Thanksgiving Dinner 2016??

momtoce&j

No, exchanges are not used to restock necessities
Hi Everyone,

There will be a total of 10 of us in Oahu for Thanksgiving this year. Does anyone know where we could eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving?? Turkey and all the fixings??

Will Aulani offer anything? Anyone know of a restaurant close by? Maybe in Waikiki?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

There will be a total of 10 of us in Oahu for Thanksgiving this year. Does anyone know where we could eat a traditional Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving?? Turkey and all the fixings??

Will Aulani offer anything? Anyone know of a restaurant close by? Maybe in Waikiki?

Thanks!
Try checking out Monkeypod Kitchen which is right across the street from Aulani. It's a sit-down restaurant and they will most likely have a Thanksgiving meal available. You can make reservations online and contact them to ask about Thanksgiving. Aulani will probably offer a holiday meal, but it will probably be more expensive.

Ama 'Ama is serving a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Ulu Café will be serving sliced turkey with all of the trimmings.

Aulani has traditionally held a Thanksgiving banquet every since they have been open - but still nothing has been announced for this year. There is another thread with a group of us who keep calling in every few days. Front desk said that they've heard one is still happening, but nothing has been announced. My guess is that they are trying to determine how this will conflict with their brand new luau. (no thanks- RIP Starlit Hui) Keep watching the seasonal page on the Aulani website - the Halloween post just went up a week or so ago!

BOOKING IS FINALLY OPEN FOR THE THANKSGIVING BUFFET!!! The lines are swamped, so you may have to leave a voice mail for them to call you back - it took them 24 hours to get back to me since their system got bogged down yesterday from all the calls! ** This event WILL SELL OUT - so don't delay. Resort guests can book now, non-resort guests not until November.

Here's the details:
THANKSGIVING FEAST
Price:
Adults: $89.50
3-9 yrs old: $45.75
Two seatings:
4-6:30pm and 6:15-8pm
Entertainment (live band) and Disney characters throughout each two hour timeslot.
Main entrees include (but are not limited to): Roast turkey with sage stuffing, giblet gravy, short ribs, chicken breast, island fish, glazed ham and more! There are lots of sides to choose from as well - including mashed potatoes and many other traditional sides with Hawaiian touches. When she started listing off the desserts, I couldn't keep up: pumpkin pie, pumpkin crunch (I don't know what this is, but it sounds amazing!), crustless pumpkin cheesecake, pecan butterscotch bread pudding, brownies and much more. There is a full keiki station with pizza, ramen-coated chicken strips and more kid-friendly options.
Pre-pay in full - and you can cancel for a full refund up until 72 hours before. I'M SOLD!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies!!! For some reason I was getting the notifications that there were replies, so I'm just seeing this all now.

BOOKING IS FINALLY OPEN FOR THE THANKSGIVING BUFFET!!! The lines are swamped, so you may have to leave a voice mail for them to call you back - it took them 24 hours to get back to me since their system got bogged down yesterday from all the calls! ** This event WILL SELL OUT - so don't delay. Resort guests can book now, non-resort guests not until November.

Here's the details:
THANKSGIVING FEAST
Price:
Adults: $89.50
3-9 yrs old: $45.75
Two seatings:
4-6:30pm and 6:15-8pm
Entertainment (live band) and Disney characters throughout each two hour timeslot.
Main entrees include (but are not limited to): Roast turkey with sage stuffing, giblet gravy, short ribs, chicken breast, island fish, glazed ham and more! There are lots of sides to choose from as well - including mashed potatoes and many other traditional sides with Hawaiian touches. When she started listing off the desserts, I couldn't keep up: pumpkin pie, pumpkin crunch (I don't know what this is, but it sounds amazing!), crustless pumpkin cheesecake, pecan butterscotch bread pudding, brownies and much more. There is a full keiki station with pizza, ramen-coated chicken strips and more kid-friendly options.
Pre-pay in full - and you can cancel for a full refund up until 72 hours before. I'M SOLD!!
Where are you getting this info? I searched all over, couldn't find out any more info on this. I currently have a reservation for the regular buffet, anybody who had been to the Feast before know if the extra $ per person is worth it over the regular buffet? Thank you!

Where are you getting this info? I searched all over, couldn't find out any more info on this. I currently have a reservation for the regular buffet, anybody who had been to the Feast before know if the extra $ per person is worth it over the regular buffet? Thank you!

As I mentioned - I called and spoke with someone directly at Aulani (it is still not listed on their website, but starting booking a week ago)......a CM named Gina got us booked. It's definitely an expensive meal - but I think it's worth it for a big holiday away from home, and we'll be eating dinners in the villa most of the rest of our stay anyway. Whether it's worth the price is going to be an individual opinion though - some might disagree, but it certainly sells out every single year! We've been to the regular buffet before, and were LESS than impressed. They charged me an adult price of $40 for my 12 yr old who only ate a ROLL b/c there were few mainstream offerings that particular night.

We have been in Hawaii twice on Thanksgiving day - not near Aulani though. I remember seeing advertisements for Thanksgiving Dinner everywhere - even at a sit down pizza place. We weren't brave enough to try that!

In 2001 we went to a Luau on Maui. They served the normal fare, except they substituted Turkey for the Pork dish. So we didn't have 'all the fixings'. The Luau was great, but we all sort of missed the Thanksgiving dinner feel.

A couple of years later we were staying at Turtle Bay Resort on Oahu and we went to their buffet style Thanksgiving dinner - which was very good.

It has been many years, so even if I could recall the prices we paid, they probably wouldn't be any where near accurate today! My best guess is a buffet at Turtle Bay might be in the same ballpark as the buffet at Aulani - but you wouldn't have any characters and you would have to drive to the North Shore.

I would bet just about every Resort would have some sort of Thanksgiving dinner, which is something to keep in mind if Aulani sells out - or you plan to go out touring on Thanksgiving Day anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter