Thanksgiving day in MK

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DonaldnDaisy5, Feb 18, 2013.

1. DonaldnDaisy5

DonaldnDaisy5 Mouseketeer

We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving week this year. Our last day due to travel/work/school schedules will be Thanksgiving day. We check out Friday and will be on the road by midafternoon.

We always spend our last day at MK, how crowded should I be prepared for?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneynanacat

disneynanacat Lovin' Disney Too!

It's been a few years ago but we went Thanksgiving week once time. We spent TG day in MK and it wasn't bad at all. I was expecting to have to hop to another park but we were having such a good day that we spent the whole day there. You never know, just go expecting it to be busy and have a plan. If it's not busy like it was when we were there that's all the better.

4. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

Easywdw shows T'Day crowd levels rated a 9 out of 10, and MK as one of the parks to avoid that day. Sorry.

5. DonaldnDaisy5

I guess I hear 9 and avoid but I can't picture what that looks like.

We usually do spring break - Easter week. We did August this year. And I used to do Christmas week when i was a kid...so....difficult to decide!

6. GovieMom

GovieMom DIS Veteran

Then you'll know about what to expect. Have fun and good luck!

7. DonaldnDaisy5

I think now I am just aware people say avoid this park on this day...but its doable right??? :)

8. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

In my experience, if you get there for park opening you still can get a lot done in the first few hours. If the weather is nice, however, it gets pretty bad by about 11 a.m. and by 1 p.m. it's a madhouse. If the weather is not nice--certainly a possibility at that time of year--things can be a lot better as many of the locals tend to stay home.

9. Sunnywho

Sunnywho DIS Veteran

That's for 2012. They don't have 2013 out yet.