Thanksgiving Discounts?

MARAJIM

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about going the Friday/Saturday the week before Thanksgiving and leaving the Friday/Saturday after the holiday. In reality are there any discounts ever given at this time? I would guess not, but I sure am hoping!

Thanks in advance for your info!

You'll have at least a chance if you arrive on Friday. However, no way if you arrive on Saturday. That week is always blacked out due to the schools having off. They usually will give the discount if you arrive on a date it is being offered, even if it means the rest of your stay is blacked out. So, plan for FRIDAY!!!

If you're open to staying at the Swan or Dolphin, you may be able to get discount. We're staying over Thanksgiving, and got the "Allears 10" rate, which was a really nice discount.

Traditionally you have to arrive on Thursday before the break to get the discount. I have been tracking the discounts on the wdwinfo historical discounts.
I have done it twice to receive free dining.

They have offered a Free Dining discount the last 2 years, if you checked in by the Thursday before Thanksgiving and if you checked in by the last day of the promo you could receive the discount for your entire stay at WDW. Room discounts don't usually work that way, they are good for certain stay dates and you can't carry those rates over for the entire stay. If you aren't arriving until that Friday or Saturday, you chances of getting a discount to cover your entire stay are slim

We have had FD PIN codes for Thanksgiving twice. Last year Disney had a GP FD offer for the Saturday before Thanksgiving but it only stayed up for a day or two before they noticed the error and pushed it back to Friday and then to Thursday. Not sure if anyone took advantage of this error. Don't count on this happening again. We really like our FD.

Good Luck.

If you're open to staying at the Swan or Dolphin, you may be able to get discount. We're staying over Thanksgiving, and got the "Allears 10" rate, which was a really nice discount.

After just a quick peek, and not looking at the dates so I could be totally off, it looks as if the Allears rate is $139. Is that what you got, or is there another promotion?

Thanks for giving this option.

Thanks everyone for your input. We'll have to watch it closely...since I don't want to take the kids out of school any more than we have to (although they wouldn't care!) maybe one of us adults will have to go a day early to get free dining!!

I don't know if this will hold true for future discounts but the bounce back discount allowed us to book at 35% off deluxe on the nights of Friday 11/16 and Saturday 11/17/12 (no discounts starting 11/18/12). We are doing a split stay and plan on focusing on Epcot and HS during our 3 days staying in the Epcot area.

To the best of my recollection....we used a AAA room-only discount in 2008 and got a room only pin discount for 2010. The room-only pin for 2010 had black out dates of the Wed, Thurs and Fri nights of Thanksgiving week. We checked out the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

After just a quick peek, and not looking at the dates so I could be totally off, it looks as if the Allears rate is $139. Is that what you got, or is there another promotion?

Thanks for giving this option.

Our rate for Thanksgiving week is $129/ night, plus the resort fee.

Our rate for Thanksgiving week is $129/ night, plus the resort fee.

Wow, that is a great rate! My concerns are the no transfers from/to the airport. And I'm scared to book, in case they offer free dining. But from what I'm seeing maybe they won't even offer FD. Got the mousesavers link for tickets...what to do, what to do. We're still so far out, but I feel as if I don't pull the trigger soon it will cost me in the end!

Wow, that is a great rate! My concerns are the no transfers from/to the airport. And I'm scared to book, in case they offer free dining. But from what I'm seeing maybe they won't even offer FD. Got the mousesavers link for tickets...what to do, what to do. We're still so far out, but I feel as if I don't pull the trigger soon it will cost me in the end!

The rate wasn't available online. I called and asked for the best rate, and this is what they offered - not bad, considering the Disney resorts are charging the higher "Holiday" rate during that same period. I didn't have to prepay, and can cancel up to 45 days before with no penalty.

We stayed at the Swan last year and loved it. The location is great, and we booked a limo for our airport transfers. I thought I would miss Magical Express, but I liked not having to wait in line or wait for the bus to fill up before leaving! The kids obviously loved the Limo. On our next trip, I'll arrange the car through the Hotel though, rather than trying to book it on my own. We learned that they're much cheaper.

If you're at all interested, I'd book it. Just make sure you have the option to cancel, and then you could still take advantage of a Disney offer if one comes up that you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter