TGM or touringplans.com?

GrumpyMommy

Earning My Ears
Which would be better? Myself, DH, DD10 and DS8. It seems like most of the books have touring plans for small children, not 'tweens. We know what we would like to see (each of us have rated all the attractions at each park) but need to know the most effective way to see what we want to see special hints, etc. Time is running out only two weeks left and I don't feel sufficiently "planned". I have my Crocs flip flops though! Oh so very comfy!

GrumpyMommy said:
Which would be better? Myself, DH, DD10 and DS8. It seems like most of the books have touring plans for small children, not 'tweens. We know what we would like to see (each of us have rated all the attractions at each park) but need to know the most effective way to see what we want to see special hints, etc. Time is running out only two weeks left and I don't feel sufficiently "planned". I have my Crocs flip flops though! Oh so very comfy!

Good luck with the flip-flops - may they magically repel the wheelchairs, strollers and ECVs that constantly seem to aim for my feet at WDW, especially at the Magic Kingdom. [I suggest closed-toed shoes, preferably made out of GoreTex or something similar instead].

Touringplans.com has some plans for tweens. I looked at the Magic Kingdom one and it seems reasonable - though I would do it slightly differently (Hint: Step 7 belongs closer to Step 17 IMHO), but it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

As for TourGuideMike - I haven't looked at his stuff, but judging from the publically available pages, he is a bit too disparaging of his readers for my taste. Using exclamation marks, bold text and italics three times per sentence doesn't make the information any more accurate :)
Many people seem pleased with his information, others tell me it's not worth the money because the site is difficult to navigate and most of the information is available elsewhere, either in a more convenient format or for free. But it's only $20 - you might as well give it a shot!

We used TGM last June, even though we're avid readers of this forum and the UG, and we found it very helpful. We had quite a few older kids in our group -my own kids were 19, 17, 13, & 8.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter