• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Holiday DVC dinner review.

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
Just reposting what I put on Facebook. In it I answered questions and replied to comments but I am just posting everything I said about it.

At DVC Thanksgiving. Very quiet, no music or fun. They did come around and offer each table a DVC board game- Monopoly or Scrabble. But for the price paid, it should be both. The tables of two got a game and my table of ten got a game. Doesn't sound fair does it ??? Mickey & Minnie are here but they currently have quite the line waiting for pictures and the dark meat turkey was a processed loaf of meat. Very disappointed.

It was the DVC Thanksgiving day dinner in the ballroom at the contemporary they said Mickey and Minnie in lots more special magic or something like that and charge $90 a person for a basic turkey a dark meat loaf processed meatloaf and potatoes and candied yams.

There was no fun or games or anything like that. There wasn't even Christmas music or anything like that.

So did we and we paid for eight adults and a child to do this and we got one monopoly game and no dancing and no fun and they kicked you out and if you didn't see Minnie and Mickey well that's too bad. I thought others would appreciate the review.

Plus the food was very basic and plain. They put out Mickey Krispy treats and the people that were there and saw it first grabbed them all. If you wanted fruit, you had to ask special. We should have stuck with our Cape May dinner.

There were a lot of people complaining because there were tables of like 18 and 20 and I can imagine what they paid and they only got one board game two in there was nothing else for the kids to do or anything it was crazy. For the kids they had macaroni and cheese and chicken nuggets and chocolate chip cookies and even the milk when that was gone they stop putting it out.

That is why posted. Because I know people are considering the holiday dinners that you're doing for Christmas and New Year's and I want them to know what they're getting into. I'm having lots of fun with my family here at Disney World

I will be writing and expressing my disappointment. There was a line to complain and they just said they were taking notes for next time. I won't be there next time.

It included the tip. No charge for Colette. Our group was 8 adults, 1 child, 1 infant.

If you have any questions, just ask. I wish I had taken pictures of the room and set up but I was just so disappointed that it wasn't something I wanted to remember. And I was trying to finish eating so i could actually see Minnie and Mickey before they disappeared.

Thank you for posting your review. We are here now too and had considered this but kept our reservation at Boma, so glad we did now!!

Such a shame to read though. They could have made this so fun!!

Thanks for the review. I called a couple days ago, and they told me it was sold out for a party of 2. If it was a party of 10, they had tables available, but not for 2. Seemed strange to me, but oh well, it worked out for the better anyways.

Thanks for the review. I called a couple days ago, and they told me it was sold out for a party of 2. If it was a party of 10, they had tables available, but not for 2. Seemed strange to me, but oh well, it worked out for the better anyways.

Seems to me that if Disney really wanted to make this a special DVC member event, they would allow parities of any size.

After reading the reviews and your post, looks like Disney is just trying to make money. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

Must have had 10 seats left and only one board game. Shame it wasn't better.

Pictures from my friends camera

our food lines

dessert options - those were our pies.... the bite size things. you had a choice of Pecan or Pumpkin, both that size.

We were there also...party of 9. I totally agree with the other reviews...basic food, very limited dessert choices, no music, decorations or anything special. Just a line for Mickey and Minnie and a board game. Also we had food allergies in out group and the allergy options were not great...much better at the restaurants, Would not try this again, especially at the crazy price. going back to our go to Artist Point nxt thanksgiving. This wasn't even worth HALF the price charged. They really could've put a little effort into making it special.

Thanks for all the reviews it's good to know its not worth the cost. Maybe it will get better next year if it is offered again

Thanks for all the reviews it's good to know its not worth the cost. Maybe it will get better next year if it is offered again

Disney does huge corporate events, Disney does small and large weddings, Disney does Food & Wine, they know how to throw a party and how to cater a meal. In this case they chose to just do the minimum.

For the life of me I just do not understand DVC management. :sad2: :confused3

Thank you for the review. We actually considered it but thankfully the price changed my mind. Thanks to your review I won't consider any other DVC "special" dinner.

I am so glad I kept our LTT reservations. The price was just too much to justify for us. It's one thing to charge that much, but they better put on a show for that kind of money and it sounds like they didn't.

Wow... this review made our Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving dinner look like a grand success!
For $90 a head I would totally expect a lot more than that.

The pictures speak volumes. It's obvious there are limited to no decorations.

The food from the photos and descriptions is pretty much as I expected, although I would have thought they would have had a carved turkey station similar to the carving stations at BOMA. That way you could get real dark meat, rather than "processed".

I certainly wouldn't pay for this experience. Sorry it was such a bust.

I think I'll be passing on any future member events such as this. Thanks for your review. Who pocketed the proceeds?

I think I'll be passing on any future member events such as this. Thanks for your review. Who pocketed the proceeds?

Who knows, if they charged it off as a DVC event, owners paid for it and owners should receive any profit.

My guess is that Disney put it on and Disney got the profit if any.

Who knows, if they charged it off as a DVC event, owners paid for it and owners should receive any profit. My guess is that Disney put it on and Disney got the profit if any. :earsboy: Bill
from the looks of that food, it couldn't have cost what was charged!

We also attended this and thought that it was very over priced. Two things that really got to us was the fact that you had to pay for soft drinks - $4.50 per can, and the fact that there was no ice for the iced tea and you had to drink your iced tea from a paper cup.

We will not be doing this again any time in the near future.

We also attended this and thought that it was very over priced. Two things that really got to us was the fact that you had to pay for soft drinks - $4.50 per can, and the fact that there was no ice for the iced tea and you had to drink your iced tea from a paper cup.

We will not be doing this again any time in the near future.

Make sure that you share your feelings with member satisfaction. According to DVC management, the event was well received and they are planning similar events in the future.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter