Thank You So Much Art!

GoofyWaterCoaster

<font color=blue><marquee> Please stand clear of t
Wow, I just got back from my best WDW vacation ever. Part of the reason that it was my favorite was because of one man... Art.

Art show here saluting as he always does when you come in, courtesy of Webshots

When you walk into the Beach Club, you just feel welcomed because of him. He is always kind when you trade pins with him, and thanks you when you salute him back.

This year, my cousin and I decided that we wanted to take a picture with him, get it printed at Imageworks, then ask for it to be autographed. He was very honored when we asked if we could take a picture with him, then even more so when we asked for it to be autographed.

That same day, I went to EPCOT to buy some pins. I had already had all the completers I wanted (Fastpass, Duck, and Pin Trading Logo), and I already had 2 of 5 Duck pins. I decided to get a few completers and trade for the duck pins I needed to complete the set. (I had already completed the 2008 Fastpass set with the help of a nice outside trader who traded her Expedition Everest pin to me for Soarin'. I bought a random pin set of Fastpasses at DtD and did not get Everest. She also had the light blue pin trading logo which my cousin needed. She traded that for a Star Tours Fastpass.[Sorry, got off topic.]) I found the Duck with the Sorcerer hat near Innoventions (a manager on a Segway had it.) Now, I needed the Fireman and the American Duck.

Since this was our last day, we went back to the Beach Club after lunch (my Mother and I ate chicken at the Electric Umbrella and a churro, while everyone else ate at Le Cellier). We sat in the Solarium sipping the cola from our refillable mugs. I decided to go and check out Art's pins. He had it on his lanyard!:woohoo: 1 more to go!

I then looked at the BC pin book to see the other pins I needed. I had never seen the American Donald Duck pin before!

We decided to go mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens. When we walked past the Dolphin, the skies let loose, so we went inside. Both the Dolphin and Swan pin boards had every pin but the one I needed.

When it settled down, we had to go back because we only had about 2 and 1 half hours left, not enough time to golf. I went to the YC to see the pin book. Nothing. The CMs at Fits and Fairings. Nothing. Woody, the greeter. Nothing. We went back to the BC. Beach Club Marketplace. Nothing.

I decided to go again to Art and see if he had it. I didn't really look at his pins, just that one, so I decided that there was nothing to lose in asking him again. It was not on his lanyard, and he asked what I was looking for. He pulled out his refill pins, and did not find it. He then told me that he would go see what they had in the back room. Before I could say that it didn't really matter, he was off. I wondered why he wanted one person to complete a pin set that badly.

He came back with a few pins. I got excited, but he said that he had everything but.

I would just like to thank Art for trying to help me complete my pin set and for taking pictures and autographing them. You truly made my vacation special this year!

Other threads in my Mini Post-Trip Report:

Thank You So Much Art! YOU ARE HERE
Was Anyone Else at EPCOT on 7/23 for a Mini Flood?
Problem with Disney Bus Transportation
Goofy's 2008 Dining Reviews- Complete 8 Day Trip Included
WDW 2008 Golfing Reviews - GoofyWaterCoaster
Goofy's 2008 Mini Post-Trip Report Hub

Art is truly a Disney treasure. He is part of so many of our WDW memories. A trip to the Epcot area is not complete without stopping by to see our favorite greeter!

We love Art!!! We could have taken the side doors out every time on our last stay, but we went right through the lobby every time just so I could say hey to Art. When we were leaving, he asked if we had to leave so soon. I had thought he would be tired of seeing us every day for a week (several times a day;) ).

No stay is complete without seeing Art!!!:love: :love: :love:

We couldn't wait to meet Art on our first stay at BCV in May. He is such a sweetheart. The kids loved trading pins with him.
814616511307_0_BG-1.jpg

There are lots of advantages to being on property every day, but the biggest is stopping by the Beach Club several times a week and being able to chat with Art in the mornings when we make our rounds before everything gets crowded. I really enjoy talking with Art. He's an incredible, gentle man and has a VERY good business head on his shoulders.

But the best part is that his fantastic attitude is infectious. You just can't pass Art without having a big smile on your face. He's a real treasure. Here's a link to MY favorite picture of Art!!

http://www.ownerslocker.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191&page=12

John

I am so looking forward to meeting Art on our December trip - we haven't stayed at the Beach Club before, only the Yacht Club about 12 years ago, so I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, but everyone always says the best things about him.

Does he know he's an Internet star? :)

We have 44 more days to see Art. We can't wait to talk to him and get a picture. How can one man cause so much happiness?

We adore Art too!!!! This will be our 9th stay at the BC/YC and for as long as I can remember, he's always been the greeter.... :goodvibes

We have 44 more days to see Art. We can't wait to talk to him and get a picture. How can one man cause so much happiness?
I don't know how it's possible. He is just such a nice man.

I would post the picture of him and I, and the one of him and my cousin, but we do not want to reveal our faces

Has anyone else ever asked for his autograph?

I don't know how it's possible. He is just such a nice man.

I would post the picture of him and I, and the one of him and my cousin, but we do not want to reveal our faces

Has anyone else ever asked for his autograph?

My wife & I know our WDW trip isn't REALLY a WDW trip without at least one (& usually a lot more than 1) trip over to talk to Art! We've gotten his autograph and have stayed in touch with him between visits too. He is truly LIVING DISNEY MAGIC... & a most wonderful human being!

Enjoy the Magic that is Art!

I think that Art actually recognizes us.

Our GG/MG of 10 has seen him 10 times

Last January, my cousin went for her 16th birthday

Upon arrival, he asked "Where's the rest of the family?"

Last summer, my other cousin and I rushed in before everyone, and he asked my cousin, "Didn't I see you already this year?"

This summer, we all walked in together, and he said "Welcome Back!"

Such a happy man

ART!!
i remember i went last year and he was the best person i ever met there.
everyday he was soo friendly i cant wait to go back and see him. :]
- sun <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter