Test Track

akline

Mouseketeer
Anyone know why this breaks down all the time? We were there last week, and all three times we were in line in broke down, and it wasn't because of the weather. Just curious. Thanks!

I don't know why, but we had the same problem last year. I know some of it was weather, we had a REALLY rainy day, but it should have been ok in the morning. I'm going to watch to see if anyone seems to know. :confused3

haha...it's funny you say that. Last year, I went with a bunch of friends...we attempted to finish the ride about 3 times in a row...each time, breaking down! After the second time it broke down in the middle of the ride, the ride conductor let us take another ride for free...oh, but we did get to hear/see some of the fireworks from outside on the test track itself...as the car broke down...however, we were on a 45 degree angle since it stopped around a bend :rolleyes:

The ride has been cursed since its inception. ;) Seriously, the actual opening of the ride was delayed numerous times and it does in fact go down a large majority of the time. It is not even THAT great! LOL

The opening of Test Track was delayed many months while they worked to improve many problems and reliability issues with the ride. They had trouble with tires failing often, and with the computers unable to keep control of the ride.

Water on the track will always cause trouble, but the ride has some of the worst wear & tear issues of rides anywhere. There are simply too many things that can break down and they do too often.

It's a mystery, but it always breaks down when we're there too. I do have a bit of advice though - get a Fastpass no matter what.

The CM standing by TT when it was broken down told us we could get a Fastpass, but it probably wouldn't be fixed before the FP expired. We took one anyway, and the ride was moving in less than 30 minutes.

Nobody knows. Not even the CM's. ;)

Actually, the true reason Test Track breaks down is because each car is powered with as much (if not more) technology than a real shuttle. With this said, if one abnormality is detected on the ride, the cars all individually shut down. Basically, if your glasses fall off during the ride and land on the "track," then the ride will shut down until those glasses are found. If you lose a piece of food, or anything else, once one car detects it, it sends out a signal to shut all the cars down.

Hense the ever-so-frequent 101s.

PS: Just because the CMs don't tell you what the problems are, they all know. It's part of keeping the problems backstage and keeping the magic onstage.

We experienced this as well, TT broke down twice while we were on line and we neded up waiting close to two hours to ride! Eeek! We know better now...

If the ride does go down, get a fastpass. They don't really "expire" especially for TT since they shut it down for rain a lot. (I got that from the Unofficial guide) At least, they don't really expire the same day.

We were there last week and didn't have a problem. We actually rode it 3times.

We rode it several times last year and this year without any delays or any problems. Didn't realize that was unusual. However, both Mission Space and Spaceship Earth have broken down or completely shut down while we were there -- so from our perspective, TT is darn reliable . . . and more enjoyable than SE or MS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter