Thank you cards???

Disneylover79

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a cheap date!<br><font
I am horrible at writing thank you cards, I now I find myself writing them for my wedding gifts....please help me write them...

DH says I should write Thank you for the silverware...then what do I put after it? It will be used everyday? We love it and will use it everyday?...

DMom says (for the money donations)..thank you for the generous gift...then what do I put...We will use it wisely? We will put it towards things to better our life?...

Please help me!!!!!

TIA

In my Thank You cards, I made specific reference to the gift and if appropriate mentioned how useful it was, how I would use it etc. More importantly I always thanked the person for being part of our day. Some notes were more intimate based on my relationship with the person. For the cash gifts, I didn't mention how we would use it because I really didn't know. I think just saying how generous it was & how much you appreciate it is fine.

We had a very large wedding and it took me about 2 weeks to write all the cards. If you have a lot to write, then break it up over several days to keep each card fresh & personal.

I am horrible at writing thank you cards, I now I find myself writing them for my wedding gifts....please help me write them...

DH says I should write Thank you for the silverware...then what do I put after it? It will be used everyday? We love it and will use it everyday?...

DMom says (for the money donations)..thank you for the generous gift...then what do I put...We will use it wisely? We will put it towards things to better our life?...

Please help me!!!!!

TIA

"We will remember you as we use it in the future."
"It is exactly what we were looking for."
"Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated."
"We have set up an account for future neccessities."
"Thank you for sharing our special day."

:cutie:

We loved having you with us to celebrate our joy

Our wonderful friends mean so much to us.

Come over and eat with them sometime soon!

Seriously, I have written some humorous thank you notes. I got the idea from some kids graduating from college who used their humor and wit to keep it interesting and be personal.

Thank you for the _______. When I saw it at the registry, I KNEW it would be a perfect fit for our (kitchen, dining room, etc.) It looks great! It was so lovely to see you at the wedding. Thank you so much for coming.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful gift. We are planning to start a nest egg and this is a huge jumpstart for us. You are far too generous! Thank you for coming to the wedding. It was so great to see you again.

I absolutely loved the stuffed goose you made for us by hand! I can't imagine the work and love you poured into it for us. I am so sorry you were not able to attend the wedding. Your presence was indeed missed, but then again, you didn't have to sit through dad's long-winded speech!

An alternate thank you for a money gift is to write what you will use it for, in our case, all cash was used for our wedding photo album and went like this:

Thank you so much for your wedding gift! We had our eye on a gorgeous Wedding Album so this is what we can now get! Thank you so much for your generosity! Did you enjoy how Aunt Grace danced at our reception? I am so blessed with our family. I know that my new husband George will fit right in with the rest of us.

The key is to mention the gift by name. Mention how you will use it, or like it, and then thank them for attending or writing that they were missed at the festivities.

I used to really struggle writing that you cards as well. I think my biggest issue was that I felt like I sounded "fake". :confused3 It has gotten easier for me as I have gotten a bit older (NOT saying I'm old :rotfl:) and especially in more recent years as I just feel more grateful for my life as a whole.

Here are some hints that have worked for me.

Always mention the gift specifically so that people know you got it/liked it/aren't writing the same note to everyone.

Thank you is the best thing you can say. Even just a simple "thank you for the beautiful silverware, we had so much fun picking it out" or "thank you for the beautiful bowl, I can't wait to use it the next time we entertain" and for cash "thank you for your generous check, it will help us get started in our new home/new married life" or "thank you for your generous check/gift (if its cash) we have put it into our savings account or just we greatly appreciate it". Remember no matter what you say you're going to use the cash for you don't have to feel guilty if thats not what you end up doing with it.

A few personal lines such as: We were so happy to see you at the wedding we know you came a long way to share our special day. We were so happy to see you at the wedding we were thrilled you shared our special day. We were so happy to see you at the wedding as you are such good friends we couldn't have imagined having our wedding without you. We were so sorry you couldn't make it to the wedding (and if you are able) we enclosed a picture of us on our special day for you to enjoy.

Finally if you need some "filler" lines... We are already enjoying married life together. We had such a wonderful honeymoon and can't believe we've already been married XX months. We look forward to seeing you this summer/at the next family occasion/the next time we are home visiting my parents. We had such a wonderful time at our wedding, it was such a joyous occasion. We can't believe how much fun the wedding was, it was such a good time watching everyone dance the night away. We enjoyed our wedding so much especially when Grandma and Grandpa had their special dance.

I always close with "Thank you again for your lovely/generous gift. Love, Bob & Sue

Hope this helps!!! Remember even if it sounds clumsy or fake or silly to you the receiver will be thrilled to receive it and it will sound wonderful to them. Here is a hug for you :hug: as post wedding thank you notes really are remarkably stressful. I hope your new hubby is helping!!!

I wrote something like

Thank you for spending our special day with us! It meant so much to have you both there. Thank you very much for the _____________________. Every time I use it, I will think of you!

Thank you again

Love, __________________

If the gift-giver attended the wedding, I think it is just as important to mention "and thank you so much for joining us on our special day" or "we were so glad you could be a part of our special day"...something like that. Mentioning the gift is important but mentioning how wonderful it was that they attended your wedding is even more important (in my opinion of course!)

Thank you notes are very time consuming and not always easy to write, but do it right away and get them done and sent. It is less painless that way...dragging them out keeps them on your mind and that is never easy.

OP, I just wanted to say thank you for writing the thank you notes!

The last 3 weddings I went to, they didn't bother. This last one, I had some communication with the bride as she had sent me a thank you note for videoing the wedding. I asked her if she had received my gifts. She had, but didn't write any thank you notes because she didn't think that was necessary.

You know, you drop that money in the box (along with a gift card) and you have no idea whether they received it or not.

Good luck with your notes! Looks like you got some great ideas from the above posters.:goodvibes

Hey, you need to get your DH writing thank you notes, as well. I'm guessing that he's using the gifts and the cash, too, right? :thumbsup2

I always do a generic kind of card. :rolleyes1 Thanks for your "wonderful/considerate/thoughtful...etc" gift. It was so thoughtful of you. Thank you for being a part of/sharing a part in our wonderful day.

Those kinds of things. It's not as nice as a specific thank you, but when you have tons to write it helps it go faster.

I wouldn't go into too much detail about the gift. I am usually more impressed by the ones that mention how nice it was to see you, etc.

OP- The new and very time saving trend is to send out a picture from the wedding with either a Thank You sign across the bottom or sometimes the couple have the photographer photo shop a sign in that says Thank You.

Not sure how far along you are but it is so much better than having to write out Thank you cards that most people will trash. People are more likely to keep a photo.

Hey, you need to get your DH writing thank you notes, as well. I'm guessing that he's using the gifts and the cash, too, right? :thumbsup2

Don't worry my DH is the one that wants to do them.. he is excited to write them....

Thank you for the lovely silver platter. I can see us enjoying special dinners using the platter, and we will think of you. Thank you also for attending. We felt blessed to be surrounded by all our loved ones.

Thank you for the generous gift. We are saving for a house, and this will help us reach that goal. Thank you for attending as well. We hoped you enjoyed the day as much as we did. We feel very blessed to have been surrounded by so much love as we start our life together.

Thank you for your generous gift. Our new home is a bit of a "fixer upper" and your gift will help us turn it into our dream home. We hope you enjoyed our wedding as much as we did. We truly appreciate you spending our special day with us.

Thank you for the beautiful picture frame. I am looking at it right now with our wedding pciture in it and it looks lovely. We were so sad that you could not attend. We missed your presence very much.

OP, I just wanted to say thank you for writing the thank you notes!

Good luck with your notes! Looks like you got some great ideas from the above posters.:goodvibes

Another thank you for sending thank you notes! Awhile back I received an invitation from a friend of my daughter's that we haven't seen in years. I ordered something and had it delivered to her house. I never heard anything from her. I had no way of knowing whether it was delivered properly or not (for example, a couple of weeks ago a package was delivered to us that actually went to a house about a mile down the road - my husband carried it to them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter