Teva Sandals

hi!

I am looking for a very supportive shoe for disney world that is comfortable. I have had really bad foot pain for about 2 years during my trips and tennis shoes just aren't cutting it anymore.

Has anyone used this brand and tell me if it gives blisters? Do you like these sandals for Disney?

I am specifically thinking about the Tirra style.

Thanks!
Any shoe can give blisters since everyone's foot is different. What is great about the Teva strapped sandals is that they are extremely adjustable. I had one pair of Hurricanes that felt like it was rubbing weird - on closer inspection it was a piece of the thread that was cut long. I burned it down with a lighter so it was flush and no more problem. I did have one pair, I forget the style and don't see it on the website anymore, that fit oddly against my big toe (I broke it and it set weird), but it fits my daughter great. I absolutely LOVE Teva's, everyone in my family wears them and loves them, but they are not a perfect show for everyone. So if you get a pair and it doesn't feel right, see if the problem is easy (like my thread issue), if not - send them back. Don't try to "make" them perfect because half the internet said they're great.

We are a Teva family, we love them. They are great for Disney because they can get wet, have plenty of traction and support, and adjust enough to get a good comfortable fit across the tops of feet :)

^^^^^^ This is us. We wear them everywhere - all 5 of us have at least 1 pair of Mush (the girls all have 2-3 pair! lol) and a pair of Hurricanes. I've also got the Kayanta for dressier occasions, and my youngest has a pair of sneakers (that I originally bought for my middle who said they hurt, so we saved them. Youngest loves them) My husband has had a pair or two of sneakers & casual shoes also.

Has anybody tried the Churn Evo (teva)? We are going to WDW in June and am hesitating in those or the Tirra......or should I get both? Do the Tirras dry fast? I will also get the Tirras for my daughters. I'm afraid they'll be too hot in running shoes. Is one pair of Tirras enough for the week. (Plus flip flops for the pool)
Thanks for your insight!

I haven't bought any of the sneakers for myself, but those looks very light and breathable. They also have the benefit of being closed toed. I personally prefer the Hurricane line to the Tirra line, but I think it's aesthetic. I started wearing the Hurricane line almost 20 years ago when I was working at a summer camp in Ashville. According to the website the Tirra's dry faster than the Hurricanes. The Hurricane strapping is a canvas and the Tirra looks to be a neoprene, but besides that and aesthetics, I don't really see any difference between the two.

Regardless, no, I don't think 1 pair is enough. I would suggest at least two pairs of shoes. IF you do end up with blisters, or the Teva tan/burn because you forgot to sunscreen the tops of your feet, it's nice to have another option.

Teva's (or any good shoe) are a financial investment, but they LAST. I wear my Teva Mush flip flops all the time. I break them out as soon as the weather is nice (like yesterday) and don't put them away until I absolutely have to. (often early Nov here) I wear them daily in the summer, I walk all over Busch Gardens and Water Country in them, I wear them to run errands, walk the dog, etc. And each pair has always lasted me 2-3 years. How many other flip flops can a person say that about?

I just placed an order for new Mush at Sierra Trading Post. They've got great prices, great customer service and quick shipping. The only downside is they may not have your size in the color you want - they're sort of a closeout location.

The Hurricaine line is great! It's our go-to in Tevas. From adult down to little kid no issues for us, and they wear like iron - last years.

I am also a fan of Terra Fi Lite and Pretty Rugged. The sole on those two are not as thick as Hurricaine, and the styling is a little more girley ::MinnieMo

Thank you for that response!

I'll check out the Terra Fi and the Pretty Rugged styles.

I love the look of the Tirra but the Hurricane is a little cheaper so I'm torn. It's good to know, though, that the Hurricane fits and wears well.

I LOVE Tevas as well. I always buy them through Sierra Trading Post. I own at least 5 assorted styles, DH, DS and DD wear them as well. They just can't be beat!

Watch out for the thickness of the sole if you're planning to wear them several days in a row in the parks. Some can be fairly thin which tends to make my feet hurt by the end of the day. I bring several pair and switch between them during the days we're touring or even midday if we take a break and then go back to the parks. My favorites for the parks are the Terra Fi and the Pretty Rugged. Both are very comfortable.

I have no experience with the TEVA sandals. However, after a recent stress fracture in my foot, my dr. recommended I wear shoes with orthotics so I found the ABEO Dunes H20 Metatarsal sandal (has built-in orthotics) from The Walking Company. Yes, it's pricey ($100), but I wore them for one week straight at Disney and didn't have any foot pain!! They can get wet too! One a related note, nurses get 15% off shoes at the Walking Company.

Below is the description:

EXCLUSIVELY OURS! The water is no match for the women’s ABEO® B.I.O.system™ Dunes sandal with Metatarsal Support. The Dunes features a totally waterproof construction, perfect for watery adventures. The materials are lightweight and quick-drying to keep you moving without any shoe-related delays, while the Aegis® Microbe shield provides lasting protection against odor, staining, and deterioration of the footbed. The interior features a custom insole chosen for you based off of your unique foot scan with our revolutionary 3-D fit technology system.
Metatarsal support provides enhanced arch support, with added ball-of-foot metatarsal support. Ideal for high arches, metatarsal support redistributes weight from the ball-of-foot and relieves forefoot pain and pressure.
Aegis® microbe shield provides lasting protection against odor, staining, and deterioration of the footbed.
Adjustable, hook-and-loop vamp strap for a custom, secure fit.
Dual density midsole to help control over-pronation.
EVA midsole is lightweight and resilient.
Channeled rubber outsole absorbs shock and channels water out of the shoe for improved traction.
Non-skid and slip resistant bottom increases stability and reduces foot fatigue.
W663M BWS

Thanks everyone! You confirmed my choice. I got the Tirra and Olawaheu? I like the Tirra for support but the other one is cute ad I wanted to try them

Thanks everyone! You confirmed my choice. I got the Tirra and Olawaheu? I like the Tirra for support but the other one is cute ad I wanted to try them

How do you like the olowahu? They do look very nice!! Are they comfortable? I think I'll get a pair as well!

You talked me into it - I've worn Teva in the Hurricane style forever, but I was looking for a more feminine look to go with more outfits. So I signed up for the Amazon shoe club and between that 20% off coupon and my Amazon cc reward balance I got a pair of the Tirra style for $23!

I also have a bone spur and plantar fasciitis so I'm picky on shoes - this one had lots of positives! Willing to give it a try. Thanks... heading for warmer weather next week so this is perfect timing.

I stumbled upon this thread, so I thought I'd chime in. I am a Teva Tirra fan too. I bought the black/grey base ones first, then found a parrot green/grey pair and try and wear them w/ whatever I can. I just looked at the Teva website and was trying to find something new. It's really hard to find cute sandals to wear with shorts or a skirt. I have terrible feet, and usually wear tennies w/ orthotics as long as I can. I live in hot south Texas so that is difficult year-round. I have a hard time wearing flip flops, unless the straps are really wide. I have a problem w/ the toe-gripping-while-walking part. I'm looking at the Mush Mandalyn 2 wedge as something cuter to wear w/ skirts. I don't do well when the shoe is too flexible, which is why I like the Tirras so much. Some flex but still solid and supportive. My daughter thinks they look like orthopedic shoes, but I think they look better than most! I have smaller feet (size 6), which is a bit weird in these big clunky sandals, but what can I do. Thanks for all of the suggestions here!

Not a specific answer to your question, but I've found the best way to relieve foot pain at Disney is to NOT wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row. I can even wear more uncomfortable shoes and have less pain alternating shoes!

I like the look of the Kayenta. Anyone wear those?

And how do the terra's run, size-wise? Like, I wear an 8 in a Fila Sneaker...

Not a specific answer to your question, but I've found the best way to relieve foot pain at Disney is to NOT wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row. I can even wear more uncomfortable shoes and have less pain alternating shoes!

Thanks. I am going to try to do that this trip. I think I will alternate between my new sandals and my tennis shoes.

Happy 1,000 post!:)

I like the look of the Kayenta. Anyone wear those?

And how do the terra's run, size-wise? Like, I wear an 8 in a Fila Sneaker...

I have a pair of the Kayanta that I wear with dresses and have worn for 12 hour days on a convention hall floor for a trade show several summers. They have a similar footbed to the Hurricane and Tirra line- firm but flexible, unlike the Mush line. I like them for a supportive, sturdy, yet cute sandal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter