Thanksgiving day

xxSevxx

Earning My Ears
Hey guys so I searched a lot and found some info and seems like the week leading up to Thanksgiving is crazy, but how is the day of Thanksgiving? Is it lower crowds or is still crazy like the week leading up to it?

Thanksgiving Day is just as busy, if not busier than the other weekdays that week. Less and less families are doing the traditional "cook a big meal at home" thing, and instead go out to eat, or buy pre-cooked versions. Other theme parks in the area used to close on Thanksgiving Day, but they have all opened up the day due to high demand.

While some students get the full week off, most working parents have to work the week and only get Thursday (and maybe Friday) off, so a good day to spend time with their kids. Sorry for the info.

I don't have personal experience so take this response with a grain of salt, but I remember last year reading on micechat how Monday and Tuesday were the busiest of the week whereas actual thanksgiving was still busy but less so than those days. Something about a lot of schools had the whole week off but AP's weren't blocked at the beginning of the week but we're at the end.

We were in the parks last year Wednesday, Thursday (Thanksgiving), Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I really enjoyed being on the park on Thanksgiving day. I don't think it was empty, it was still crowded but less crowded than Wednesday and Friday. We had a Blue Bayou reservation for Fantasmic Package for dinner and it was fantastic. We saw the late showing of Fantasmic and there were very few people in our section. Very nice!

Also, this year we are AP holders and as the previous poster said - we are blocked the end of the week (Deluxe is blocked Thursday, Friday, & Saturday) whereas last year we were on our 5-day park hopper (upgraded second to last day of the trip)

We were just in the parks last weekend (October 14, 15, 16) and it felt just as crowded as Thanksgiving time. Probably due to the lack of the Disneyland Railroad, Rivers of America attractions, and Critter Country being closed.

That being said I would do Disneyland on Thanksgiving day again in a heartbeat! But alas we're blocked so we'll be in the park with the crowds on the 19th & 20th. Honestly, it's always crowded - so get there early, plan your FP pulls, and enjoy it.

We went several years ago, and found that it was just as busy as any other holiday week. It was difficult to get around. It was fun to be there for the holiday though!

We went thanksgiving week last year early in the week wasn't very busy as the week went on it got busier and busier but we did the go early and take advantage of the light crowds and have a lunch time break strategy

As for thanksgiving day we used our magic morning and it was dead quiet rode everything in fantasyland in 25mins was the best decision we had made

By lunch time
Is was packed so took our break had reservations at storytellers at 6:30 but before went and watched Pixar play parade and had my sons Santa photo done with a minimal wait

We were there the entire week a few years ago and we were pleasantly surprised with crowds. I was expecting max capacity on Thurs based on what I read and it was nothing close to that. Crowds during the week weren't any worse than other times we've gone. Thurs morning the park was pretty mellow, it did get busier in the afternoon but know-where near max capacity.

Thank you everyone for your replies and input. I think we are going to pull the trigger and go on Thanksgiving day!

my family and I will also be there on thanksgiving week, talked to my friends who are AP holders in LA, they all confirmed it is insane that week, but seeing that is the week my kids are off school and x'mas decors already up, we will just have to deal with the crowds and be happy we are on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter