Thanksgiving Cruise!

bill-dfw

Mouseketeer
Hi all...

We're cruising Thanksgiving week this year. I have to assume they'll have something special planned Thanksgiving day. But, we're wondering if there will be anything done the day after for Christmas, like they do in the parks?

I know they have a tree lighting on CC, but I don't know when they start that.

Any past Thanksgiving cruisers out there who can give a hint on what to expect?

Thank you!

Bill

CC will be decorated for Christmas on your second visit that week. :) The ship will already be decorated when you board. You may want to search for titles only for "thanksgiving" or "turkey".

Hey Bill.... Great to hear about your plans. I was on the Wonder last thanksgiving. As far as "special" events, they had a Thanksgiving menu for dinner that evening and the ship was decorated for Christmas. We took several pics at the lit tree in front of Tritans. Other than those things, I didn't see any other emphasis on the actual holiday. My wife and I were at Nassau that day and I will admit that 80 degrees, sunny and shorts/t-shirt was a big difference from Ohio, grey overcast and wet snow. The only other thing I can tell you is that cruise was our first and we were so impressed that we booked a 7 night eastern for this year at thanksgiving(well, two days after, anyways). If you check the thread !!!11-25-06!!!, I believe there are several in our group that have done previous Thanksgiving DCL cruises. They may be have more insight.
Anything else I can help ya with, dont hesistate to ask.
Enjoy~
Bill or Mutt...I answer to either

We cruised last year the the saturday after Thanksgiving. Although it the ship was decorated and the tree was up, you still saw things going up during the week. It was fun to watch the gingerbread house in progress.

We also cruised the Wonder last Thanksgiving. Crusiemutt - there must have been lots of Buckeyes on board (I was with a family group 20. all either Buckeyes or former) - tell me - why don't we savor the grey, wet Ohio weather?

The Christmas tree was up and the Gingerbread house was in its early stages. A special menu for Thanksgiving dinner included Turkey, Lobster, Prime Rib, Halibut, or Virginia Ham (a special menu I have right here). MIckey was so cute in his Pilgrim outfit - we did not get pictures with him, so the whole group has reservations for Thanksgiving 2007 so we can get those photos.

The best way to spend the holidays! Greandma Jane knows how to do Thanksgiving right!!

Hi Linda....I'm not sure why they couldn't replicate the 34 degrees or that lovely dampness that makes the leaves stick together before they freeze together,....guess its just not in tune with the disney theme. We were a party of 12. I'm surprised we didn't sense the Ohioans amoung us...lol. We're probably gonna do a western around thanksgiving in 07 but thats still a little too far in the future at this point. The 6+ months waiting for the eastern is torture enough for me. Between screensavers, castaway club music and re-watching the travel channel special in DCL a few times, I am hanging on but Nov. 25th really cant come soon enough. Anyways....too bad our families missed each other on Thanksgiving but theres always next year! :banana:
Nice to meet ya...
Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter