Teva Sandals

I think Tevas aren't really attractive, but man they are comfortable. Perfect for the parks. I wore Teva Tirras around the parks, and later at Hersheypark, and my feet were happy. I'm thinking of getting the Tirra Slide for this summer, and if I feel like they're safe on my feet, I'll wear them to the parks in September. I'm also considering the Azure Flip, or the Mush Madelyn.

As long as the weather is above 55, I pretty much live in my Teva Mush flip-flops. I can't remember if I've worn them for a long park day at Disney World, but I've worn them for sure at Disneyland and for an architectural walking tour around Chicago.

If you go with the flip-flops, I strongly recommend the original Mush over the Mush II.
Would you say the Mush are...mushy? :duck: I bought Sanuk yoga mat flip flops and they were awful. Entirely too mushy to do more than a short casual stroll in.

I think now I may be leaning more towards the Teva Sandal Vs the flip flops. I think maybe those would be a bit easier to walk in when wet.

The only flip flop I own besides the cheap Old Navy ones for the pool/beach are Teva Olowahus. That is all I wear all summer, including all my trips to WDW. I love them, they are very comfortable but when they get wet (soaked) the footbed stretches and they fit loose.
I just bought a pair of Teva Tirra sandals that are made to get wet. They are comfortable but I haven't worn them out yet. I got them mainly for kayaking but they feel comfortable enough to walk around WDW in them all day.

I have three pairs of sandals that I rotate throughout any trip to WDW ... 2 pairs of Ecco Yucatan and Teva originals (not flip flops). All are well broken in and have stood the Disney test several times. They aren't particularly pretty anymore but very comfortable!

I'd go with the sandals. I have the Teva Kayentas and it's the only thing I wear in the parks all day and have never had any issues. They are super comfortable and dry fairly quickly if it does rain. If you can find the suede ones, get those, they are harder to find but work great, but the ones they have now are still comfy. I have a brown suede pair and black fabric (or whatever it is) pair.

Suede/Leather https://www.amazon.com/Teva-KAYENTA-SUEDE-W-Womens-Kayenta/dp/B008530M0M?th=1&psc=1

Fabric https://www.amazon.com/Teva-Kayenta-W-Womens-Kayenta-Sandal/dp/B00KXDIB7S?th=1&psc=1

We had a relatively wet MK morning last summer. For that morning, I took the socks off, and the TEVA sandals were about as comfortable as I think you are going to get walking in the rain. I did develop some small blisters as a result of wearing sandals barefoot (hence me always wearing the socks, I just blister so darned easily), but overall, they were pretty comfy, and easy enough to walk in when wet.

I slide around too much in them in the rain. Not everyone is the same :)

I love the Teva sandals that have the ankle and foot straps. I find that I adjust them throughout the day. My only complaint is they get a little weird when wet. I just keep a small towel in my bag to dry the soles and my feet to remedy that.

I love the flip flops , however my problem with wearing them in the parks is when people walk up quickly behind you and step on your shoe when you go to step.
Very good point! My husband does this to me any time I where flip flops, so that makes total sense, lol.

Chacos are too heavy for me. Also maybe check out Birkenstocks.

Chaco's are heavier than Tevas definitely. They take a bit of getting used to, but I love the arch support and how my back feels at the end of the day. I've also owned numerous pairs of Teva's and I too like the Terri Fi the best. The chunkier looking sole is far more comfortable than the flatter looking Tirra's.

I bought a pair of Teva Verra sandals for our trip in June. I've been wearing them every chance I get to break them in and so far seem pretty comfortable. There does seem to be a hot spot on my left pinky toe where a blister could form, so I'm packing some mole skin, just in case.

Would you say the Mush are...mushy? :duck: I bought Sanuk yoga mat flip flops and they were awful. Entirely too mushy to do more than a short casual stroll in.

Haha, the original Mush is more mushy, IMO, but it's NOT squishy. There's a nice spring to it, but it's a firm foam overall, not like a nerf ball or anything.

We always do mid/day breaks and so I'll often wear flip flops in the evening- a nice break from sneakers, but not all day. Mornings are sneakers with arch support. Evenings are often Teva Mush flip flops or Oulakai flip flops.

Haha, the original Mush is more mushy, IMO, but it's NOT squishy. There's a nice spring to it, but it's a firm foam overall, not like a nerf ball or anything.
Thanks! I'll have to order them from Zappos where I can return them for free. The Sanuks were way too nerf-squishy.

I wasn't sure where to post this, so if if needs to be moved that's fine. :)

I'm considering buying some Teva flip flops to take for our upcoming trip in May. I would love to hear from those who have worn them specifically for theme park touring or other activities that you're on your feet all day on hot concrete. I usually just wear athletic shoes and socks, but would love to be able to wear flip flops, but don't want to pay the price later! TIA!
I say get them:) I love my Tevas and have worn a pair every trip. What I would suggest is that you take more than one pair. Even with flip flops, the soles of my feet start to hurt and a change between my Tevas and my Olukai's or Chaco's gives my feet relief.

I slide around too much in them in the rain. Not everyone is the same :)
That's funny, I didn't really have a bit of problem with my feet sliding in them. They wrap around my feet pretty nicely. Only real problem I had was my tender foot blistering from the strap on it.

I bought a pair of Teva Verra sandals for our trip in June. I've been wearing them every chance I get to break them in and so far seem pretty comfortable. There does seem to be a hot spot on my left pinky toe where a blister could form, so I'm packing some mole skin, just in case.
Not to stray off topic, but what is Mole Skin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter