Teva Mush fans

mattmom

Earning My Ears
Been reading so much about these flip flops here...but have also read that they have changed since last year. So my question is to those who love them and had success at the world with these flops, have they changed? Are they still as kind to your feet?
Thanks.

I bought a pair last summer and I love them, still wear them all the time. Bought a pair this summer and had to get a size larger (since they shortened them) and they don't fit well at all. I'm hoping my good pair last through our trip next month. I won't be buying them again.

The Teva Much are awesome! Teva Mush II aren't quite as good (still comfy, but something tells me they won't do for Disney). I read somewhere that they have gotten so many complaints that they will be re-releasing original Teva Mush in spring '12. Don't know if that's true or not though.

They've been shortened, and I feel like the foam is not as dense, which means we burn through them more quickly.

We bought 6 pair on sale at D!ck's Sporting Goods for $9.50 each. Much better than the MSRP of $28

I had a couple pairs of the Teva Kena flip flops and was so sad to find out they discontinued them (I hate wearing flip flops with anything between my toes :sad2:) ... I wore them in the parks all the time and found they were one of the most comfortable shoes for walking in the parks. Wearing anything else - including crocs - would have my feet screaming. I wish they would bring them back :guilty:

B

We bought some but DP has a high instep and wide feet and they did not fit at all. The top strap was way too tight and they seemed kind of cheap. :confused3

I bought some after seeing them much reccomended here and have been wearing them all summer in preparation for our trip in a few weeks. They are the most comfortable flips I've ever owned. They have good traction on the bottom too. My Old Navy pair is comfy but basic and when they get wet your feet slide all over the place in them, very uncomfortable but there is none of that with the Tevas!

The Teva Much are awesome! Teva Mush II aren't quite as good (still comfy, but something tells me they won't do for Disney). I read somewhere that they have gotten so many complaints that they will be re-releasing original Teva Mush in spring '12. Don't know if that's true or not though.

Hope so! I have multiple pairs of the original Teva Mush. Earlier this summer I tried on a pair of the new Teva Mush 2 and was shocked at the difference. No way the Mush 2 would feel comfortable for a full day at WDW. They're definitely not the same foot bed.

I recently bought the same style, color and size Teva's that I bought last year. I was very disappointed to realize the sizing is completely different. I contacted the website to express how unhappy I am with the change and got this response:

Thank you for your email. I’m sorry to hear about the problem you had with the flip flops. We did change the styling of the Mush flip flop this year to more ‘feminize’ the design and fit by making it sleeker and more fitting. However, after a large amount of customer complaint about the sizing issues, similar to yours, we have decided to bring back the old style of Mush. We should have those available for sale around the beginning of November. I apologize again about the problem, but you can look forward to the ‘new’ old Mush around November. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know via reply email or by calling us at 800-367-8382. Have a good day.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us Monday through Friday 5am until 8pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am until 5pm Arizona Time.

Sincerely,
Stephanie H.
Teva
Deckers Outdoor Corporation
Customer Experience Representative

Great to hear they're bringing back the old mush!

In the meantime, I find the Olowahu style (with the criss-cross straps) has the same comfy mush material, but the same size that I've always worn. I live in these.

Cdn Friends of Pooh, I also miss that Kena style. There are a few pair available on ebay, but only black and a few sizes.

I love Teva Mush and have gone through many pairs of them. I wear them almost everyday.

However, I don't find them supportive enough for walking miles and miles at Disney. For that I use a more serious walking/hiking sandal like some of the other non flip flop Teva styles, Keens, or Chacos.

Great to hear they're bringing back the old mush!

In the meantime, I find the Olowahu style (with the criss-cross straps) has the same comfy mush material, but the same size that I've always worn. I live in these.

Cdn Friends of Pooh, I also miss that Kena style. There are a few pair available on ebay, but only black and a few sizes.

I have two pairs of the Olawahu (one flat, one wedge) and they just aren't quite as comfy to me as the regular thong style.

Glad to hear they're bringing back the old style in November! Just in time to pick up a pair for my December trip!

In the meantime, I find the Olowahu style (with the criss-cross straps) has the same comfy mush material, but the same size that I've always worn. I live in these.]

I second the Olowahu recommendation! I had a pair that lasted for years and were so incredibly comfortable. I finally replaced them this summer with two new pairs of Olowahus and they're amazingly comfy too. They are the only shoes I plan to bring on my Disney trip next week!

I do like the Mush too and would recommend them (glad to hear the original is coming back!) but for me, I prefer the look of the Olowahu and feel more comfortable in them since they have more straps/I don't slide out of them at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter