Thanksgiving 2007!!!

Just a comment for those who will be on their first cruise - please remember to enjoy it. Sounds sarcastic - not really when you consider just how much there is to do as can be read from those Navigators.

The reality is that you cannot do it all, there are overlapping and simultaneous activities and you CAN drive yourself nuts trying to do it all. We had some friends 3 years ago who initially tried to do too much and succeeded in wearing themselves out quickly.

As Florida residents who enjoy Premium annual passholdesrstatus, we often see the same thing in the parks. Too many times we see what appear to be people who are intent on getting every last bit of entertainment out of their hard earned dollar by running themselves ragged from rope drop to the fireworks. While there is an advantage to being able to come and go to avoid crowds w/the annual passes as we only pay once per year no matter what the usage, it is still important to remember to enjoy yourselves.

Thus, enjoy reading those Navigators and hopefully some of the activities you anticipate enjoying the most won't conflict w/one another or leave you w/no time to relax and enjoy your vacation. And remember, you can always rebook online and get your 10% discount and onboard credit, even if you ultimately change your sailing date, so you can have another shot do to those avtivities you could not squeeze in this time.

Chuck:cool1:

Just a comment for those who will be on their first cruise - please remember to enjoy it. Sounds sarcastic - not really when you consider just how much there is to do as can be read from those Navigators.

The reality is that you cannot do it all, there are overlapping and simultaneous activities and you CAN drive yourself nuts trying to do it all. We had some friends 3 years ago who initially tried to do too much and succeeded in wearing themselves out quickly.

As Florida residents who enjoy Premium annual passholdesrstatus, we often see the same thing in the parks. Too many times we see what appear to be people who are intent on getting every last bit of entertainment out of their hard earned dollar by running themselves ragged from rope drop to the fireworks. While there is an advantage to being able to come and go to avoid crowds w/the annual passes as we only pay once per year no matter what the usage, it is still important to remember to enjoy yourselves.

Thus, enjoy reading those Navigators and hopefully some of the activities you anticipate enjoying the most won't conflict w/one another or leave you w/no time to relax and enjoy your vacation. And remember, you can always rebook online and get your 10% discount and onboard credit, even if you ultimately change your sailing date, so you can have another shot do to those avtivities you could not squeeze in this time.

Great advice to all of us. Even though it is our 3rd DCL cruise I must remember that I need to just sit back and enjoy the time with my family (and that I don't need to take pics of everything I see.) I think on the first cruise I saw the cruise through the digital camera. Not this time :goodvibes

Thanks for the reminder Chuck. I am usually a commando vacationer, but I am trying to tone it back some. When the excursions opened up, I booked something in every port, and even tried to book multiple things in the same day (some private and some through DCL). I then decided that I just had to pick and choose what we wanted to do. So for Key West, we are just doing the Trolley tour (I bought my tickets on line because through DCL we can not get on and off the trolley), and we will just look around for a few hours and then head back to the boat. For Cayman we booked a private boat for the 5 of us that will take us to Stingray City, the Reef, Starfish Beach, Rum Point and Kaibo (5 hour tour). This is our big thing for the whole cruise. In Cozumel, we are just going to go to Paradise Beach on our own and hang at the beach for a few hours or for the day, whatever we feel like. For CC we have no plans at all except to relax on the beach. My DW and DS16 are going to rent wave runners, and I will stay with the little ones. That's about it for us - which may seem like a lot of plans, but you should have seen what I had originally booked:scared1: , you would have definitely been scared!!!

i looked on e bay tonight and looked every way i could think of for these fish extenders that i have heard about and i finally found it..... its actually listed as new mickey mouse pink storage bag/shoe rack if you look under all the things the person is selling she has green mickey and pink mickey as well as pooh in green and i think it was yellow

Thanks Chuck for reminding me that it is a vacation. I just want my kids to see that there are so many activities that they won't get bored.:rolleyes1 And I'm planning on being by a pool when we're at sea with the drink of the day. :) And we,too, aren't planning any heavy duty excursions in Key West, we're getting tickets for the trolley on our own, so we can come and go as we want.
Does anyone play BINGO on the ship? I think that would be fun.:) Melinda

P.S. Does the pool ever close?

Melinda, I don't know about the adult pool, but the family pool and Mickey pool both are closed up at some point each night.

I'm not sure what I'm doing about the Trolley Tour yet. The guys are going parasailing, and the girls are going to the Butterfly Conservatory in KW. I'd love to take the trolley around, but here are my questions:

If the Magic doesn't get into port until around noon, and our other activities last a few hours in the afternoon, will we be able to get much use out of the trolley tour? I thought I read that trolley service ends at 4:30???

OK...here's my secret...don't go commando because then you can convince your DH or DW that you have to go back because you didn't get it all done last time.

In ~20+ trips to WDW we still haven't done it all. Can't imagine it will be any different with a cruise :rolleyes1 ! This may sound crazy...but one of my very favorite things to do on the cruise is admire the various blues of the water! We've been lots of places but I've never seen water so blue (not even in Hawaii!).

Can't wait!

Karen

! This may sound crazy...but one of my very favorite things to do on the cruise is admire the various blues of the water! We've been lots of places but I've never seen water so blue (not even in Hawaii!).

Can't wait!

Karen[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I love my cruise but over all give me Hawaii :thumbsup2 or any where in the south Pacific.

Rob

Hey Guys, I just booked Nov 1 2008 Western Magic!! :cool1: DW is not sure as Zach will only be 3. Hey, that is why the inlaws are comming!

Thanks Chuck for reminding me that it is a vacation. I just want my kids to see that there are so many activities that they won't get bored.:rolleyes1 And I'm planning on being by a pool when we're at sea with the drink of the day. :) And we,too, aren't planning any heavy duty excursions in Key West, we're getting tickets for the trolley on our own, so we can come and go as we want.
Does anyone play BINGO on the ship? I think that would be fun.:) Melinda

P.S. Does the pool ever close?

Melinda:

We love Bingo... My DD age 8 loves to help... We were actually winners on in 2005 and won over $200... It was lot of fun.

Wendy

What about t-shirts?

I can't remember where in these posts (or if I dreamt it) I saw someone working on a t-shirt design?

We had 'Turkey Day' t-shirts sailing for our 05 cruise (I think 97 was the final count!) We were a 'sea of lime green' at the sailaway party!

I think (as fellow cruiser WMILLER86 stated) t-shirts build a camaraderie. I could look into it. What does everyone else think?

Priscilla

Priscilla:

We would be in for the T-Shirts..... On a previous cruise we didn't have time to have shirts printed so we bought blank Lime Green Shirts at Walmart ( Hanes Brand).

If we would want to have printed just let us know and we are in.

Thanks

Wendy

Well, as can be seen from our signature, this will be our 4th Disney cruise and we probably visit the parks 4-5 times per year on average - we also have DVC points. And, we got married at the wedding pavillion, so we are frequent visitors, but, for us, it is only a 3 hour drive.

That said, we are relaxing in KW, probably heading to Sloppy Joe's w/our refillable mugs from a prior visit and likely leaving DS8 on the boat. In Cayman, we are doing the island tour and stingray city combo and hopefully will have time left for lunch at a Friday's style, but much better, restaurant a couple blocks left of the pier as you face the town. Also Kirk's (did I remember the name correctly?) now has an "outlet" a couple blocks farther left of the restaurant which last time had some very nice items significantly reduced. DS8 coming this time.

For Mexico, we are headed to Xacret w/out DS8 as there is only so much shopping we can do for the same items again. The town square about 6 blocks left of the dock has a nice shopping area so long as you dont mind a flea market type atmosphere.

For CC, we will drop Mason at the kid's club (Scuttles Cove)and head past the first. and most crowded area out to the hammocks' area more or less in front of the hair braiding store. - That way, I can get my volley ball fix and it is a good bit less congested. (I am 6'8" btw).

Each trip we try a couple different things on the boat and try to take part in some of the adventures for which Lampy posted pictures. Although not in those pictures, I am in plenty of related ones.

Anyway, we just try to have fun and relax and that is what we plan on doing again.

i would love the tee shirt idea how do you all do that ?? i think its a great idea that we all have the same tee shirts, just not too sure how you guys do this but how ever its done i would love to get the t shirts for all of my family
gina

I'm very interested in the shirts also. How cool to know everyone we've been "talking" to just by seeing their shirts. :yay: Melinda

I'm not having much luck with the t-shirts.:sad2:

I've found a couple of websites, but (I know this is crazy) am having technical probs w/the design. I might just try to go into Dallas and see if I can speak to someone in person, take a picture, and post it here. I've since lost contact w/the DISer who did our 2005 t-shirts.

Priscilla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter