• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving day in MK

DonaldnDaisy5

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving week this year. Our last day due to travel/work/school schedules will be Thanksgiving day. We check out Friday and will be on the road by midafternoon.

We always spend our last day at MK, how crowded should I be prepared for?

It's been a few years ago but we went Thanksgiving week once time. We spent TG day in MK and it wasn't bad at all. I was expecting to have to hop to another park but we were having such a good day that we spent the whole day there. You never know, just go expecting it to be busy and have a plan. If it's not busy like it was when we were there that's all the better.

Easywdw shows T'Day crowd levels rated a 9 out of 10, and MK as one of the parks to avoid that day. Sorry.

I guess I hear 9 and avoid but I can't picture what that looks like.

We usually do spring break - Easter week. We did August this year. And I used to do Christmas week when i was a kid...so....difficult to decide!

I think now I am just aware people say avoid this park on this day...but its doable right??? :)

In my experience, if you get there for park opening you still can get a lot done in the first few hours. If the weather is nice, however, it gets pretty bad by about 11 a.m. and by 1 p.m. it's a madhouse. If the weather is not nice--certainly a possibility at that time of year--things can be a lot better as many of the locals tend to stay home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter