Thanksgiving at Disney?

deschneider

Earning My Ears
We have never spent a holiday at Disney. Is it really that crowded at Thanksgiving? Will we be able to get a 2BR at the 7 month point? Does Disney do anything special for Thanksgiving?

We've gone several T-day weeks and are going in 2011. I always make a reservation at my home resort and then if I want to switch I do that at 7 months.

You will not have a problem at 7 months getting a 2 bdr if you are not picky about where you want to stay. You may even very well get your top choice if you call in right at 7 months.

But as far as the parks go, yes Thanksgiving week is crowded especially from Wed. the day before T-day through that weekend.

The parks are decorated for Christmas already and many of the special holiday performances at Epcot start the day after THanksgiving.

While WDW doesn't really do anything special on T-day, almost all their restaurants serve traditional Thanksgiving meals as an option that day. Do however make your ADR's ASAP for T-day when the booking window opens as it of course fills very fast!!

We love WDW at Thanksgiving! We have gone four times so far (and from California!) and simply love the decorations, etc. It is pretty much all decked out for the holidays and they usually have all the trees and lights and special parades.

It is generally crowded starting on Wednesday, but in 2010 it was pretty much crowded starting on the Saturday before. We find everyone in such good spirits, we don't mind the crowds. Weather was gorgeous this past Thanksgiving...80s daytime and 60s at night. Pool weather! It was our warmest Thanksgiving there. One year, it was record cold temps!

We book our home resort and don't use the 7-month window, so I can't say what your odds would be.

We've done T-giving for the last 5yrs, we always stay at SSR, because I book at GV at 11 months. You need to be on the phone asap at the 7 month window if you want something other than OKW/SSR and possibly waitlist.

To me it hasn't been that busy the last couple of years, the busiest I've seen it was 06 and 07, the crowds imho have been down in 08,09 and 10.

We're giving it a miss next year, we're going down in early November for F&W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter