Thanks, VMK! MY DREAM EARS HAVE NO VALUE!!

Why do you all care how much value your dream ears have?!? Dream ears were intended to be gifts, not trade fodder. Just because you can trade them doesn't mean they should be traded.

Maybe I'm just delusional :confused3

Actually, this is kinda like how Dream Ears are supposed to be given... It's a SURPRISE...

Hmmm, wonder how many trades went down the drain today?:lmao:
Well I just gave away my first pair. (Don't shoot me!);)
Kim

Wow coaster, sorry about that, you've had a very rough 4 days I can see. :sad2: :sad2: :sad1: :sad1:

I wasn't around for Dreams Month, and they are my favorite ears, so I'm kinda
happy, but the people who completed the big quest once again have the greater
advantage.. So unfair.

I gave my Dream Ears away to someone who missed it so if anyone is so upset about it that they want to throw an extra pair of ears my way....I promise to catch them before they hit the ground! ;)

Why do you all care how much value your dream ears have?!? Dream ears were intended to be gifts, not trade fodder. Just because you can trade them doesn't mean they should be traded.

Maybe I'm just delusional :confused3

Not sure if this was directed towards me or not, but in case it was.......
My dream ears do not have value. They have special meaning. They were a gift to me from Host_Hula and I cherish them dearly due to that reason. They were special and unique to a month that was dedicated to making dreams come true.

VMK has tarnished that "specialness" of them by throwing them in the cracker barrel mix with random junk. By putting them in TDM, they have taken a special item that actually had some meaning and turned it into a common-place, soon to be nothing-special item.

Not what I would call a Dream.

Just my opinion:

If you worked really hard to acquire the dream ears (in dreams month, trade, or if they were a special gift), then you should always consider them an item of value. Some virtual items I treasure the most have more sentimental value then trade value. Some were items I worked really hard to earn, like the first green car pin. Others were gifts from friends. A few were from trades. Don't let mere trade value dictate how much you treasure an item. Look a bit deeper.

Far beyond any in game virtual item, I treasure my VMK friendships the most.
Yeah, dreams ears are an easy reminder of all the time you probably spent with friends waiting for those hosts to come.

I'm happy they've been released again. During Dreams month just about everyone was begging for the items to be rereleased. And here's part of them. And I'm sure you would rather them be released like this than in shops, right?

Not sure if this was directed towards me or not, but in case it was.......
My dream ears do not have value. They have special meaning. They were a gift to me from Host_Hula and I cherish them dearly due to that reason. They were special and unique to a month that was dedicated to making dreams come true.

VMK has tarnished that "specialness" of them by throwing them in the cracker barrel mix with random junk. By putting them in TDM, they have taken a special item that actually had some meaning and turned it into a common-place, soon to be nothing-special item.

Not what I would call a Dream.

My comment wasn't directed specifically toward you and I apologize for making it seem that way. It was just directed at the point of the thread in general. However, I see your point and I'm sure you aren't the only one to feel that way. On the other hand, there are some (and I'm generalizing. Not pointing fingers at anyone) who I'm sure are feeling upset about this because of the actual trade value of the ears.

I always had trouble with the dream ears being so difficult for ppl to get. I felt so very sad for people that were not lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and never did get them. So many disappointed kids, and adults. Don't you all remember how heartbreaking it was?! I remember how good it was that the hosts tried to gift to friends if you were in a room they visited and had already got them. And now some of the people who never did get those ears are finally going to get them. I am can't help but be very glad. I'm sorry if some are upset because they have been hording them for trade value. However, I guess I do understand the point made of the crackerjack prize making it feel like they are of less of a special item. But it will never devalue YOUR ears. They are cute. Players should be able to get them.

My dream ears will always be valuable to me as they were given to me by my Miss Pele. They were a gift. Gifts are the most valuable things of all. I have never traded any of the pairs of ears i received that month. All given away. Any i received in a trade or w/e were also given away.
:)

My dream ears will always be valuable to me as they were given to me by my Miss Pele. They were a gift. Gifts are the most valuable things of all. I have never traded any of the pairs of ears i received that month. All given away. Any i received in a trade or w/e were also given away.
:)

this is the way I see it also. If you thought of your ears as special because they were a gift from a host, that doesnt have to change because the ears are available. It doesnt change the fact that they were given to you in a special way.

People who get them from TDM won't have that fond mmemory many of us have.

Just my opinion:

If you worked really hard to acquire the dream ears (in dreams month, trade, or if they were a special gift), then you should always consider them an item of value. Some virtual items I treasure the most have more sentimental value then trade value. Some were items I worked really hard to earn, like the first green car pin. Others were gifts from friends. A few were from trades. Don't let mere trade value dictate how much you treasure an item. Look a bit deeper.

Far beyond any in game virtual item, I treasure my VMK friendships the most.

I totally agree. The items that have been given to me, rare or not I will never ever trade or give away.They are very precious.

this is the way I see it also. If you thought of your ears as special because they were a gift from a host, that doesnt have to change because the ears are available. It doesnt change the fact that they were given to you in a special way.

People who get them from TDM won't have that fond mmemory many of us have.
That's what I was going to try and say, but I couldn't think of the way to word it.

Ok, now I'm getting angry. My rare dream ears now have NO VALUE WHATSOEVER! They are obtainable from single use TDM! Let's just hope they don't release any more Single Use TDMs:mad:

I know! I'm so angry about that too! I had some dreams ears for one moment and they were so RARE and then the next thing I know, they're obtainable from the TDM! I was like Wa?! :eek:

Sigh... VMK has been selling all our rare stuff. Do they just wake up in the morning and say, "Hmm.. I'll think I"ll ruin people's lives by selling magic and dreams ears today..."
I'm thinking they plan this lol.

Hopefully nothing else we cherish will be sold. I appreciate all the wonderful things VMK has brought me, but they need a limit. We worked hard to get all these rare hats and what-not. Now we have guests coming in to VMK and being able to buy all this rare stuff. We didn't get it that easy.. why should they?

**Sigh** I'm praying for a lighter day.
--> Faye-Marie :scared:

I won two dream ears today with TDM as well as two bamboo walls, extra credits, single use inferno and one cool yellow spaceship chair. I will keep an ear because they are so pretty and I didn't get anything at all for dreams month. I have already given the other ear away.

The other day a player offered me the moon for my witch's hat but I will never trade it because it was given to me as a surprise by someone I didn't know when I first started and had nothing. I will always treasure it. If everybody shows up tomorrow wearing witch's hats I will still totally love my little peaked cap!

Do they just wake up in the morning and say, "Hmm.. I'll think I"ll ruin people's lives by selling magic and dreams ears today..." I'm thinking they plan this lol.

I actually think they wake up in the morning and say, "I think I will give more people magical dreams." This is the "Year of a Million Dreams".

Who knows, they may rotate the TDM prized every week or month. I personally am very happy when they are reselling rare items. Many were upset because inferno was being sold in DMR. I believe everyone should be given an opportunity to get items and not have to trade to get them. After all thats the way most of us got the items in the first place.

My dreams ears will also always be valuable because of the way I discovered they were in my inventory at the begin of the month of October, I never knew how they happened to be there but seeing them was so awesome. I think I am going to gift the dreams ears I will find with my full use TDM magic to those who never managed to end the quest if they dont have them.

I wasn't playing much Dreams month, but my PrincessWendyBird tried her best to be around VMK as much as possible to try to get dream ears for our two children.

Never got them Dreams month. A little disappointing, but oh well.

Last month, we traded multiple magics (some retired) to pick up a pair for each of us and our children.

Got a pair of dream ears with TDM today. I'm sure we'll get more. We were fortunate enough (with much help from friends) to get through Blackheart's quest so I'm sure we'll get more.

Someone stopped by my daughter's room tonight who didn't finish the quest, and who didn't have a pair of dream ears. I gave them away. I will give away more.

This is The Year of a Million Dreams. Why should the "Virtual" Kingdom be any different.

Funny thing, these were the only rare item that I owned. Oh well, another virtual kick in the stomach by VMK. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter