• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving Dinner

Does anyone know if there are Photo Pass photographers at the DLH ballroom meal?
We are getting excited!

I heard from a friend that the DLH buffet is completely sold out and so is NR. Is this true? Are any of the other Thanksgiving dinners sold out?

I heard from a friend that the DLH buffet is completely sold out and so is NR. Is this true? Are any of the other Thanksgiving dinners sold out?

I booked the DLH dinner the first few hours it was open and think by end of day it was full. I know Storytellers is offering a buffet but seems to be full also. There is a chance that some reservations may open as it gets closer as people finalize plans and cancel or rebook. From a quick check of party of 4 people ( just as a hypothetical) on Thanksgiving some restaurants had availability you just may have to make choices.

Thank you for the info. We're set (made our reservations the first day), but our friends are not. I will advise them to keep looking for cancellations.

I booked the DLH dinner the first few hours it was open and think by end of day it was full. I know Storytellers is offering a buffet but seems to be full also. There is a chance that some reservations may open as it gets closer as people finalize plans and cancel or rebook. From a quick check of party of 4 people ( just as a hypothetical) on Thanksgiving some restaurants had availability you just may have to make choices.

I would definitely advise a coordinated assault on the website the day/night before. We have reservations for Thanksgiving at the DLH, but may not be able to attend; we'll cancel the day before, if so. Don't give up! I've almost never not been able to get a reservation I wanted if I was willing to hammer the website enough. I know not everyone has the time for that. One strategy I've employed effectively has been to wait for midnight and then go full hammer -- sometimes reservations are "released" at that time (it'll be 9:00 p.m. on the West Coast, which is nice), and you may have an increased chance of scoring what you want.

Finally, remember that the Thanksgiving reservations, unlike dessert parties and so forth, are NOT prepaid, so, you can probably expect cancellations before the day -- good luck!

Wow! I just got in. Every once in a while I check the page with no hope I'd actually get in this late. I was just doing a little burst of refreshes and suddenly one popped up!

By the way, I noticed when I booked that you have to cancel this one 3 days before, so for those looking for cancelations you may want to try that.

Wow! I just got in. Every once in a while I check the page with no hope I'd actually get in this late. I was just doing a little burst of refreshes and suddenly one popped up!

By the way, I noticed when I booked that you have to cancel this one 3 days before, so for those looking for cancelations you may want to try that.

Awesome congrats ! It's always my advice to keep checking as often as possible because you just never know. Being only a few weeks out plans start to finalize so I think you'll see more and more.

If anyone is looking for a cancellation to the Thanksgiving Dinner at the Disneyland Hotel, I have a Table of 6 on November 26 at 4:45 PM that I plan to let go and can coordinate my cancellation so you can try to pick it up. It doesn't seem like coordinating ADR cancelations for DLR restaurants is as popular here as over at WDW, but I thought I'd put this on the DIS since this ADR is fully booked and so in demand.

The Thanksgiving family feast is truly a unique and wonderful dinner that Disneyland puts on only once a year. Thanksgiving is the only holiday that is celebrated with such a grand banquet. It's been a tradition for our family for the past four years and I had hoped to make a short trip this year just for this dinner, but other travel plans around that time are making this trip impractical. Anyway, I hope someone is interested and enjoys the food, decorations, music, and meet-and-greets for us this year. We'll be there again next year!

PM me if you'd like to coordinate.

Last edited:
I used to love the Mother's Day Royal Buffet they did, but they stopped it a year ago. It was even better than the Thanksgiving one.

Can you coordinate the cancelations? I was told they don't clear the queue til midnight.

I used to love the Mother's Day Royal Buffet they did, but they stopped it a year ago. It was even better than the Thanksgiving one.

Can you coordinate the cancelations? I was told they don't clear the queue til midnight.

On the WDW boards coordination of dining reservations happens often and I did it successfully for several transfers. I would assume the WDW and Disneyland sites work the same.
I say this because I have searched multiple times per day and new things have popped up.

On that note I also have a Thanksgiving reservation I don't need :

Disneyland Hotel Thanksgiving Dinner
2 adults

Date: Thursday, November 26, 2015
Time: 1:45 PM

Please PM me if interested :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter