Thanksgiving Holidays At WDW

habral

Disney Fan 4-ever
I am planning a trip during the Thanksgiving Holidays of '07. What can one expect during this time. Crowds? Decorations for Christmas?

We went for Thanksgiving in 2005 and we loved it! :love:
We are planning another visit this year. We were able to see all the holiday parades and the decorations were up. Candlelight Processional and the Osbourne Lights were already running...and the weather was perfect!

As for crowds, it was busy but not unbearable. We avoided the MK on Thanksgiving Day and spent it at MGM instead....

We really did think that it was a great time to go...especially when you are unable to travel during off-season because of children in school...

Have a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes

We are also going over Thanksgiving. Our first day will be the 22nd, Thanksgiving Day. So am I to understand that, that day is very busy. We will be at the Swan from the 21-27 to we have thurs-mon to decide where to spend our time in Disney.

We plan on getting park hopper passes for two days. We only want to see a couple of things in Epcot and in MGM, more stuff in MK, and more in AK. We are pretty sure we can accomplish this in our two days, as we have been often in times past. However, we are trying to show the highlights to our son-in-law, who has never been.

Any help and advice would be much apprieciated in planning our adventure. If you were me, what days would you go and where?popcorn::

We are also going over Thanksgiving. Our first day will be the 22nd, Thanksgiving Day. So am I to understand that, that day is very busy. We will be at the Swan from the 21-27 to we have thurs-mon to decide where to spend our time in Disney.

We plan on getting park hopper passes for two days. We only want to see a couple of things in Epcot and in MGM, more stuff in MK, and more in AK. We are pretty sure we can accomplish this in our two days, as we have been often in times past. However, we are trying to show the highlights to our son-in-law, who has never been.

Any help and advice would be much apprieciated in planning our adventure. If you were me, what days would you go and where?popcorn::

If it were me? I would do MGM onThanksgiving Day (for us, we like to see the Osbourne Lights during that evening, the holiday parade was great, and we love to overeat at Hollywood & Vine). I would do Epcot on Friday...the day after Thanksgiving is a great day to see all the Christmas decorations around WS. Then I would do AK next...I would think that the Magic Kingdom would be extremely busy until Monday, so I would plan for the MK on Monday...

That leaves you with an extra day...First I want to remind you that when you buy a park hopper, it is an add-on to your ticket. It will give you a hopper for the entire time you are there! :thumbsup2
So utilize your hopper! If you get to a park and it's busy...hop somewhere else!

Have a great time!!! :goodvibes

If it were me? I would do MGM onThanksgiving Day (for us, we like to see the Osbourne Lights during that evening, the holiday parade was great, and we love to overeat at Hollywood & Vine). I would do Epcot on Friday...the day after Thanksgiving is a great day to see all the Christmas decorations around WS. Then I would do AK next...I would think that the Magic Kingdom would be extremely busy until Monday, so I would plan for the MK on Monday...

That leaves you with an extra day...First I want to remind you that when you buy a park hopper, it is an add-on to your ticket. It will give you a hopper for the entire time you are there! :thumbsup2
So utilize your hopper! If you get to a park and it's busy...hop somewhere else!

Have a great time!!! :goodvibes

Great advice! Thank you very much! :thumbsup2

Flying SW Pittsburgh to Orlando Nov 20 ( $59 each way for 4 $555-$200 credit):cool1:
Checking into Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista Family Suite for 5 nights $309
Checking into CR for 2 nights ($208 pre night standard garden wing)
Wed-MK hopping to EP
Thursday-not sure:confused3 -eating Turkey somewhere I hope:rolleyes1
Friday-MGM
Sat-EP/AK
Sun-WCC for lunch then MVMCP
Monday-Chef Mickey for dinner, hanging out at the CR:banana:
Tuesday-Fly back home:sad1:
Where are you going to be for Thanksgiving day:confused3

We are also going over Thanksgiving as well . Im really hoping the crowds arent horrible
we will be there 11/21-11/25, trying to plan the parks, but its hard with little ones
I think we are gonna do MGM on Thanksgiving to avoid Magic kingdom's crowds, but fortunately the parks have pretty long hours that weekend, so hopefully we can see everything weve planned.

We are also going over Thanksgiving as well . Im really hoping the crowds arent horrible
we will be there 11/21-11/25, trying to plan the parks, but its hard with little ones
I think we are gonna do MGM on Thanksgiving to avoid Magic kingdom's crowds, but fortunately the parks have pretty long hours that weekend, so hopefully we can see everything weve planned.

Right there with you:thumbsup2 My DS is turning 5 on Nov 18 and DS is turning 9 this Sunday:banana: We are celebrating both birthdays for our trip:love: I am also hoping the crowds are not horrible. It is hard with my little guy who begs to be carried on DH's shoulders. :headache: We are very excitied to do MVMCP:santa:

We'll be there for Thanksgiving too! We leave Nov 16th, but we're driving so we won't get there until the 17th. We leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but not until the end of the day, so we'll probably spend that morning in a park.

This will be our third Thanksgiving with Mickey. We did the same basic trip in 2005 and 2003. (Each time we add a kid: 03 no kids, 05 our dd, and now this trip add our ds.

We also try to avoid MK on Thanksgiving and either do MGM or AK. I do think one year we wound up Thursday night in MK for fireworks, but I'm not sure.

My MIL and FIL take us on this trip, so I'm not really responsible for planning, just having the important information when it is needed. My MIL decides what we do each day (with input from all of us). It really is a lot of fun and I can't wait to go!!!!

Good luck,
Amy

We'll be there for Thanksgiving too! We leave Nov 16th, but we're driving so we won't get there until the 17th. We leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but not until the end of the day, so we'll probably spend that morning in a park.

This will be our third Thanksgiving with Mickey. We did the same basic trip in 2005 and 2003. (Each time we add a kid: 03 no kids, 05 our dd, and now this trip add our ds.

We also try to avoid MK on Thanksgiving and either do MGM or AK. I do think one year we wound up Thursday night in MK for fireworks, but I'm not sure.

My MIL and FIL take us on this trip, so I'm not really responsible for planning, just having the important information when it is needed. My MIL decides what we do each day (with input from all of us). It really is a lot of fun and I can't wait to go!!!!

Good luck,
Amy

Have a great trip over Thanksgiving. Where are you from in PA? I think about driving, but can't handle the long trip with my kids:scared1: DH is a truck driver so that is always the last thing he wants to do...drive some more:sad2:

This will be our 5th WDW Thanksgiving (4th in a row) - it is just what we are use to.. we love it!!
The decor is all up by then, and the resorts/parks look beautiful.
However, we are one of the "nuts" that go to MK for TG day! We love it. They always have a.m. EMH so we get there for that at 8am,and have no problem getting on rides til about noon, then we head out. Usally go back to the hotel and hang out by the pool and relax, and we always go to the Hoop De Doo for TG dinner. (Who needs turkey?)

Have a great trip over Thanksgiving. Where are you from in PA? I think about driving, but can't handle the long trip with my kids:scared1: DH is a truck driver so that is always the last thing he wants to do...drive some more:sad2:

We're from South Central PA, so it's about a 20 hour drive with stops. I'm not looking forward to the driving part, we've never done it with 2 small kids. (We did do it with my dd when she was 4 months old, and it wasn't too bad, but now that she can walk, talk, scream, and demand it's a whole new ballgame!

However, as much as the thought of the drive scares me, trying to keep her under control for a plane flight is positively terrifying! She a good girl, don't get me wrong, but there is no way I could keep her happy and quiet for that long. (She barely makes it through church!) She just has a lot of energy! At least in the car if she wants to sing "Clap Your Hands" at the top of her lungs 500 times only her dad and I are driven crazy!

Hope everyone has a terrific Turkey Day in "the World"
Amy

Our family will also be in Disney over Thanksgiving. We are taking the kids out of school Friday and flying out of Chicago on Thursday evening so that we can be in the Magic Kingdom on the 16th for our daughters 12th birthday. (Her sister has an August birthday and has been able to celebrate a few extra times at WDW!)
We are going to spend the week with 3 other families from our neighborhood and it's going to be a blast!
Last year we spent Thanksgiving week with my husbands side of the family in Disney and the only complaint was the cool weather and of course the crowds.
Hope all those able to spend Thanksgiving at Disney have an awesome time. We will all be having Thanksgiving dinner at the Prime Time Cafe at MGM. Where else to eat turkey then in your mom's kitchen? Have a great trip everyone!

We will also be there for Turkey day! We are arriving the 18th and leaving the 23rd. I CAN'T WAIT! My kids have never been, and it has been 8 years since we were there, (it is also our wedding anniversary that week) This was the same week we went last time and it was just perfect, hopefully this time will be great! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday while at Disney! Enjoy yourselves!:yay:

We are also going on Thanksgiving, fly down on the 15th, fly home on the 24th. We are going to the Animal Kingdom for Thanksgiving day and are eating at the HDDR that night (7:15). I'm the only one in my family who really likes turkey, so we decided to skip the traditional Thanksgiving meal and have fun at a dinner show instead. Only 15 days left till we leave!! Yeah!!

We're flying in on Nov 15, but we leave on Nov 21 - so we won't actually be there for Thanksgiving Day. I'm just hoping for some really nice weather and low(er) crowds!!! (We were there for two weeks in July - it was hot and crowded, but we had such a great trip!!!!)

I've never been there for Thanksgiving, but friends of ours were. They said the crowds really weren't bad until Wednesday before TG. The decorations were up and the weather was really nice. I'm sure it's a great time to be in WDW (isn't anytime?)

We'll be there on Thanksgiving Day! Flying in on Monday, November 19 and back out late Saturday night. We're staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. We're meeting my two sisters and their families for my younger sister's fiftieth birthday, which is the day after Thanksgiving.

Good luck,
Amy

Also from PA and doing the same exact thing!! :thumbsup2 This will be our second time at WDW for Thanksgiving, last time was 2005.

We're planning on spending Thanksgiving at the resort getting a little wet in Stormalong Bay, going to dinner at Chef Mickey's then either to MK or EPCOT for some fireworks.

We're also leaving sometime Saturday after Thanksgiving but I'm leaving when we leave up to the kids. I plan to stop somewhere on the way Saturday night so it really doesn't matter to me where. I'd rather spend a few more hours in WDW than to get home a few hours earlier on Sunday. :cool1:

We have ADR's at Chef Mickey's at 11. Would it be better to go to either MK or Epcot since they have the monorail? Just checking a few opinions! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter