Thanks to all for advice on NYC - minitrip report & pix!

w8ting4pooh

Commando planner
Thanks to all the tips that were provided this week. We had a wonderful time! We drove to Liberty Park & took the ferry to Pier 11. We chose that route so that we could see the Statue of Liberty. We got to NYC at 10:15 am. It was an hour longer than we thought it would take due to traffic and just missing the 9:30 ferry by 60 seconds!

Once we got off the ferry, we asked someone how to get to Times Square. She told us to take the subway. Yikes! Never been/never wanted to! I'm terrified of the thought! Despite my absolute fear, we did it. We were totally tourists too! We had to ask the lady in the ticket booth how to pay, where to go. Once we got down to the tracks, we had NO IDEA which train to get on. While a train was loading, I asked someone on the train if this was the right train to get to Times Square. It was so we all hopped on. Everyone else was in the commuter mode and my kids were all smiles and happy as clams. I was a nervous wreck the whole time.

We had a great day! We shopped! We went to Times Square, Toys R Us
nycsmall0008.jpg
, American Girl, Pokemon store, Saks, Macy's, NBC, Rockefeller Plaza, and the top of the Empire State Building!
nycsmall0004.jpg

nycsmall0006.jpg

nycsmall0005.jpg
nycsmall0009.jpg

Sounds like a great trip!! DH and I "toured" NYC the same way 10 years ago. We actually got lost in rather a bad part of the city too:earseek: but it was so much fun!! Glad your family got to experience it!

But wait, there's more. LOL.

While my DD went on her audition, DH took the boys to Central Park. The boys were ecstatic to see a Trump building. They were so addicted to the Apprentice.

Our DD did well at the audition.
nycsmall0002.jpg

She made it thru all the cuts so now we wait to find out if she's doing the show again. *fingers crossed*
nycsmall0001.jpg

nycsmall0003.jpg

nycsmall0011.jpg

We took a cab from Herald Square back to Pier 11. The next boat wasn't for 50 minutes! So we just sat and waited. The boys played Gameboys and I read the paper. Just before the boat arrived, it started pouring! We couldn't take the pictures of NYC at night like I had hoped because the rain was running down the windows of the boat. We got on the 8:50 pm boat and we were home by midnight! My DH had to talk to me the whole way home because I was falling asleep!

Good luck to your dd!

Brittany & I have seen the Christmas show twice and have tickets for it this December!

Love the show!

Sounds like a fun trip! Break a leg to your daughter!!!! BTW what did you think of the TRU? I have seen it in training videos, and it looks way cool, also what is this about a Pokemon store??? Details on that one please!

w8ting4pooh - you've never taken the subway until you've taken it from Times Square to the Bronx - Yankee Stadium - on game day. YIKES!! hehehe

what show was your DD going out for? congrats to her though! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter