• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanksgiving brunch?

MrsGoofyMitchell

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
This is my first post on the Cooking board!

I am looking to make a side dish for Thanksgiving brucnh. Of course my Aunt want to know now what I'm making.

I was thinking of finding a recipe for pumpkin muffins and maybe a cranberry relish.

Does anyone have any other ideas or recipes?

Thanks!

Welcome. There's been a little more activity happening on the cooking board, lately which is good!
Someone recently posted somewhere on the Dis Boards (and sorry I don't remember who or where) a recipe for pumpkin muffins.

It was

1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix
1 cup water
mix together, spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes.

I made them and added raisins and walnuts. Some one else mentioned adding chocolate chips. They were great and super easy!

I get rave reviews for this:

Hot Fruit Salad
1 lg can pineapple chunks
1 lg can pears
1 lg can apricot halves
1 can peach halves
2 cans mandarin oranges
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup fruit juice

Drain fruit and cut up in large chunks, reserving ½ cup fruit juice. Place fruit in a large, greased baking dish. Blend together remaining ingredients and pour over top of fruit. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour. May be made ahead and baked when ready to serve. Makes 12 servings.

Those pumpkin muffins sound yummy! I might need to make those for hubby's office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter