TGM's best days/best parks does work

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I've been here at WDW for the past week, heading home late tomorrow. Another wonderful stay at the World, along with the beauty of the Flower and Garden Festival.

Just wanted to share a couple pictures from earlier today (back at the resort now before heading out to dinner) which really depicts how valuable TGM's best days/best parks section of his service is. I pretty much follow it to a T, varying only if some of the DIS folks I am meeting here on various days have other plans, for parks different than those he suggests. Most often though I am able to be in the 'correct' park/s'.

Here are 3 pictures, one taken about 2 PM, the other two about 3 PM, gorgeous day (about 83, low humidity, crystal clear sky) F&GF is full swing, and take a look at the crowds.

Just thought those who have not used might like to see.

IMG_9233.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

Can you share what the dates were these pics were taken and what the crowd predictor was?

Thanks for sharing the photos Dan!

We'll be arriving on Sunday and can't wait.

Thanks for the photos! Those are what my TGM trip photos all look like too (but it was in January!). His site is well worth the $20 for the park recommendations alone.

To the previous poster, I'm not sure because obviously those days have passed now, but the dates/crowd charts are only to be shared with those that have a TGM subscription, so you may not get an answer to that question. I would assume these were TGM green days (TGM does his recommendations on a red/yellow/green basis).

ETA: The OP did say it was today, by the way!

I can say for my trip last year that the days we stayed with the TGM plan were fabulous and the days we strayed were terrible.

That was August.

Thanks for the photos! Those are what my TGM trip photos all look like too (but it was in January!). His site is well worth the $20 for the park recommendations alone.

To the previous poster, I'm not sure because obviously those days have passed now, but the dates/crowd charts are only to be shared with those that have a TGM subscription, so you may not get an answer to that question. I would assume these were TGM green days (TGM does his recommendations on a red/yellow/green basis).

ETA: The OP did say it was today, by the way!

LOL - thanks, now that I read the OP again I see where it said they were from today, guess I just read it to quickly.

Just to add, for those who may not know, the Crowd Calendar is available for non-subscribers as well as several other features on the TGM site. I think the subscription gives you access to the Touring Plans.

LOL - thanks, now that I read the OP again I see where it said they were from today, guess I just read it to quickly.

Just to add, for those who may not know, the Crowd Calendar is available for non-subscribers as well as several other features on the TGM site. I think the subscription gives you access to the Touring Plans.

No, sorry, TGM info is not available to non-subscribers. I think you are thinking of another popular touring plan site.

As far as I know TGM info is only available to subscribers. (It had better be anyway). I subscribe to TGM for every trip just to get the best park days.:thumbsup2

Its good to see that it isn't crowded. We leave Saturday morning and the kids are so excited. They have been counting down since day 100.

:thumbsup2 Good seeing you there too!;) Christine and I had a BLAST!:banana: Have a safe trip Home.........Faith;)

This Murphy family NEVER goes to WDW without using TGM's advice. We have made our family believers also. Every year, we go during Memorial Day weekend and the following week. Every year, Mike's right on the money! :thumbsup2

Thanks Dan for the great pics!

No, sorry, TGM info is not available to non-subscribers. I think you are thinking of another popular touring plan site.

Confirming this -- The Universal Guide's crowd level info is available (1 month out only) for non-subscribers. To see further out, you need to subscribe.

TGM's information is not available at all to non-subscribers.

I have never done this, but I was wondering how far in advance can he predict?
We're planning on going in December.

This Murphy family NEVER goes to WDW without using TGM's advice. We have made our family believers also. Every year, we go during Memorial Day weekend and the following week. Every year, Mike's right on the money! :thumbsup2

Thanks Dan for the great pics!

We are planning to go during that week in 2009. I do plan on re-subscribing to TGM for that trip! OT -- how are the crowds that week and the weather? We used TGM for a Spring Break trip, but it really was the busy busy season then.

I have never done this, but I was wondering how far in advance can he predict?
We're planning on going in December.

Right now, TGM has projected out through the end of October. I would say he posted his October info about two weeks or so after the October hours were made offical by Disney.

Ahhh Dan....I was hoping to bump into you when I'm there...I am leaving on Friday and there until Monday. Looks like I will be just missing you by a couple of days! :sad2:

I hope you had a great time and being the weekend...I don't expect it to be that slow however I am used to Spring Break crowds so I'm sure I wont be too disappointed.

Brenda

For my trip Memorial Day week, I'm going to be in Epcot on two different days. TGM recommends one of the days but not the other. It's during a high crowd level week in general (not the most crowded, but more crowded than when the OP photos were taken). On the non-recommended day, I'm not really touring much - just there for an ADR. But I'll be paying attention to the crowd levels to compare those two days and I'll report back with my experiences.

So, I am supposed to believe that it was ONLY by spending $20 on common knowledge info that you found an empty walkway in epcot?
The fact that it is the first week of May has NOTHING to do with crowd conditions?
Try going in July. Can you repeat the results? Then I'll be impressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter