'Tested' both MEP amd Wishes FP+ tonight 8/2

We've used both fastpass and fastpass+ so far today. One added bonus is that our two year olds key to the world (not a paid ticket, more of a token) is also distributing regular fast passes!!!! Bonus. So not only can we get fastpasses, and fastpass+, we can get 4 regular fastpasses while only paying for 3 park tickets. This allows our 5 year old to go on rides twice, with mum and dad!!! Sweet:cool1:

Can you tell me more about the Rose Garden area for Wishes? I don't mean to sound dumb here, but is it all grassy area with no seating except on the lawn? I get weird about not wanting bugs crawling on me from the grass. I know, weirdo! So I'd just like to know a little more. Right now I have a FP+ booked for it. Thanks!!

Can you tell me more about the Rose Garden area for Wishes? I don't mean to sound dumb here, but is it all grassy area with no seating except on the lawn? I get weird about not wanting bugs crawling on me from the grass. I know, weirdo! So I'd just like to know a little more. Right now I have a FP+ booked for it. Thanks!!

All I know is that Tinkerbell flies right over the area.

It is sitting on the grass. There weren't any bugs crawling around. I'm bringing a blanket for tonight. Maybe you could just spread out a poncho when you go?

Did the parade FP+ list hub as the location? I can get a FP for it but it tells me that the location is frontier land. I am wondering if some people get a cool spot and others get an odd place. It does not let me chose between them.
Frontierland is a great area for parade viewing. :thumbsup2

mistysue said:
Any idea where it will be? I don't have an objections, just hope they make it obvious where to be so we aren't unable to figure it out.

dont know yet but theyve moved tonight's spot to frontierland according to the app.

eta- it is a glitch...viewing is on the hub.

tonight they the entire front half of the hub curve is the FP + reserved area. About 10x the size of last.night.

Yes, I've been able to use standard FP all along.

Did you have to wait until you used up your FP+ to use the standard FP or did it work throughout the day?

Thanks so much for all your reports. I hope to come on here during my stay and report back.......just my way of trying to give back a little after all the wonderful advice, suggestions etc I have received from everyone on the DIS boards.

Frontierland is a great area for parade viewing. :thumbsup2

Agreed! We rarely watch the parade in Main Street. Frontierland has been our personal preferred area for years :)

eta- it is a glitch...viewing is on the hub.

Hopefully that won't happen too often. If I know I have a FP+ for a preferred viewing I'm going to plan my activities and whereabouts accordingly so I am more or less in the right area in the hour running up to presenting myself there.

Overall this is sounding positive. I don't know if we will use FP+ for this, but it's good to see the potential for something that will enhance the experience for many guests. My only questions at this stage are:
Will these FP's be easy enough to get hold of without an online version of a TSM stampede?
Will Disney cap the guest count in these locations at a reasonable level so that it remains a worthwhile use of a FP+ once the system is fully rolled out to everyone?

tonight they the entire front half of the hub curve is the FP + reserved area. About 10x the size of last.night.

I'm sorry, but that really stinks. I'm really just hoping that when this goes live it will continue to be just certain nights of the week. That much of the hub area should not be taken away from the non-FP+ bearing public.

I just checked my FP+ on my computer and saw that the 08/18 MSEP (and the celebrate a dream parade on 08/23) actually says "Preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella’s Castle." On my iPad's MDE app it still says Frontierland though. So maybe it is a glitch, like delmar said, but just on the app?

How is the viewing from the Rose Garden for Wishes? Would we be better strolling up to the hump in front of Casey's at 9:35 or doing FP+ in the Rose Garden?

Wow, that's a seriously large space to section off!! I hope they are experimenting with it at the moment. There should be some sort of option for guests who are willing to wait to choose a space in the Hub area too. Otherwise we are being 'dictated' to as to how to use our FP's by forcing anyone who likes viewing from that area to burn a FP+ on a Wishes viewing.

Wow, that's a seriously large space to section off!! I hope they are experimenting with it at the moment. There should be some sort of option for guests who are willing to wait to choose a space in the Hub area too. Otherwise we are being 'dictated' to as to how to use our FP's by forcing anyone who likes viewing from that area to burn a FP+ on a Wishes viewing.

It's this sort of thing that makes me really unhappy with the addition of FP+ to so many things that didn't have it before. For every guest that is advantaged with FP+, there is a guest who is disadvantaged.

I would use a FP slot for this if I could be guaranteed last minute access to a curbside spot. But that's not the case. If I definitely want curbside to photograph the parade, I'll still need to get there early, making it a waste to me.

I would also be curious to know how early they are roping this off. I know when we were there last December they didn't do it very early and had to chase off people who were camping out in that area already. And by then of course, the non-FP spots up near the castle were already filling up. Of course, it's worse in December since there are only a few non-MVMCP nights a week.

I know when we were there last December they didn't do it very early and had to chase off people who were camping out in that area already. And by then of course, the non-FP spots up near the castle were already filling up. Of course, it's worse in December since there are only a few non-MVMCP nights a week.

Now that would really have upset me if I'd been waiting an hour and was only then told that I have to move along! They have a fairly good idea what time guests start staking out their spots in the area during the various seasons during the year so there is no reason why they can't have it roped off before then. It's one thing to know that you don't have access to a certain area; but being led to believe that you are holding a good spot and then being told at short notice to scoot along ...... well that's another matter entirely!!

Now that would really have upset me if I'd been waiting an hour and was only then told that I have to move along! They have a fairly good idea what time guests start staking out their spots in the area during the various seasons during the year so there is no reason why they can't have it roped off before then. It's one thing to know that you don't have access to a certain area; but being led to believe that you are holding a good spot and then being told at short notice to scoot along ...... well that's another matter entirely!!

I was just happy I knew that the poles laying around on the ground to the side would indeed be put up and rope off that space later. Or I might very well have decided to camp out there only to be chased off.

I just checked my FP+ on my computer and saw that the 08/18 MSEP (and the celebrate a dream parade on 08/23) actually says "Preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella’s Castle." On my iPad's MDE app it still says Frontierland though. So maybe it is a glitch, like delmar said, but just on the app?

I just checked- if I look on the website on a computer it tells me it's at the castle. If I look on my phone or tablet apps it tells me it is in Frontierland. That is so odd.

Perhaps they look at how many FastPass+ are reserved and then base how to make the reserved area off that? It would make more sense.

I just checked- if I look on the website on a computer it tells me it's at the castle. If I look on my phone or tablet apps it tells me it is in Frontierland. That is so odd.

That's a major problem! If you are in the park double checking where to go, you're going to be on the app, not on the computer. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter