Thanksgiving Dinner/Lunch at WDW

Mickey3Boys

Aarrgg mi mousies!!!
What experience have you had with Thanksgiving Dinner at one of the resorts or at the Parks? My 5 year old is really excited about having a big turkey and pumpkin pie this year. Is there a restaurant that actually serves a big turkey, etc.? I looked online at the restaurants and it is not so clear - some do say plated dinner, which is not what we are looking for - Got to have the BIG turkey. We are staying at a Villa, so have the option to cook, but would take time away from the parks - What would you do? There are 2 adults and 3 children - 5 year old + 2 year old twins.

It sounds like you are talking about this Thanksgiving. If you are, I think you are going to just have to call and see if they have anything available. I know friends of ours had trouble getting ADR's for Thanksgiving several months ago. You may try posting on the dining board, there are lots of restaurant savvy DISer's over there.

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Yachtman's Steakhouse last year. The food was good, but it was a plated dinner and not the big turkey. Also, it wasn't the most fun experience for our toddler. This year we're going to pre-order Thanksgiving dinner from Publix and eat it in our DVC unit! There are loads of other places you can pre-order the big turkey from, though. Some places on the internet will even send you a deep-fried turkey:laughing: I wanted this but I can't seem to sell my DH on it:rotfl2:

Do you have more info about the Publix Thanksgiving meal? Do you know how much it is? Can you pick it up on Thanksgiving Day? Is the Turkey pre-cooked? Thanks for the idea!

Many of the restaurants will be changing their menus for Thanksgiving day. I was able to find a site (not through WDW) the other day that had the menus for the restaurants for the week of Thanksgiving. I know some of the usual buffets and family style were doing a Thanksgiving feast. I will try to find that site... I too am going over Thanksgiving.

The site is at wdwinfo.com . Go to Disney dining then you will see Thanksgiving in box at the top, click that.

YUMMMMMMMMMM...I'm starting to get hungry just thinking about our Thanksgiving trip. We have reservations at WCC but a thanksgiving dinner from Publix is starting to sound alot more convenient with three children.

We are doing a late lunch/early dinner (2:30pm) at The Yacht Club Galley. It is listed as being a Traditional New England Thanksgiving buffet. I made these reservations for 4 adults quite a while ago. I called last week to see if I could switch it to something earlier and the only thing they had available was 9:30m.

My boyfriends dad lives in Orlando and the Publix by him does a Thanksgiving dinner. We did this last year when we were down there. I think it included a turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish and a vegetable. I do not think it included a desert. I believe there were different packages. Everything was cooked so we just had to reheat. I think we had to pick it up the day before.

Linda

I called Dining today to find out if there was anything at all open Thanksgiving day for a family of four, and it didn't matter where....there was NOTHING to be had. They did tell me to keep calling back though in case someone else cancels. :confused3

People started making ressies for Thanksgiving week in May. I made mine on May 19th at 6am! My flight time got changed, and I had to cancel a ressie for my last day, and needed to add another one (on ddp) earlier in the week. I finally just asked what Epcot had available on the day I wanted, and chose from a limited list. If you plan to eat TS at all that week, not just Thanksgiving, I suggest you call now!

We had Thanksgiving dinner at Yachtman's Steakhouse last year. The food was good, but it was a plated dinner and not the big turkey. Also, it wasn't the most fun experience for our toddler. This year we're going to pre-order Thanksgiving dinner from Publix and eat it in our DVC unit! There are loads of other places you can pre-order the big turkey from, though. Some places on the internet will even send you a deep-fried turkey:laughing: I wanted this but I can't seem to sell my DH on it:rotfl2:

Where is the Publix? Do they deliver? We will also be in DVC unit so, it might be more convenient than venturing out. I made the ressie for WCC back in May just so we could have something in place but, now the turkey dinner is sounding very appealing.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter