Thanksgiving 2007!!!

We are fist time Disney Cruisers but we are DVC (see my picture). Can I ask what the signifigance of being DVC is? Do we get anything special from DCL? We booked paying cash so I don't think they even know we are DVC - I am stressing now:scared1: ...too many questions in my head and I have no idea what to do with myself for the next 13 days til we leave CA.

I am also bummed because I am the Asst. Manager on my DS8's Baseball Team. We won the championship in the Spring, and now we have only lost 1 game in Winterball, and I just found out today that they changed the championship tournament and the final game will be on the 17th - the day we sail away. If we win, we will still get the trophy, but I wanted my DS to experience that winning feeling again (assuming we win it all again):sad1:

As DVC members, you will receive a magnet for your door and an invitation to a dvc member get together where lots of prizes (ie towels, bags, hats, lanyards, etc.) are given away. We have always booked without using points, but DVC seems to know we are on board!! :thumbsup2

Congrats regarding your DS's baseball team!! :thumbsup2 I've worried in the past when Mason (our DS) has missed a special event for a family vacation, but the memories he has of our trips are so very special as well that it seems worth it!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

With the resent bad weather/ rough seas I hope everyone has some sort of sea sick medicine to bring. This time of year even when there are no storms the first night out of port gets a little rough,on our 2005 T day cruise 75% of late dining left long before dessert was served:scared:

Rob

Rob, I had a similar thought this morning. I just picked up some this evening at WalMart.
Just in case...:rolleyes1
Melinda

With the resent bad weather/ rough seas I hope everyone has some sort of sea sick medicine to bring. This time of year even when there are no storms the first night out of port gets a little rough,on our 2005 T day cruise 75% of late dining left long before dessert was served:scared:

Rob

Very true!! We always take Bonine. Mason used to take children's dramamine, but this year I found children's bonine!! In 2005, AP was empty during our dinner time!! I was alone at our table with our friend's son. He and I were fine. I then went to check on Mason in the OC--and all of the kids were fine and dancing!! However, after the first evening, it was smooth sailing!! In fact, 2005 was the only year that we had such rough seas the first night.

Lisa

It just never seems to be the "perfect" time for a vacation. No matter when we book anything we end up missing something. Both my DD's play soccer. My oldest DD's last soccer game is Saturday 11-17. They're also tied for 1st place. She was upset to miss but she's also excited about the cruise. She's a little torn. Fortunately the younger DD finishes up this Saturday. :)
Melinda

Last call - I am sure Linda will be getting me the info she tried to send, but if anyone else wants to be joined into the late-seating soon to be about 12 reservation dinner link, please PM me or email me at Icelaw21@aol.com

I will need names and most importantly, reservation number(s). Groupings, ie family subgroupings, can also be arranged within the link (and have been done).

Although the first night of 2005 was the only time I felt the least bit queasy, we just start taking bonine before we get on the boat - it always pays to be safe (and after sitting on the balcony for an hour or so, I ordered room service).

Normally I get my exercise, as I like to stay fit, on the boat by always taking the stairs and playing several hours of castaway cay volleyball (we have closed the beach on more than one occasion, ie been last ones off), this year there will be a new way to add to the exercise repertoire - delivering FE products. That's right, I have taken the list last posted on page 144 and which will presumably be further updated, especially from Linda and the mini-navigators, and determined that we are well spread out on decks 2, 5, 6 and 7 (I thought i read the one family on deck 1 had been upgraded). Given that 3 laps on deck 4 is about a mile, going the length of the ship on both sides of each of these 4 decks will burn many calories.

And why would I broach this subject...well there is a large box from the Oriental Trading Company coming our way by 2 day mail containing the many items that Lisa has ordered, but I am certain I will be delivering LOL, for the FE's in the group...and this was after she "deleted" much more....although on a serious note, OTC is the place to buy the stuff like this in bulk w/out breaking the wallet (ok, w/out breaking the wallet too badly anyway). Suffice it to say, we will have plenty of stuff for the FE participation.

Chuck:cool1:

good morning everyone wow things are moving along postal deliverys for the fish extenders , the tee shirts are on there way, wow in 2 weeks from right now mickey will be calling you all to say good morning... and the excitment mounts ............

Rob

Rob, any suggestions? I had never gotten sea sick until last March on an RCCL cruise. The ship didn't have stabilizers, and I was hoping that was the problem, however, now I'm getting a little worried. Most meds that make people drowsy have the opposite effect on me, and I hate that wired/hyper feeling.

Debbie

Very true!! We always take Bonine. Mason used to take children's dramamine, but this year I found children's bonine!! In 2005, AP was empty during our dinner time!! I was alone at our table with our friend's son. He and I were fine. I then went to check on Mason in the OC--and all of the kids were fine and dancing!! However, after the first evening, it was smooth sailing!! In fact, 2005 was the only year that we had such rough seas the first night.

Lisa

Lisa, doesn't Bonine warn against alcohol consumption on the label? I can't remember. I have a perscription for patches, but I don't know about those, either. Help!

Debbie

Lisa, doesn't Bonine warn against alcohol consumption on the label? I can't remember. I have a perscription for patches, but I don't know about those, either. Help!

Debbie

We have taken Bonine on every DCL cruise since 2004. We take 1 tablet each day (24 hour formula) and have so far not had a problem consuming alcohol while taking bonine!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

Lisa

Did everyone remember to set their clocks back 1 hour? We set all of our clocks last night. However, our DS Mason who usually wakes up every morning at 6:30 am due to his internal clock, woke up at 5:30 am today!! :confused:

By the way, on the cruise, he loves the wake up calls by the Chief Mouse--Mickey!!

Lisa

When I read about sea sickness, I get worried because my sister gets sea sick and tends to not enjoy cruising, even with medication. My DW and I have been on 4 or 5 cruises and no troubles for either of us, however, my kids have never been. We did go snorkelling our to Molokini on Maui last year, where we had to take a boat out there. On the way back, my kids were on the front of the boat on the walkways that extended out past the bow. They loved being up there becuase the boat was bobbing up and down with the swells. I am assuming that means they don't get sea sick, since the cruise ships don't tend to move that dramatically. Any one think I may run into any trouble with them getting sick?:confused3

I am going to work on loading a few graphics for Door Signs and so on today.. We are getting closer to 3000 with every post.

:cool1:

160914th_cruiseportholes-thumb.jpg

So sorry to ask (I know it's been asked before, but) could we see a list of those (and room numbers) participating in the fish extenders? I'm going to shop for the 'surprises' today and need an estimate as to how much to buy. (I already know what we're giving.:) )

Thanks!
Priscilla

p.s. I'll make a copy of the post and it'll be the first item we pack.:thumbsup2

PASSPORTER

I think Chuck and Lisa mentioned on an earlier post that the Passport Book, Passports Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and its Port of Call was a good book. I wan't to agree with them... I have now finished the book and checked out the website... It was very worthwhile..... Lots of good ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter