Thanksgiving 2007!!!

Hey Chuck, my DD Erin asked me to drop in here and tell you that she made the "A" team in 7th grade volleyball. She told the coach that she has played beach VB with a guy who is 6'9" at Castaway Cay before.:woohoo:

I wish you guys the very best trip of the year at Thanksgiving. I wish we were still sailing, but our WDW / Universal family trip is set in stone now. Looks like they will all be coming after all. To those of you that will be sailing the Magic at Thanksgiving for the first time, you are in for a REAL treat. The Christmas decorations everywhere are fantastic. Even CC is decorated. And of course that Disney "magic" is everywhere. You won't be disappointed.

So, I've been reading on the Boards (....bad Karen...Step 1. admit that I am a disboards addict....) about door magnets, fish extenders and meets. Since this is "the most fun, dynamic and diverse group of cruisers on the board" (many of whom are not DCL newbies like me), I'm wondering, do you all decorate your doors, have/bring fish extenders and do a meet:confused3 ?

Just wondering thats all....:rolleyes1...want to be sure I'm prepared!

Karen

I decorated my doors on our last cruise, and it was a lot of fun! It was also helpful in locating your room. :) I printed out a few signs and laminated them, and then attached magnetic tape to the back.

I've read about the fish extenders on the DIS, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do that or not.

I'd love to have a meet or two on board so we can all recognize each other during the week. I know some of us like to get to the port early, so we should set up a casual meet at that time. :thumbsup2

Hey Chuck, my DD Erin asked me to drop in here and tell you that she made the "A" team in 7th grade volleyball. She told the coach that she has played beach VB with a guy who is 6'9" at Castaway Cay before.:woohoo:

I wish you guys the very best trip of the year at Thanksgiving. I wish we were still sailing, but our WDW / Universal family trip is set in stone now. Looks like they will all be coming after all. To those of you that will be sailing the Magic at Thanksgiving for the first time, you are in for a REAL treat. The Christmas decorations everywhere are fantastic. Even CC is decorated. And of course that Disney "magic" is everywhere. You won't be disappointed.

Hi Willie-

I will pass your message on to Chuck!! :thumbsup2 He's bummed that we will be at CC only 1 day this year--he loves to play volleyball on the island!! :thumbsup2

Chuck is at a coach's meeting--he's coaching Mason's team in soccer this fall.

We will miss you and your family on the cruise!! However, I'm sure you will have a wonderful family vacation in Orlando!! :thumbsup2

Lisa

So, I've been reading on the Boards (....bad Karen...Step 1. admit that I am a disboards addict....) about door magnets, fish extenders and meets. Since this is "the most fun, dynamic and diverse group of cruisers on the board" (many of whom are not DCL newbies like me), I'm wondering, do you all decorate your doors, have/bring fish extenders and do a meet:confused3 ?

Just wondering thats all....:rolleyes1...want to be sure I'm prepared!

Karen

Karen-

Door magnets are a great way to find your room!! You will see plenty on the cruise w/ names, special occassions, pictures, etc. Dis meets are also great!! :thumbsup2 That way you know who everyone is. In the past, we have attended Dis meets just prior to the sailaway party. Anyone w/ any suggestions for this year...please suggest!!!

I have never heard of fish extenders and this will be our 4th Magic cruise. What are fish extenders?:confused3

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

There's something posted on the boards about Fish Extenders...apparently they are a fabric thing with 3 to 5 pouches that hang from the fish outside your door....people put mail and other trinkets in them apparently. I'll see if I can find the posts about them.

I'm with you.....:confused3

Karen

O.K. everyone......take a deep breath......Lampy is officially "in the house"!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: Just switched the ressies from the eastern sailing to your.......oppppsss.......OURS!!!!!! Kim told me this morning Alli is scheduled for 2 BIG "A.P." :confused3 tests for the wekk after Thanksgiving....there is NO WAY she would want to make them up later.....sooooooooooooo officially stateroom #'s 6138 and 6143 is the Lampy family!!!!!!!! We've NEVER done a navigator but that was all that was left with rooms across the hall.......

O.K. everyone......take a deep breath......Lampy is officially "in the house"!!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo: Just switched the ressies from the eastern sailing to your.......oppppsss.......OURS!!!!!! Kim told me this morning Alli is scheduled for 2 BIG "A.P." :confused3 tests for the wekk after Thanksgiving....there is NO WAY she would want to make them up later.....sooooooooooooo officially stateroom #'s 6138 and 6143 is the Lampy family!!!!!!!! We've NEVER done a navigator but that was all that was left with rooms across the hall.......

Lampy now you will have to break the news carefully to brother Willie, I don't think he will take this as good news:mad:

Help me get this post moving:banana:

Rob

Get the Miller Lite ready!:banana:

For those of you who are first-time Thanksgiving Magic cruisers (this is only our 2nd 'Turkey' cruise,) Lampy is more or less the official 'party animal' of the Thanksgiving cruisers. Ron, it's time to post some photos so everyone else can see what I'm talking about!:rotfl:

Anyway, that's great! (Were Tonya and Trey on your Eastern sailing also? If, so, tell them to come join everyone here!)

Priscilla

Get the Miller Lite ready!:banana:

For those of you who are first-time Thanksgiving Magic cruisers (this is only our 2nd 'Turkey' cruise,) Lampy is more or less the official 'party animal' of the Thanksgiving cruisers. Ron, it's time to post some photos so everyone else can see what I'm talking about!:rotfl:

Anyway, that's great! (Were Tonya and Trey on your Eastern sailing also? If, so, tell them to come join everyone here!)

Priscilla

Ya, they were but they weren't on the boards much......

O.K.......Me and Willie fighting for last lite in 04 at CC

CCMillerLite.jpg

A little "tamer" Lampy with Kim at CC with BOTH ships.....remember 05?

DISNEY05134.jpg

How was last year without "Ron Bon Jovi"? Any volunteers this year???? No Doogie and Willie from the 04 and 05 Ron Bons....

f141bb17.jpg

Disney04084.jpg

Disney04087.jpg

Disney04090.jpg

Disney04086.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter