Thanks, Mickey! You Did It!! LAST DAY - 6/2/07 w/pictures!

DisneyDadFaNaTic

How Do I Buy a House on Main Street?
Well, here we are! We made it back safely and most importantly mentally refreshed (wiped out physically!!!). It is a wonder what a week at WDW can do for you! We hated getting back to “real” life, but I don’t think I could have taken any more walking. Every year when we get back we say we are going to get a pedometer to see how far we walk each day, but of course we always forget to get one. I’ll bet we cover about 20 miles plus per day! Next year we pack the ben-gay or icy-hot to take care of the pains!!

Everything went great (except for Memorial Day – it wasn’t a bad day just very crowded, but I’ll get to that!). Nicolas seemed to have the time of his life! Parks during the day, swimming at night - what else could a kid ask for!

So buckle your seat belts and pull the yellow strip to prove to me they are buckled. Keep hands and feet inside the ride at all times. AND NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!

Cause here we go!

Saturday, May 26

We had a 12:00pm flight out of Nashville which is about two hours from where we live. We woke up early and finished the packing. Four suitcases for 3 people (not including carry-ons) not to shabby!

36552vacation07-0011-med.JPG

We left the house at 7:30 and arrived at the airport around 10:00. We made our annual stop at the newsstand there at the airport and loaded up on serious reading material (US weekly, People, Entertainment, etc.). Nicolas had me set his watch forward before we left the house which made for some interesting conversations until we got to Florida (they are an hour ahead of us). “What time will we be there?” “10:00”. “But it’s ten o’clock now.” “Ten o’clock OUR time”. “Oh”. “What time will we be there?” (SIGH).

We loaded up around 12:00 and began preparing for take-off. Angie and Nicolas had seats toward the middle of the plane. I had a seat in the very last row. I’m looking out the window watching them load the luggage and I notice that OUR luggage is sitting by the conveyor belt and NOT being loaded. That gave me some tense moments until they actually loaded our luggage! Nicolas was afraid during the flight that the plane was going to fly right off into space! My seat was just lovely. I had the restroom on my right and here is the view out the window on my left.

36552vacation07-008-med.JPG

Yep, that’s the engine! Loud and smelly, just how I like my flights!

Beautiful clouds while we were in the air though.

36552vacation07-0051-med.JPG

We arrived in Orlando ten minutes ahead of schedule (2:47 pm) and went straight down to the Magical Express desk (downstairs next to the rental car agencies). We got our tickets for the bus and did the red carpet right on to our bus with no wait! In moments we were on our way to the Caribbean Beach Resort (which funny enough our driver called Caribbean Beach CLUB, I guess they decided to combine a couple of hotels!). We checked in with minimal wait and found out we were staying in Jamaica in room 4654!

36552vacation07-032-med.JPG

The good part about Jamaica is that it is a short trip across Caribbean Cay Island bridge to Old Port Royale (where the food courts and good pool are). We stopped by the room to check it out (nope, no luggage yet, but we didn’t expect it either) and headed to the food court to get some food!

36552vacation07-0431-med.JPG

We ate at Shutters around 5:00pm (very good food). I had the Coconut Shrimp and Pork Ribs, Angie had the Salad and the Steak, and Nicolas had the Soup and the Mac and Cheese.

Sorry to disappoint some of you but I REFUSE to take pictures of my food unless there is something unique about it. Besides, when the food arrives I’m focused on eating it, not focused on focusing my photo on it.

Anyway, we picked up milk and doughnuts for the mornings and dropped it off in our room and headed for the Magic Kingdom!

36552vacation07-0471-med.JPG

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SIGHT! It was like being home!

Had to stop by and check on my Indian nemesis and we decided to make up briefly.

36552vacation07-051-med.JPG

(No, I didn’t ACTUALLY kiss him, no telling where his cheeks have been!)

Stopped by to give Nicolas the chance to see if he was the next king.

36552vacation07-056-med.JPG

No luck with the sword, but it looks like some princesses are interested.

Headed over to Small World (which DS loves). Hardly waited at all before getting right on to the ride.

36552vacation07-0591-med.JPG

Ran over to Splash Mountain and snagged some Fast Passes then went to Big Thunder Mountain railroad to ride. The line was long, but we decided to go ahead and wait since we really didn’t have a detailed plan for the evening.

36552vacation07-0631-med.JPG

It only took us about 20 minutes to get on even though the sign outside said 40 minutes. We found this to be a pretty consistent theme for the week (except for Memorial Day). Wait times were almost always half the advertised time.

We ran over to Pirates to check out the “new” ride. We had missed the opening of this ride last year by less than a week so we were really looking forward to seeing the updates.

36552vacation07-0691-med.JPG

Loved the ride! Those Jack Sparrow ani-dudes are really realistic looking! In the gift shop after the ride we had to get a picture of Nicolas with the huge hat and maracas.

36552vacation07-0801-med.JPG

It was time for our FPs for Splash Mountain so we headed there.

36552vacation07-081-med.JPG

We LOVE this ride and for the first time in a couple of years almost everything was working. The voices of the birds you hear while on the outside portion of the ride were still messed up a little and the jumping water room still had some major leaks but at least the one big jumping stream that flies over your boat was working!

We got off of Splash and headed straight for the castle to see “Wishes”.

36552vacation07-618-med.JPG

It was awesome as usual though I normally like to watch it from Main Street. It was neat seeing how many people came to watch the show everytime a bright fire work went off!

From there we headed over to Buzz (no wait) where Nicolas scored 2500, Roy scored 235,000, and Angie scored 736,000! She doesn’t even know what she hit to get that. There is something between rooms 1 and 2 that is a MAJOR hit (and I mean a lot more than the back of the robot’s hand!).

36552vacation07-103-med.JPG

Nicolas worked out his differences with Emperor Zurg and we headed out to catch a seat for the 11:00 performance of Spectro. Sorry, no good pictures came out for this one. My digital camera doesn’t have the equivalent of fast speed film.

We decided to call it a night and headed to the bus stop. We had a couple of handicap people on our bus but after our bus driver loaded them he couldn’t figure out how to get the bus leveled back from the hydraulic system. He worked on that for twenty minutes before he figured it out. It is one of those things thats aggravating while they happen, but kind of funny when you look back on it later. It would end up being sort of a theme for the week, the buses not exactly working as planned, but that is a story for another day! It took us nearly an hour to get from our bus stop back to CBR and we were on the first bus that came.

We got in bed at 1:00am.

Coming up Day Two and Disney-MGM Studios!

I really like this TR. It has lots of really good pictures. :) I'm looking forward to reading lots more!

To bed at 1am on arrival day?? No wonder you're exhausted!!

It's hard to resist the pull of the Magic Kingdom, though!

Looking forward to more,

Kathy

YAY you are back!!! Great start to your Trippie! Once I saw the picture of COnderall's castle and Main Street I "sighed and wished I was there looking" What a great sight! Can't wait to read more and hear about Memorial Day. You got me hooked once again! popcorn::

Welcome back and can't wait to hear about it all!!!

YAY!!!:yay: You're back. Great start. I can't wait to hear more about it. I love all the pictures and I'm very intrested to hear about Memorial day.:confused:

Yay, you're back, Welcome home! Looking forward to your next installment although this did scare me
Nicolas was afraid during the flight that the plane was going to fly right off into space!
:scared1:! What an imagination :goodvibes !

More please!

Thanks everyone for all the great comments! I will be back with another installment very soon! Including the Missing Duck caper and the Mission to Devour the Kitchen Sink! Thanks for reading!

Grrrrrreat so far!!! (ya know...like Tony the Tiger!!);)

loves the pictures too. what kind of camera do you use?

Great trip report so far! I love the pictures, keep them coming! Nicholas looks like he's having a blast! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to reading more!

Welcome back!!!
:wave2:
Just found your TR and all of the fantastic photos! I had to go back and read your pre-tippie (I don't know how I missed it!?:confused3) Now that I have, I can't wait to hear more. Thanks for sharing!

Happy you found your way home. I can't believe how much you did on your arrival day! You must have been exhausted! :eek:

I haven't forgotten you! We have a service project going on with my Church this week and I'm out working most hours of the day (and night!). I'll be back with day 2 real soon!

Thanks for your patience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter