• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks for the memories.......

MaryKatesMom

DIS Veteran
2002 I ordered a bagel and cream cheese from BC room service for breakfast for myself. My DD's had never had one before (they were too young and I always have a hard time getting anything new past them) and because it was mine they wanted to eat it. So we did. Sitting on the balcony overlooking some woods. Now it is in our after school snack rotation but that was their first bagel ever.

Just one of my food/WDW memories.

What is yours?

Good post!!! One of my favorites was one night coming home from DHS (then MGM) and the kids were exhausted. We had ADRs to somewhere but they were too tired to go. They were 12 and 7 - we set them up with food from the Capt. Cooks and movies in the room and DH and I went to Ohanas. It was late so they took us in. We kept calling with our walkie talkies - my DH and I had the best time together and a moment alone - priceless.

Mine is just the opposite of it being just my husband and I, but it's not food related. Actually, I have 2 memories. The first one was when we went to Festival of the Lion King, and a CM told us to split up and sit some of our family on one bench of the bleacher and some of us one bench below. I was upset at first because I wanted us to all sit together. She just said "Trust me, they're good seats". So I sucked it up and we sat. Well then all 3 of my kids were chosen to be part of the parade thing at the end! I blatted like a baby! It was a once in a lifetime thing.

The next memory was the night before we returned home. All of us including my husband went to the pool at night and we all just swam together and had fun. I was holding my daughter swimming her around the pool because she's short. My 7 year old and I were racing in the pool. We just had a lot of fun, just us, together. I can't WAIT to go again...and next time we'll have a new addition!

Well, there are MANY food memories from Disney but when you mentioned the
bagel it reminded me of one trip to CR where we purchased "Bagel Sticks" from
the Capuccino Bar in the main lobby and they were SO GOOD. I wonder if they
still have them? We haven't stayed there since. Hmmmm.....it might be time
to go back there!:worship:

My dd then 2 1/2 sitting in Adventureland eating ice cream. She decided she needed a cuddle right then! I walked around for the rest of the day looking like I had been molested by a chocolate covered mickey mouse bar . My husband took pictures :confused3 She is 10 now and still talks about it when she eats those.

I have a few:

-Minnie Mouse feeding Mac 'n' cheese to my 3 y.o. at LTT when he wouldn't eat his dinner because he was so enthralled with the characters! Got this one on video!!!

-At that same meal, my 14-month-old was totally enthralled with Minnie Mouse (but he ate very well!)

-DH and I sharing a warm HUGE cinnamon roll at the Main Street Bakery at MK. Man was that good!

-That first bite of a Mickey ice cream bar. Oh my!!!!!!

Great topic!

My favorite food memory at WDW is centered around my favorite MK sweet treat...the orange juice/vanilla soft serve swirl you can get in Adventureland (IMO, much much better than the famouns Dole Whips). DH and I were standing near the stand while I tried to consume it before it melted. He was wearing his monorail "hat" which makes it look like a monorail is running through his head ala the Steve Martin arrow. All of a sudden a little boy runs up to DH, throws his arms around him, and yells, "If you're an airplane, I LOVE you!" (The two halves of the monorail look vaguely like wings). I near about choked to death on that ice cream through my laughter.

My fondest restaurant memory is actually from my second trip to the World in the late 90's. My whole family ate at CRT, and the character interaction with my cousin was so funny. He hates the princesses, but he's a good sport, and it's a good memory.

As far as actual food memories go, there are a few items that I remember very well and crave once in awhile, like the breakfast potatoes at Akershus.

I have 2 from our last trip.

I decided to get DD 6 and me a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow right before the parade. I didn't realize DD had never had one, and she was SO into it. She still talks about that funnel cake and asked if we would get another one for the parade this time. I think a funnel cake at the Dreams Come True parade might be a tradition for us now. What a yummy tradition, huh? ;)

The other was at Boma. My DD is a kid with the usual tastes, but at Boma she tried my pepper pot soup and asked for her own bowl. She loved it! This time when deciding on ADRs, I asked if there was any place she'd want to go back to from last time, and Boma was her only request! ("I've got to get more of that soup, Mom!") Another tradition in the making -- pepper pot soup at Boma! Sure hope they have it regularly!

I LOVE food! And food memories! Great thread!

ours was from our first stay at the BC - we g=had special plans to go to Beaches and Cream for "the kitchen sink" - kids were so excited ( DD then 8 and 4 ) that the waitress asked them if they would like to make it - so they took them behind the counter, dressed them in aprons etc and put them to work scooping their ice cream, bananas, cookies, candy, toppings, 2 whole cans of whip cream....wonderful memory and wonderful dessert !!!

One of my best memories was with my nephew. He was 3 at the time and when he met Minnie for the 1st time he looked up at her and said "I think I'm in love".

We were at WDW for the first time in June 2007. My son, who was 8 at the time, has multiple food allergies, and I was a bit stressed about how to feed him away from home. Because of the severity of his allergies, and the nature of his extreme pickiness, we'd only been to 2 sit down restaurants in his entire life...Bob Evans and Applebees.

We had lunch ADR's for Crystal Palace, and I told them ahead of time about his food issues. We arrived, and it was the most remarkable experience. I was astonished that they had noted his allergies on our ADR. The hostess knew about it. The waitress knew about it. The chef appeared at the table, and took us on a personalized tour of the entire buffet, letting me know what was safe and not safe for him. I stood there and sobbed. To know that someone else was as concerned for his safety and enjoyment...well I was done for. In a good way. It was marvelous.

We found the exact same level of attention at all the CS places we went, as long as I mentioned his allergies. Sheesh...the kid ate better than he ever did in his entire little life!

The next night, we showed up at Chef Mickey for our dinner ADR. The scene repeated itself, right down to my sobbing. :) But the real treat was when the chef told me he had some special ice cream for my son. Something called "Tofutti". I was skeptical. He had tried soy ice cream and hated it. This one, he LOVED. I loved! It was yummy. It made his night, because he often has to forego any desserts because of the ingredients.

Needless to say, when we got home, I went on a search to every local grocery store for this Tofutti. I was thrilled to find it at one of the larger chain stores. So, now we keep a steady stream of his "Chef Mickey ice cream" in the house.

Thanks so much WDW!!!! If I ever have any complaints about your organization, slap me. :)

One of my favorite memories was during our worst trip :) On July 4 one year we were in the Magic Kingdom. It was closed to capacity, hot, and as we were waiting for the fireworks to start, you could hear thunder in the distance. As the beginning strains of music started and the first bursts of fireworks lit up the sky, the lightening from the storm started as well. After only a few minutes, the heavens opened up and it started pouring and I mean pouring!! The parks completely emptied out, and my family and I saught refuge in the Emporium, sat for about an hour and rode out the storm. Made a few friends. For the next three hours, we had the parks to ourselves. We walked onto rides during one of the busiest weeks! It was neat :)

We went to the Biergarten in 2004 when DDs were 3 and 10 months. The 3yo LOVED dancing so much, she had a great time! The food memory is when my 10 month old - who loves to eat - was so tired she kept laying her head down on the table next to her spaetzle (noodles), picking her head up and shoving in another handful, and then laying her head back down. She did this repeatedly and managed to eat a huge pile of spaetzle!:laughing:

My favorite is my DD (4 at the time) sitting naked in the bathtub eating her giant popscicle that we let her have right before bedtime. She was freezing cold from the popscicle and nice and warm from the bath water...not to mention squeaky clean when she finished!

My dd then 2 1/2 sitting in Adventureland eating ice cream. She decided she needed a cuddle right then! I walked around for the rest of the day looking like I had been molested by a chocolate covered mickey mouse bar . My husband took pictures :confused3 She is 10 now and still talks about it when she eats those.

I was having a totally bad day and that just made me laugh out loud sitting at my computer. Thanks for the laugh! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What a great idea for a thread!

I have 2 and they are both from our honeymoon:

1. Eating at the Chef's Table at Vic and Al's. DH is a chef and I thought he was about going to cry because he was so excited to be there. Then the Chef Mark offered to take him on a tour of the kitchen if he promised not to tell anyone since they aren't really allowed to do that. As each course came out, we were both in heaven and new that this would be a once in a lifetime experience.

2. Sharing a cheese plate and wine in France. It was our last day of our honeymoon. We sat at a cafe table over looking the WS lagoon. That moment was absolutely perfect.

I have two very vivid memories involving food and WDW. The first was our first trip after our marriage and being in the Garden Grill. They used to give you straw hats when you ate their for their "farmer" theme. We put the hats on and had a great time. I look back at those pictures and cringe. OMG why didn't someone tell me not to wear it through the whole park. I just forgot about it in the moment! :lmao:

The other was my DS was about 18 mo. old and we were in MK. We bought him a strawberry ice cream cone. He was covered in ice cream from head to toe and feel asleep in the stroller holding this ice cream cone. Later when we took him out at the front gate (it was an WDW stroller) there was a ring around where he was setting of pink goo! I remember setting him in the bathtub and turning the shower on him he was so bad. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter