TGM calander question

Morgand

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if the TGM best day calander is out around the same time (6 months out) as WDW releases the park hours. I hope this is the case otherwise ressies could be a little difficult. Thanks

I was wondering if the TGM best day calander is out around the same time (6 months out) as WDW releases the park hours. I hope this is the case otherwise ressies could be a little difficult. Thanks

The TGM calendar is usually not posted nearly as early as the Travel Agents' Calendar.

The TA Calendar is one of the earliest-posted and one of the more accurate sources for WDW info.

-----------------------------------------

Here's the entire year of Travel Agency Calendar listings.

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December
-----------------------------------------

Is the Tour Guide Mike calander for best days released at or before the 6 month window for dining reservations?

Is last year's calendar a pretty good predictor of 2011? I'm looking in November. It is hard to try to make a plan and plan out ADR's at this point. It seems as though everything is done at the 6 month mark?? Calendar released and you can make ressies.

Is the Tour Guide Mike calander for best days released at or before the 6 month window for dining reservations?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
It can also depend on at what date during the month your trip begins.

1- Is last year's calendar a pretty good predictor of 2011? I'm looking in November. It is hard to try to make a plan and plan out ADR's at this point.

2- It seems as though everything is done at the 6 month mark?? Calendar released and you can make ressies.

1- It can give you a rough idea, but dates and days can change from year-to-year.

2- Again, it can depend on what date your trip begins.
If your trip is at the beginning of a given month, you will have less time to view the posted hours before making your ADR's, than if your trip begins toward the middle or end of a given month.
If your trip spans two months, you'll have to wait another 30 days for the last part of your trip's hours to appear.

Also, remember that hours and events posted 6 months out will likely change at least somewhat as the actual dates get closer.

What I'm doing is looking at last years schedule and best/worst parks based on last years calendar. I'm also looking at why he chose those parkss as best or worst (NOJ, EMHs, etc), so if the TGM site isn't updated for September 2011 before I make my ADRs on March 7th, I can make an educated guess based on the actual September 2011 calendar.

Thanks everyone. I know what you are saying exacty Robo, our trip is going to be starting Nov 10th which puts us sort of in the middle of the month, closer to the beginnng meaning when the WDW calander and prob TGM calanders come out we will already be at the 180 +10 mark with no spare time. I think we will be doing like others have suggested and try to look at the previous calander and use reasoning to estimate what the likely scenario will be. It's a good strategy and I think it's what we ended up doing last time, I just could not remember.

Thanks everyone. I know what you are saying exacty Robo, our trip is going to be starting Nov 10th which puts us sort of in the middle of the month, closer to the beginnng meaning when the WDW calander and prob TGM calanders come out we will already be at the 180 +10 mark with no spare time. I think we will be doing like others have suggested and try to look at the previous calander and use reasoning to estimate what the likely scenario will be. It's a good strategy and I think it's what we ended up doing last time, I just could not remember.

TGM releases his park recommendations in batches now - you will be in the middle batch. He usually does days 1-10, 11-20 or so, then the rest of the month. He didn't use to do that, but this way is a lot better because he can get at least some of those out closer to when the hours are released. I never seem to go at the beginning of the month (just dumb luck I guess) and there's only been 1 time - maybe 2- I think that I didn't have his recommendations in time for my ADR window (and I've had about a dozen TGM trips).

Whoops- hold on, this is last year's! :)

Robo, do you have this year's, pretty please?

Never mind. I searched through your posts and found a link. Hopefully it will be updated in another week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter