Thank you from CM for gifts

Hi. Treats and gifts are new to me. What kinds of treats and gifts are you talking about? I didn't know we could do that and I would like to have some items on hand to give. Thank you.

Candy and chocolate are the norm. But I would say, don't skimp. Think about Halloween and what you would throw away. Others have given out calling cards, specially for foreign hosts/servers, who would love to call home when they reach the US ports...

We prepare little bags with Hershey or Kisses for example. Also, you would do that as a thank you if you would want to have a pillow case or photo mat autographed by the characters.

Hello everyone , I just received a beautiful thank you note through Facebook from a DCL worker / CM thanking me for my gifts ( candies & chocolate bars ) and a little extra $$ ! He said he really appreciated the treats & extra money & that he was eating his treats slowly as he loved them so much ! This made my day ... I know there is a lot of chat wondering if they really like getting treats but everyone I gave treats to were truly appreciative ! On my last cruise I gave a few things to the pool attendant & he had tears in his eyes . He said he had never been given anything before & after that he always came over when he saw me & thanked me again ;).
Small tokens of appreciation are huge to others !

That's so nice of you! with all the packing and planning I never would have thought of packing treats for CMs :thumbsup2

now to keep them hidden from DH and the kids...;)

I went after Christmas & got great deals ! It was only the outside package that was holiday decorated . February 15 th ill be heading out to the stores to see if I can get left over candy & I will be looking at Costco to get a couple of bulk items ;).

They love to receive treats. When I give stuff to previous castmembers I had as servers, the other castmembers harass them. I have acutally gotten gifts from castmembers. I received a beautiful shirt and my husband got 2 shirts from the Phillipines our last cruise.

Yes, Roland Sanio...He was awesome..wonder if I can request him for our next cruise:)?

I used Nassau day to go the the Bacardi Rum Cake store and get a gift pack containing 6 miniature rum cakes. My stepdaughter and I split them and gave them to our cabin host and hostess. My only regret is not having gotten more for me.

I thought that CM were not :confused3 allowed to contact guests.

We have sailed several times with another family, and they always sail concierge and typically stay in one of the suites. There is a lady that they've had multiple times as their stateroom host/concierge, and she has even come to Kansas and stayed with them for about a week. They've developed a close relationship over the years, so I guess I didn't realize that CM's weren't supposed to be in contact with guests outside of the cruise.:confused3

One time we all went to WDW, and she gave us park tickets. I think she won them or was just given them as a CM, but she wasn't going to use them, so she kindly gave them to all of us.:goodvibes She's a pretty great lady and stays in close contact with our friends.

Susan

I'm going to give my CM candy with homemade thank you wrappers on then. I'm also planning on giving them calling cards and a few other goodies... It is always nice to spread the pixie dust to the CM's too

2 years ago I left our cabin steward a gift on the bed before turn down time and he couldn't thank me enough. Since we live in grape/wine country, it's only fitting for me to leave a bottle of wine and other grape items...Roland was great..hopefully he will be ours on our next cruise...

I have been using the search option all day just trying to find out if the CM's can accept something like wine and continue to come up empty handed. Is there ever an issue with this?

My DD 8 and I will be taking our fourth Disney cruise in a few weeks, but our 1st without DH, as he has to work. In fact, we have canceled a few DCL trips due to his work. I saw a VGT rate pop up a few days ago and decided to just go ahead and book a short getaway for us girls...I still can't believe I hit the purchase button! Neither can my DH...Needless to say, this is the shortest time frame we have ever had to get things together and I simply don't have time to be too creative this time around.

I would like to be prepared with some small bottles of sparkling wine to leave with some of the CMs upon our departure. I would appreciate any information about whether it is easy for the CM and if they are indeed allowed to accept it with no issues. Thanks so much!

We left out room steward the beer that we took on board and didn't drink, along with a lot of other stuff. She asked us to write a note to her supervisor listing what we were leaving an then she could take it. She couldn't/wouldn't take anything until she had that note.

We left the gift all wrapped up with a note of thanks to Roland...he was excited to get it:)

We left out room steward the beer that we took on board and didn't drink, along with a lot of other stuff. She asked us to write a note to her supervisor listing what we were leaving an then she could take it. She couldn't/wouldn't take anything until she had that note.

On our first DCL Dream cruise, our cabin steward made us do the same thing when I asked him to take all of the books I had read to the CM library! I did as I was asked, did not want him to get into trouble!:goodvibes

tamara2298 said:
I have been using the search option all day just trying to find out if the CM's can accept something like wine and continue to come up empty handed. Is there ever an issue with this?

My DD 8 and I will be taking our fourth Disney cruise in a few weeks, but our 1st without DH, as he has to work. In fact, we have canceled a few DCL trips due to his work. I saw a VGT rate pop up a few days ago and decided to just go ahead and book a short getaway for us girls...I still can't believe I hit the purchase button! Neither can my DH...Needless to say, this is the shortest time frame we have ever had to get things together and I simply don't have time to be too creative this time around.

I would like to be prepared with some small bottles of sparkling wine to leave with some of the CMs upon our departure. I would appreciate any information about whether it is easy for the CM and if they are indeed allowed to accept it with no issues. Thanks so much!

No problem at all ! We leave everything & add a little note for the state room host to enjoy ...

I used Nassau day to go the the Bacardi Rum Cake store and get a gift pack containing 6 miniature rum cakes. My stepdaughter and I split them and gave them to our cabin host and hostess. My only regret is not having gotten more for me.

I saw some in December in the kitchen department of Dillards department store if you have that where you live. They were actually the same price as the Nassau store.

sandrakit said:
I went after Christmas & got great deals ! It was only the outside package that was holiday decorated . February 15 th ill be heading out to the stores to see if I can get left over candy & I will be looking at Costco to get a couple of bulk items ;).

Great idea!

I think we often meet people for a reason. I am Facebook friends with a former DCL CM I meet on a past cruise. My story is of taking a tour of Nassau, we were on our first Disney Cruise after 6 on Carnival to Nassau. We just wanted to take a taxi to the Atlantis. My DS 17 suggested we take a tour and picked out a loud woman to join her group. It was a fun informative tour. We looked for her two months later but could not find her. I made a point find her card and arrange a tour for my other DS and my DH. She meet us and we had a private tour. Six years later and she is my best friend. She has visited WDW with us and I have stayed with her in Nassau. She attended my sons wedding. We are like family. While taking a chance on a stranger is not something I would normally do, I think we meet people for a reason.

Keeping in touch with those who have touched our lives, and whooshes lives we have touched can be special.

On our last cruise, our table mates privately gifted our lead server with a small bottle of scotch. We later learned that the poor woman had to hide the bottle for fear of reprimand. In a separate discussion with a Palo server, we then learned all cast members are subject to periodic cabin inspections - no hard liquor allowed. I'm not definitely sure how beer or wine plays into this scenario, but we decided to stick with candy going forward. We would be so sorry to see a well intentioned thought result in negative consequences for anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter