Thanksgiving Crowds: Universal VS Disney

were45

Mouseketeer
We're planning our next trip for 2014, beginning Friday Nov 28 (day after T.Giving) and checking out Sat. morning Dec. 6.
At this point I was planning Black Friday and Sat. at Universal, staying onsite for early entry and express passes, but just one night due to cost. Then over to WDW for Sun - Friday, checking out Sat.
This is our first visit to Universal. At WDW we will have PH tickets and our own car so we are free to hop around based on crowds, etc.
My dilemma at this point is which way to plan. Although I wanted to end with Disney because we love it, would it be better crowd-wise to begin with Disney and end at Universal?
If anyone has experience at both parks over Thanksgiving weekend I would very much appreciate your thoughts, or anyone else with opinions to add. Thanks!

I haven't been there at that time. Last year we went to IOA the week before t.giving. What I'd recommend is posting this question on the universal board and checking out the crowd calendar at undercover tourist (they have calendars for both disney and universal). Hope that helps

I haven't been there at that time. Last year we went to IOA the week before t.giving. What I'd recommend is posting this question on the universal board and checking out the crowd calendar at undercover tourist (they have calendars for both disney and universal). Hope that helps

I will use your suggestions. Thank you!
PS - Can I move this post to the Universal Board or do I need to rewrite it?

Your original plan to do Universal with the front of line passes Thanksgiving weekend and Disney after the Thanksgiving crowds die down is how I'd do it.

We have done both Universal and Disney the week after Thanksgiving. (The reason is because of the Old Spice Classic.)

Both companies theme parks will be much more dead on the Mon-Wed after Thanksgiving Weekend. We were staying at the Hardrock Hotel so we had those line-skipping passes, but on those days we never even needed to use them. There wasn't a line for anything at Universal on those days.

Honestly, if there is any way to delay your decision until the last minute, I would do that. The reason is that Islands of Adventure is a very "wet" park. Half the good rides get you soaked. You really want to have at least one hot day to enjoy that park. If you can find that in early December, that's the time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter