Thanksgiving...2014

3fairies

Earning My Ears
After a wonderful visit in September 2013...just got the go ahead for thanksgiving 2014! We will renting a house and staying off site..which is the most economical for 10 people. We are driving so we will have our own transportation. Arriving the Friday before thanksgiving and leaving the Saturday after. We have done 2 trips in the past ..one on site..one off. Any tips u could give for surviving Thanksgiving week would be much appreciated!

We are also going Thanksgiving 2014. We survived Easter crowds and I've heard the beginning part of the week is not too bad. We've gone in early December before and I wanted to go back with all the holiday decorations up!

After a wonderful visit in September 2013...just got the go ahead for thanksgiving 2014! We will renting a house and staying off site..which is the most economical for 10 people. We are driving so we will have our own transportation. Arriving the Friday before thanksgiving and leaving the Saturday after. We have done 2 trips in the past ..one on site..one off. Any tips u could give for surviving Thanksgiving week would be much appreciated!

I went thanksgiving week last year and didn't think the crowds were terrible. We avoided MK on thanksgiving though. I would definitely do that - either visit another park or swim if it's warm enough. Have fun!

We went last year during thanksgiving week and had no problems what so ever.
We even spent thanksgiving day at MK and ate at BOG :)

Crowds did not start picking up till mid afternoon the saturday after thanksgiving.

We were quite surprised!

We went the day after Thanksgiving and stayed until the following Saturday. I thought the weekend after Thanksgiving was pretty crowded, but by Monday, it was perfect. Not a lot of people at all. It was a great week to be there!

I haven't been during Thanksgiving, but we are also planning a 2014 trip that week, so subbing to this thread. :goodvibes

For crowds in general, my advice would be to plan ahead and allow for maximum flexibility. Plan on doing rope drop each day and leaving the park once crowds pick up mid-day, then coming back later in the evening.

My biggest fear is fast pass + won't be available to us. We tested in September while staying at por ..and now I am spoiled. Oh well...guess we will have to wait and see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter