Tevas!!

Debi

<font color=teal>I go to WDW 2,179,872 times a yea
I just got home from 7 days in WDW, and I have to brag about the Tevas sandals that I wore. So many swear by the Crocs, but after I tried them on, there was no way I could wear them around WDW for a week. Tevas worked perfectly. No blisters, no sore spots, and very comfy shoes! If Crocs aren't for you, try Tevas. I bought mine in Dick's Sporting Goods, and it was a great investment.

DW and DD are big on the Crocs I just can't seem to get them to fit me were I like them.

My only problem with the Teva's are I don't like the open toe of them. I have a pair of their water shoes and they work great but my Keens are just the thing for the parks.

I did see that Teva makes a pair simular to the Keens now so I will give them a try as they have the toe protection.

It's always great to have options as one thing doesn't work for all and it's good to hear they worked for you.

Our friends wore Tevas for our whole WDW trip last year. They didn't even bring another pair of shoes! One got a blister, but wearing ankle socks fixed that. Socks and sandals aren't the classiest look, but she wasn't the only one at WDW doing it! :) I'm still a fan of broken in walking/running shoes, but I do like my sandals and Crocs for days I'm not walking miles and miles!

For my feet, Tevas are both comfy and practical for those misty moisty mornings at the world. I just got two new pair for my trip in May and have broken them both in so I am rarin' to go. :banana: I wear my Birks at times, but the Crocs just don't work on my feet.:confused3

I'm buying my 3rd pair for my next trip (I'll wear them all summer to break them in of course) Nice to read that others have had success with them at Disney.

Debi, I wear my Tevas during our entire vacation at WDW and absolutely love them. Very comfortable.

That is great. I love Tevas, but always get blisters.

I :love: my Teva Pretty Rugged Leather sandals. No break in time and no more blisters!

Some swear by the nylon version as they are totally waterproof and although I have them and wore them a couple of times, I don't find them quite as comfy as the leather ones.

During the warmer weather, I have to use Bodyglide in addition to the Tevas. The first time I wore my Tevas to WDW, I did get a blister on my little toe. The next trip to WDW, I used the Bodyglide with my Tevas, and haven't had a problem since. Bodyglide and Tevas are my two best tips for vacationing comfortably in WDW!

During the warmer weather, I have to use Bodyglide in addition to the Tevas. The first time I wore my Tevas to WDW, I did get a blister on my little toe. The next trip to WDW, I used the Bodyglide with my Tevas, and haven't had a problem since. Bodyglide and Tevas are my two best tips for vacationing comfortably in WDW!

::yes:: :thumbsup2

I have two pairs of Tevas, and I wore them both on my last Disney trip. Unfortunately I did get blisters on my toes and the bottom of my feet. I ended up covering the bottom of my feet with bandaids. The black color from the soles (the rubber base where your foot rests) did rub off on my feet too. It was very hot there.

I do like them, and I believe my feet were more comfortable despite all that with the Tevas than tennis shoes. This trip I'll bring a pair of those along with crocs and alternate if need be.

I just got home from 7 days in WDW, and I have to brag about the Tevas sandals that I wore. So many swear by the Crocs, but after I tried them on, there was no way I could wear them around WDW for a week. Tevas worked perfectly. No blisters, no sore spots, and very comfy shoes! If Crocs aren't for you, try Tevas. I bought mine in Dick's Sporting Goods, and it was a great investment.

What style Tevas did you wear?
I just bought a pair of LLBean sandal/sneakers. They are very lightweight but am considering other options still. Here's a link
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=summer-sneakers&categoryId=49676&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=501717&cat4=9974&shop_method=pp&feat=501717-tn

I've had a pair of Teva Pretty Rugged Leather for 4 years--I've never had a blister problem but also have never worn them for WDW touring more than a day or two.

How long do you find your Tevas last? I'm wondering if I should invest in a new pair for June and the the Pretty Rugged Leather 2 version--wondering if there's a difference between the two?

I'm not sure of the specific name of the shoe, but it is a sandal-style shoe. It has a black sole, and two purple and black straps: one around the ankle and one just before the toes. Very comfy, lightweight and durable. I've been wearing them for a year now (only while in WDW), and no damage, etc. to the shoe.

I love my Teva Mush flip flops...I know, wearing fllip flops to the parks is asking for trouble, but my Teva mush were SO awesome on my feet!! Part of the reason is b/c the toe post is made of fabric not plastic. I wore them on those rainy days as heavy rain will ruin Birkenstocks (my other faves!). I will say though that Teva mush flips DO soak up the rain after a while and then you are squelching around for the rest of the day!:laughing:

I used to swear by my Tevas. Only problem I had was they made my feet smell to high heaven. :rotfl2: I've tried Crocs but they just don't fit right for me. I did find what I call "mock crocs" at Wal-Mart. For $8.87 a pair they are the most comfy shoes I have ever worn. I've stocked up on them and pretty much live in them now!

I love my Teva Mush flip flops...I know, wearing fllip flops to the parks is asking for trouble, but my Teva mush were SO awesome on my feet!! Part of the reason is b/c the toe post is made of fabric not plastic. I wore them on those rainy days as heavy rain will ruin Birkenstocks (my other faves!). I will say though that Teva mush flips DO soak up the rain after a while and then you are squelching around for the rest of the day!:laughing:

I love, love, love my Teva Mush. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. I usually take several pairs (Tevas, Reefs, Nike, Crocs, etc) but always wind up in my Teva Mush most of the time.

...I know, wearing fllip flops to the parks is asking for trouble, . . .

Why is it asking for trouble? I live in Teva flip flops when I'm not at work, and was planning on alternating them with running shoes on our Sept. trip.

Why is it asking for trouble? I live in Teva flip flops when I'm not at work, and was planning on alternating them with running shoes on our Sept. trip.

I completely agree - I always bring sneakers and end up wearing my Teva flip flops most days. In fact, I'm not even sure I'm gonna pack my sneakers for my trip in June - just a couple pairs of flip flops. :)

I just bought a pair of keen venice sandals for our upcoming trip in May. They seem very comfortable, I think I will invest in some bodyglide also. Last may wore tennis shoes and my feet got so hot! My feet have healed from plantar fasciitis so I have to be careful!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter