'Tested' both MEP amd Wishes FP+ tonight 8/2

You might not, but others might. People who get to the park at rope drop can hit all the bigger attractions without FP or FP+. With a FP+ for Wishes and one for the parade, there's still 2 left to book a couple e-tickets for later on. Wishes and/or the Parade might be more important to many people than making sure they get 3-4 rides on Splash or Space, for example.

Of course there are different preferences for different people--part of the success of FP+ depends on it--but by-and-large Wishes is in my chump FP category for now. Sounds like the OP is a case where Wishes FP+ makes sense.

If you already have Magicbands (or they're in the mail or waiting at your resort), you can lock in and book your FP+ right now on the My Disney Experience website.

It's been said you can book FP+ 60 days in advance, but they haven't been giving people Magicbands that far in advance yet.

So if you are confirmed to be getting Magicbands (or you already have them), now would be the time to start selecting your FP+ on the My Disney Experience website.

It's great to hear some encouraging news about FP+! We have a large group going in December (for my wedding :-). Some have bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, some will get them from Disney, and DF and I were given AP vouchers as part of the wedding package. Will the UT tickets and the AP vouchers be able to become Magicbands before we get there? I'd hate to lose out on FP+ for Wishes. It sounds absolutely magical!!

Thank you :-)

Tamara

But parades/fantasmic/illuminations/wishes either aren't offered every night or they were very limited and spaces were already taken very early on. Just FYI in case you think you're doing something wrong when you're booking your FP+. There are a couple nights I'd like wishes or fantasmic and haven't seen them since I started looking on July 16th.

It's been reported that the fireworks and parade FP+'s are only offered Friday-Sunday, so keep that in mind when you are looking.

It's been reported that the fireworks and parade FP+'s are only offered Friday-Sunday, so keep that in mind when you are looking.

I have to wonder if they'll eventually expand that to more days, considering that there's likely to be a lot of demand for that.

That's awesome to hear! I'm now more excited for my FP+ for the MSEP on 9/11/2013 (an evening EMH at MK) because I know it will be crowded. :goodvibes

Of course there are different preferences for different people--part of the success of FP+ depends on it--but by-and-large Wishes is in my chump FP category for now. Sounds like the OP is a case where Wishes FP+ makes sense.

I can understand that, because there's just so much potential "walk up and watch Wishes" room at MK. But if you know your legs are going to be beat, and you've got a family, it sure would be nice to stroll up to the Rose Garden 15 minutes before showtime and plop down in the cool grass for almost an ideal vantage point to watch the show.

Sounds like two super locations, delmar, great spots for each. And sounds like a good use of fp+ for you and family. Worth considering for our future trips.

OMGoodness this would be perfect for us if they have everything working by December.
We are going for Dec. 30 and 31 and would definitly use ours for fireworks at the MK on the 30th and Epcot's fireworks at midnight on the 31.
Some of us already have our AP's vouchers and two in our party will be buying tickets ... Should I buy them now through Disney so that I make sure we are in the system when the 60 day mark hits and how do you handle the AP vouchers ???

Did the parade FP+ list hub as the location? I can get a FP for it but it tells me that the location is frontier land. I am wondering if some people get a cool spot and others get an odd place. It does not let me chose between them.

Did the parade FP+ list hub as the location? I can get a FP for it but it tells me that the location is frontier land. I am wondering if some people get a cool spot and others get an odd place. It does not let me chose between them.

Interesting. It sounds like they are trying out various locations.

Mine says "Preferred viewing location in front of Cinderella’s Castle." Very smart and interesting to a have a Frontierland location too.

The MSEP FP+ I have says "Preferred viewing location in front of Cinderellas Castle".

EDIT: Same as PP. :)

Let's go one step further- if you have the castle location, what dates? I have frontierland for August 24. I'm curious if they have multiple spots per day. I have frontierland for both msep and celebrate a dream...

I just checked and my MSEP for 08/18 says Frontierland, as does my 3pm parade on 08/23. I just added them last night (changing the original attractions I had after reading this thread and others' experiences).

Let's go one step further- if you have the castle location, what dates? I have frontierland for August 24. I'm curious if they have multiple spots per day. I have frontierland for both msep and celebrate a dream...

Mine is for August 18. "Preferred viewing location in front of Cinderellas Castle". MSEP.

The MSEP FP+ I have says "Preferred viewing location in front of Cinderellas Castle".

EDIT: Same as PP. :)

This is what mine says as well. For both yesterday and today. I didn't book any others since once for all of us is enough.

We are on hols for 2 weeks with no fp+ or preffered viewing for fireworks or parade .. no lunch ressie for Be Our Guest either. ... :-(
Happy for you guys but disappointed for my family. Wish Disney would spread the magic abit x

I'm going 8/11/2013 a Sunday with evening EMH, I have preferred area in front of Cinderella's Castle for MSEP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter