Thanksgiving AND New Year's?! Whew! - Update 3/12 Pg. 17

You guys are leaving at the right time! Just when predictions of a little snow falling on Thanksgiving Day in the Windy City! Have a wonderful time, look forward to reading about your trip!

You guys are leaving at the right time! Just when predictions of a little snow falling on Thanksgiving Day in the Windy City! Have a wonderful time, look forward to reading about your trip!

:welcome:

Thanks! I could not believe how cold it was today! Brrrr. I am so excited that I'll at least be in my warm paradise for a while. :banana:

One more sleep!

:woohoo::dance3::cheer2::hyper::jumping1:party:

I've done everything that I need to do. I'm packed. I checked in online for Southwest. Boarding A24. I've never done Southwest before, but I know how their boarding process works. I think this is a good group? If not, oh well! :laughing:

The only thing that I couldn't do was check in online for the hotel. I faxed my requests a few days ago, but was still planning on checking in online. But the system hasn't bee working. Oh well, I don't think that there will be too many people waiting when I get there at midnight! :rotfl:

Well everyone, I'll be back with a real trip report! Stay tuned here!

One more sleep!

:woohoo::dance3::cheer2::hyper::jumping1:party:

I've done everything that I need to do. I'm packed. I checked in online for Southwest. Boarding A24. I've never done Southwest before, but I know how their boarding process works. I think this is a good group? If not, oh well! :laughing:

The only thing that I couldn't do was check in online for the hotel. I faxed my requests a few days ago, but was still planning on checking in online. But the system hasn't bee working. Oh well, I don't think that there will be too many people waiting when I get there at midnight! :rotfl:

Well everyone, I'll be back with a real trip report! Stay tuned here!

Yeah we leave at 7:25 tonight. All I have to do is make it thru work today:dance3::love::cheer2:

We are coming Mickey:cool1::love::yay:pixiedust:

Hi everyone! I'm back! I am putting together my information as we speak and I hope to have something posted somewhat soon. I ordered my photopass CD already, so as soon as I get that, we'll be ready to get going on our official first day. I hope to put up departure day soon. Stay tuned!

Just found your TR. You sure were packing a lot of stuff into three days. I can't wait to hear how it went. My daughter is only 6 but I dream about taking mother/daughter trips with her to Disney when she is older!

Just found your TR. You sure were packing a lot of stuff into three days. I can't wait to hear how it went. My daughter is only 6 but I dream about taking mother/daughter trips with her to Disney when she is older!

:welcome:

Thanks for joining! It was a lot to do in three days, but it was worth it. I cherish the trips that my mom and I take together and I hope you can definitely take one in the future with your daughter.

Hi , Looking forward to reading your trip report! How much fun to have such a last minute trip book so easily!

Welcome back! I'm sure those 3 days flew by but hey, I'd take 3 days at WDW over no days. ;) Looking forward to your TR!

So here's our departure day! There won't be many pictures, because I don't seem to take a lot of pictures on travel days. Why, I don't know. I will have some at the end though!

I did have to work this day. I didn't want to, but unfortunately that's what happens when you book a trip when you have no vacation time left. In addition to that, I work in an accounting department where you are not allowed to take time off when we close the books.

I managed to drag myself into work at 7am. That's a milestone. Let it be written, I am not a morning person. I never have been and I never will be! :lmao: The fact that I was able to get up with no protest was a minor miracle. But that's because I was going to Disney this day!:woohoo:

I was able to get all of our work done quickly, and I was able to leave work at 2:45pm. I wanted to leave at 2pm, but you know what they say about the best laid plans. :rolleyes1

Mom had sent me an email earlier in the day saying that she had heard from someone that she works with that there were going to be protests at Milwaukee Airport. :scared1: I hopped online, and they were trying to organize an opt-out day. Meaning, if you were asked to do the body scan, you would refuse. Then if they wanted to search you, you would refuse. According to the article, they wanted to cause delays in the airports. I told my team that if they saw my face on the news, that means I was arrested because I got in a fight with a protestor! :scared: Nobody gets in the way of my getting to Disney!

Note to people wanting to protest this. The only people you hurt in the end are the travelers, not the airline. You would be preventing people from getting to their destination, which is rude and selfish. Okay, I'm done now! :mic:

I was able to arrive home at about 3:15, with the intent of finishing up the last minute packing. Mom was able to walk in the door at 3:40pm. I'm telling you, she must have been flying, because that was record time! Dad said he would drop us off. Originally we had planned on taking my car and parking, but with all of the potential delays they were talking about, we didn't want to take any chances. We were out the door at 4pm, and off to my grandma's house to say goodbye. This is a ritual of ours. She lives next door, and we always have to say our goodbyes to her. Disney World is her favorite place. My mom wants to take her back, but she is very nervous about going. She has very bad rheumatoid arthritis, and does not get around well at all. We basically do everything for her. I do wish to talk her into it soon though.

We hit the road, and my dad made the best time to Milwaukee. We were able to pull up to the airport at 4:40pm. Our flight was supposed to leave at 7:25pm, so we were glad to be there early. With all of the potential protests and the crowd levels that were predicted, I didn't want to feel like I was going to miss anything.

We had preboarded with Southwest, and got boarding group A24 and A25. This was our first flight on Southwest, so I wasn't entirely sure how this would work. Guess I would find out later! We got to the Southwest counter, checked in our (free! Love that!) luggage, and were on our way upstairs to security. :scared:

UP NEXT: How would security go? To scan, or not to scan.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter