. Kids have been to Disney a lot but never at that time.

We are going to be in Orlando for Thanksgiving weekend ( Thursday thru Sunday). We are thinking of going to Disney one day, possibly Thanksgiving day. Are there any Christmas decorations up at that point? Do the parks typically close because of attendance on Thanksgiving? Wondering if we could hit two parks just to experience the season. Kids have been to Disney a lot but never at that time.
Yes, both parks and resorts are complete by Thanksgiving.

The parks will all be open and by then, the decorations will be up... But, some people hate to see the crane and I'm not sure if the crane will be up at that time... Might want to hop online and see what the crane schedule looks like.

The parks will all be open and by then, the decorations will be up... But, some people hate to see the crane and I'm not sure if the crane will be up at that time... Might want to hop online and see what the crane schedule looks like.
The crane is there to put up the lights on the castle, which are used for the Christmas Party, which starts as soon as the Halloween Party is over. So that should be long gone by Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter