Teva Sandals

I'd go with the sandals. I have the Teva Kayentas and it's the only thing I wear in the parks all day and have never had any issues. They are super comfortable and dry fairly quickly if it does rain. If you can find the suede ones, get those, they are harder to find but work great, but the ones they have now are still comfy. I have a brown suede pair and black fabric (or whatever it is) pair.

Suede/Leather https://www.amazon.com/Teva-KAYENTA-SUEDE-W-Womens-Kayenta/dp/B008530M0M?th=1&psc=1

Fabric https://www.amazon.com/Teva-Kayenta-W-Womens-Kayenta-Sandal/dp/B00KXDIB7S?th=1&psc=1
I'd totally recommend the Teva Kayentas as well. They're the only shoes I'll wear in the parks (I own about 6 pairs in different colors) and they are awesome - comfortable, quick to dry and (in my opinion) much more attractive (especially since I wear them with dresses) than traditional Tevas.

It's like a thick band aid that helps to prevent blisters since it creates a barrier between the shoe and your skin.
Awesome. I'll try to find them. My husband always ends up with blisters no matter what he tries. Thanks!

As long as the weather is above 55, I pretty much live in my Teva Mush flip-flops. I can't remember if I've worn them for a long park day at Disney World, but I've worn them for sure at Disneyland and for an architectural walking tour around Chicago.

If you go with the flip-flops, I strongly recommend the original Mush over the Mush II.
OMG THIS pretty much exactly for me! I can't wait for warmer weather so I can pull out my flip flops! I have worn my Original Teva Mush flip flops for long days at Disney World. The only issue is what others have said about them being slippery when they get wet. Almost a "slime" feel to the footbed. I have also worn the strap on Tevas and they have worked great too. I think they are the Hurricane model? Besides Disney, I have worn these on beach vacation excursions where we hiked through the ocean into caves. No problems with them getting wet/rubbing/causing blisters. The strap ons have more of a sneaker footbed and are textured so no problem when wet. The Mush II footbed is narrower than the Original. (Not as easy to find, either.) I didn't realize the difference until ordering a new pair one year and they had a much different fit...

I think now I may be leaning more towards the Teva Sandal Vs the flip flops. I think maybe those would be a bit easier to walk in when wet.
I've had good luck wearing Teva Tirra sandals in the parks as another poster mentioned. They can get wet and straps are adjustable. Before that I wore some of the Keen Whisper or Newport sandals but I like the look of the Tirra better with some of my clothing.

I brought both Teva Hurricane sandals and Teva Mush flip flops on our last trip. I tried the flip flops at Epcot because I thought they looked better with my outfit. After about three hours, I was glad I had stuffed the Hurricanes in the backpack. So for me, the Hurricanes were the most comfortable. Except for that three hour experiment, they were the only shoe I wore in the parks that week. They kept my feet happy. The flip flops were fine for the resort.

I used to be a hardcore Chaco person. I don't wear them day-to-day anymore, but I probably would pack a pair if there was a particularly rainy day in the forecast. They don't take up much real estate if you have a big enough suitcase. Had a day once that was a monsoon in the evening and it was completely manageable with a poncho, shorts & Chacos.

I love my Teva sandals and I wear them frequently at WDW. However, I will say that in the summer when the pavement is hot, the Tevas don't protect me from that awful Disney rash. I have had to start wearing tennis shoes with socks on those hot days. Must be getting old.

I like my Teva Tirras for rainy park days. They're a little thicker and heavier. I like my Teva Veras better for other days. They're a little lighter and less chunky but still solid and supportive.

As I said earlier, I LOVE my Teva Mush flip-flops, but after reading the discussion here yesterday I decided to look into some Teva sandals, too. I owned a pair WAAAAAY back when I was in high school (like 20+ years ago), but haven't since then. I wound up buying a pair of the Hurricanes and I can't wait for them to get here.

We're going to Disney World in June, and although I'd wear the Mush without hesitation, my daughter is now at a point where she wants to wear flip-flops all the time, but she's little and I haven't found any for her that I feel would be comfortable and not mess up her feet for long days in the park. So rather than deal with her asking why *I* can wear flip-flops and she can't, I decided to get myself the new sandals to ward off any arguments :)

I bought Teva Terras last year after getting lots of great advice here. I'd wanted them for rainy days, and I loved them. I ended up wearing them most days.

Thanks for this thread, y'all! I had Teva flip flops years ago that I loved but lost them somewhere, and I forgot all about them until last night when I read this thread! I just ordered two pairs of olowahus - those straps are so comfortable and they stay on my feet. Now I'm even more excited for our trip!!

For some reason the I can't wear the Mush sandals. They don't fit right. Too much room at the toe and my heel sliding off the back. Plus with my plantars I need a bit of extra cushion in the heel. So Tirras are for me :) I have several other pair but they seem to work the best in the park. I used to have the Dozer(more shoe than sandal) but I haven't been able to find any lately. I even have a pair of their cork wedges....love them. Not for the park :) just for Mass!

Tevas are great - along with Birkenstocks, they are all I wore in HS pretty much (weather permitting). Warning - WEAR THEM FOR A FEW MONTHS before wearing to the park. Once broken on, they are amazing. Newish Tevas at WDW = horrible blisters most likely.

I was buying Teva (Tanza and Tirra) sandals for my son and daughter for years, and they always said they were comfy. So last year I bought a pair of Teva Tirra for myself last year. I wore them around at home a couple weeks before our WDW trip, to kind of break them in, but it really wasn't necessary. They are so comfy, I highly recommend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter