Texas to open 100%

So on Sunday, the total new cases in the US was 41K, the lowest since 10/5. As far as telling and or forcing people to stay home because they are coughing (even if it is just for allergies) is plain ridiculous. We are going to take away a persons liberties because some else in scared?? Listen, our history if full of people doing things with good intentions that were horribly wrong. I remind everyone at the out break of WW2 our government forced Japanese America CITIZENS into what were basically concentration camps. So let us not go down this road of scaring people that just because someone is coughing the world is coming to an end and we need to take drastic action.

That's an interesting story, and yes I'll admit some people go too far. But even the guy at the centre of the article admits he violated the quarantine -- he was supposed to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks and he tested positive on day 9. What they didn't talk about in the article was that the store he went to when he was supposed to be in quarantine had to be shut down for 3 days and deep cleaned at the expense of the owner, or that all of the employees and their families had to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks because of his actions.

All of our spikes and all of our deaths have come from just a few people disregarding the rules. Most recently, it has been dads coming home from working out west and rather than quarantining in a hotel they stayed in the family home without having any separation AND sending their kids to school as usual. Nobody knows about it til one of the kids tests positive and then the entire school has to be shut down and all of the students have to be tested and they and their families are in quarantine for 2 weeks. Some of the classmates have ended up in hospital, and one was in ICU. Contrast that to my neighbours -- before dad came home they shipped the kids off to the grandparents so they could continue going to school and he and his wife only talked to people from their front porch. Some of us picked up food and other things for them, but they made us leave it all at the sidewalk (they got a little work done on the house in those 2 weeks). All was well, and they went for a walk to celebrate the end of quarantine and his second negative covid test...and then the kids came home.

There is a fine line between people going too far and being protective of their families and communities. There is no community spread here at the moment, and all of the cases we've had have been traced to travelers through genome sequencing -- either the traveler or their family members violating quarantine. It can be incredibly disruptive when even one person disregards the rules, and quite frankly none of us would have to wear masks or limit funerals to 8 people if this didn't keep happening. I don't think that excuses harassment, but people are understandably angry when others are so selfish.

We are orginally from Texas ( moved to FL in Nov) we visit family 2 weekends a month. Every time we visit the only people wearing mask are the employees or an elderly couple shopping. It really freaks me out. Why have a mask law if no one is going to follow it.

We are orginally from Texas ( moved to FL in Nov) we visit family 2 weekends a month. Every time we visit the only people wearing mask are the employees or an elderly couple shopping. It really freaks me out. Why have a mask law if no one is going to follow it.
This isn’t what I see now or what I’ve seen for the better part of a year. I can count on one hand the number of people I’ve seen without masks in my part of Texas. I’m talking about indoors, not while out for a walk, etc.

With more and more relaxing of the precautions, before a larger number of folks are vaccinated, I do wonder if we'll see more cases. I am totally vaccinated and I plan on traveling to Oklahoma to see my son on April 1st. I will be wearing two masks and will continue to use hand sanitizer, especially at the airport and on the plane.

With more and more relaxing of the precautions, before a larger number of folks are vaccinated, I do wonder if we'll see more cases. I am totally vaccinated and I plan on traveling to Oklahoma to see my son on April 1st. I will be wearing two masks and will continue to use hand sanitizer, especially at the airport and on the plane.

The risk is really to the ever increasing variants. Giving the virus hosts seems to allow the variants to become more prominent. We let that happen too much and pretty soon many of our shiny, new vaccines won't be as effective as the started out.

The risk is really to the ever increasing variants. Giving the virus hosts seems to allow the variants to become more prominent. We let that happen too much and pretty soon many of our shiny, new vaccines won't be as effective as the started out.
Yes, I'm also worried about this. As we go along things are changing all the time (according to the experts) in regards to the effectiveness of the vaccines on the variants. And it doesn't seem they know exactly whether this is the case or not. I've decided to simply stick to the precautions, and take my chances on travel. I am vaccinated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter