• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks for the magic cards?!?! Input please

tristanb

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first trip to disney for my daughters third birthday, I was thinking about using some of my scrapbook paper (disney themed of course!) to make little cards that say something like "thanks for adding a touch of magic for our 1st disney trip" for dd to give to cast members or other guest who help make it magical! Is this too cheesy? Are they gonna look at me like I am nuts?

I don't think it is cheesy. If a CM has put forth the effort to deliver great service and Disney magic, then he or she will appreciate your showing gratitude. It seems complaints are expressed more often than compliments. I'm planning on making cards to hold tips for the Mousekeeper(another great idea I picked up on disboards). I say spread the magic!pixiedust:

Somewhere on the internet years ago (maybe on here) I found CM Appreciation cards that someone had created. It's a template sheet so you can substitute your own family's name. They are so cute; have the characters and different phrases of thanks that you can pick and choose from depending on why you want to thank a CM. Our whole family has passed them out on our trips and the CMs seem to really appreciate it! If you PM me I can send you the file, unless we're allowed to do that on this site.

Whitestaven thank you so much for the input. I definitely wanna make them, that's just me I like that kind of stuff but thanks for letting me know I am not nuts... Lol! I will actually let dd2 (almost 3) hand them out. I work customer service so I know it is rare to hear the good comments so I always try to let people know when they are exceptional.

Boomstickchic how much do you typically tip mouse keeping? I hadn't even thought of that. We are staying at aoa if that makes any difference!

We always make sure to go to guest services to report exemplary CM behavior. Nothing gets back to the bigwigs faster than someone going out of their way to file a compliment (usually tired and on their way out of the park for the day).

We actually received a very personalized thank you letter from Corporate at Universal Studios once for a CM who went way above and beyond in his position as a character handler for the Simpsons - he actually made it into our Shutterfly character book!

Actually, it was a character handler at Disney that we also went to guest services to give a glowing report. From my experience this has got to be one of the most challenging positions at the theme park - especially in the rain, just before the park closes when Ariel is about to leave and someone swears they've been standing in line the whole time when it was so apparent they just walked on up to the front. :scratchin

Zim thanks for your input I just now how hard these people work to keep the magic alive in every aspect of the park. The company I was working for (before my lay off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter