• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you for your Prayers-isabel Has left the building!

Incharge

<font color=deepseagreen>Has a PHOBIA about teeny
Thursday...We are bracing here for Isabel tomorrow. Isn't it ironic that I was worried about my cruise last week running into this thing, and now it followed me to my home in Va. Many of my relatives have evacuated Norfolk and Va Beach. We have closed the schools for Thursday & Friday. Our job has an emergency plan. I will post how we weather through this. I am not directly at the shore, but we are in the path as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday...We are all fine, with no damage to our homes either. The power went off and was restored an hour ago. We are 30 miles outside of Wash. DC. Everyone was told to stay off of the roads because of power outages/downed trees/downed power lines. However, today has been a beautiful day. It is now blue skies, and great temp. Thanks again for your prayers for us all.

Incharge ~

Please take care! My thoughts and prayers to those who may be in harm's way. We are battening down the hatches in Md. and our schools will be closed. Expecting lots of rain and strong winds, but nothing like some will endure. May all the ships and passengers remain safe as well. God Speed ^i^

My husb. & I have been praying for any & all in Isabel's path for days now. We asked the prayer team @ our church to do the same. I know a lot of people are praying for the entire east coast. GOD Bless you all. Be safe. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck!

We're right along the New Jersey shore (slightly south of Sandy Hook) and they're predicting 10 - 15 foot waves here, along with high winds and some rain starting tomorrow. I live two blocks inland in a very protected area, but many people all along the Atlantic Coast are praying hard today. I'll keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth

A lot of us on the Xmas 2003 cruise are from here in the DC area.

We have had the Sept. 11th attacks, the sniper and now the hurricane on three consecutive autumns.

My daughter (12) would like a normal fall once in a while.

Is that too much to ask.

Waiting for December!

We are in Jacksonville NC ..................... :eek: the home of Camp LeJeune and New River Airstation. We are in sand bag mode and will be praying for you all on up from us:(

Originally posted by Incharge
We are bracing here for Isabel tomorrow. Isn't it ironic that I was worried about my cruise last week running into this thing, and now it followed me to my home in Va. Many of my relatives have evacuated Norfolk and Va Beach. We have closed the schools for Thursday & Friday. Our job has an emergency plan. I will post how we weather through this. I am not directly at the shore, but we are in the path as well.

Do you know anything about the naval base in Virginia Beach? I think it's naval, it may be airforce. My brother is there attending school for three weeks and then we are all meeting in Orlando for our cruise. Will keep you in my prayers.:)

From what I have heard, all fixed wing has been moved out to OK and parts of Virgina Veach evacuated and the fleet moved to sea. I know at the Marine Airstation here they have sand bagged, moved helicoptors out and moved essential equipment into higher elevation hangers. They have also set up shelters. I pray he and all will be safe. I keep telling myself as long as people are safe material possessions can be replaced. I still have not gotten over Hugo from several years back but good luck everyone;)

buzz&woody'smom, gosh we are neighbors! I am in New Bern. We have boarded up & are waiting now. That is the worst part. Hopefully we will all still have power tomorrow night and can check in.

Best wishes to all!!!!! Let's all pray for each other tomorrow!!!

Originally posted by Incharge
We are bracing here for Isabel tomorrow. Isn't it ironic that I was worried about my cruise last week running into this thing, and now it followed me to my home in Va. Many of my relatives have evacuated Norfolk and Va Beach. We have closed the schools for Thursday & Friday. Our job has an emergency plan. I will post how we weather through this. I am not directly at the shore, but we are in the path as well.

I could have written that! I was on the Wonder last week worried about what Isabel was going to do and I have joked that she followed me home too!

In all seriousness I hope you remain safe. We are preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. She will be here in only a few hours. This is the worst Hurricane to hit inland in VA since the 1930's.

My best wishes to anyone else who is in her path. Godspeed.

Sue Ellen

I have each of you in thoughts and prayers - May you each come out safe and sound - keep us posted, if possible, and let us know you are ok.
With much thoughts and prayers
God bless
Always
Shirley

Just checking in very quickly. Power went out at 7:30 but back on at 9. The rain & wind started around 2 am here...at least that is when I woke up & heard it. We are making the flashlights an adventure for the kids, though they are getting a break now. :) The eye is suppose to hit here around 1:30. Looks like it is hitting a bit east of us so that is better news to be at the west of the eye.

My prayers are with all of you! My dh just went down a few days ago to work "hurricane duty", and I have been so worried about him! :( It is so unlike me to worry about his job being dangerous, but I just have really bad feelings with this.

keeping you all in my prayers may you all stay safe. i see varginia beach pier has been taken out , so sad so scary.
hang tough east coast this too will pass

I'm happy to say that my dh is fine & the storm was much less than what was expected! Thank God!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: My dh is headed to Newbern, NC to help out there.

I hope everyone else that was in Isabell's pathway is safe & sound! :D

Isabel came through yesterday and praise be to God we did not endure anything major. The lights kept flickering on and off but we never really lost power. We did lose our telephone and cable but that's okay.

My prayers go out to those of you who might be enduring the storm today.

disneyfan551, I was praying for your husband & allt he power workers outside last night. I couldn't believe it when I heard a truck come by & then 30 minutes later our transformer was fixed & power was back on after 7 hours!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Most of New Bern is ok but there were 40 homes in one neighborhood outside town that were totally distroyed and 135 people were stranded at a shelter nearby and had to be rescued. The weather here is much better today and hopefully they will be able to get the work done quickly so that he will be home soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter