Test Track

It was announced on the tram at MK last night that 6th December is the confirmed date. Take that how you will

We rode past it on the mono today, so I got a sneak peek over the wall. There's still lots of torn up concrete and exposed dirt on the outside. We had heard a rumor of a soft opening on it coming up,soon, but it doesn't look outside ready at all. The redecorated car is now in the frozen Coke spot near the ride exit, it had been missing for a while.

The tentative reopening date is December 6th, but they are very behind on the refurb of that ride. While I know that's what they're hoping for, not many would be surprised if it was pushed back until the end of the year. The reopening date has already been pushed back 3 times due to issues with the update.

I know nothing is set in stone and is always subject to change, but if TT actually opens on the 6th will they do a type of soft opening with this ride? We will be there the 1st through the 8th and I didn't know if we should be on the look out just in case.

I know nothing is set in stone and is always subject to change, but if TT actually opens on the 6th will they do a type of soft opening with this ride? We will be there the 1st through the 8th and I didn't know if we should be on the look out just in case.
I think there is a good chance of a soft opening, for sure. It seems that Disney does do soft openings for many of it's attractions before the date they are slated to officially open rolls around. It really just boils down to getting lucky and being there the day and time they're up and running.

I think there is a good chance of a soft opening, for sure. It seems that Disney does do soft openings for many of it's attractions before the date they are slated to officially open rolls around. It really just boils down to getting lucky and being there the day and time they're up and running.

In this particular case, with things looking to be behind schedule, a Soft Open before Dec. 6 seems unlikely.

But, hope springs eternal.
If there is even a whiff of an opening (soft or otherwise) it will be posted on the DIS within minutes.
Stay tuned.

wait, am i reading this correctly? Test Track is being worked on? So no test track when i go there Nov 25???

wait, am i reading this correctly? Test Track is being worked on? So no test track when i go there Nov 25???

No, TT will not be running Nov. 25th.

As for soft openings, as I understand it, the staff for that area have been told they'll continue be scheduled in other areas during that soft opening window. While it'd be surprising to have no test audiences go through, a full fledged soft opening is looking less and less likely, and if there is one, it would be almost at the time of opening.

That said, TT is still massively behind. There are major features that simply aren't working. I know they're working almost 24/7 to get it up, but at this point they had anticipated to be much, much further along then they are. As it is, it's looking less and less likely that these wonder cars that their sponsor wanted as some sort of interactive display at the end of the ride will be installed before the ride opens, requiring another short downtime sometime in the spring, or reduced ride hours for a period of time, if not a total change of plans again.

They'd initially hoped that TT would be opening 18 days ago after the big refurb, but so many problems and setbacks will make even the 6th a struggle. I don't even think they'll make their goal of having the outside of the building done and relandscaped by Nov 1st.

thanks for the response, this is so sad...i was so looking forward to this, do you know when they started this rebuild?

Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah

Will try and spring some of that eternal hope for a 12-1 soft opening...

But prepared for Bah Bah Bah Bah Bah

Any info about the GM Employee lounge upstairs Test Track? I assume it was closed during the refurbishment. Wonder if it will reopen with soft openings?

Our last day at WDW is on Dec 6 and I have already planned to do Epcot. I have my fingers crossed!:rolleyes1

I'm down there December 10-17 and am hoping to be able to go on. I'm saving my Epcot day to the last full day there (the 16th).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter