Test Track v. Radiator Springs Racers

juliekzp

DIS Veteran
I have done RSR but never TT and am wondering how the racing parts compare in intensity?

My mom doesn't like thrill rides, but she was ok with RSR, so I'm trying to get a sense of how she'd do on TT.

I've done both and think she'll do find on TT. It's certainly no more intense than RSR.

The intensity is the same. It is basically the same ride. But I will say that after riding RSR, you will not be impressed with Test Track. RSR has amazing theming. Test Track is very bargain basement compared to RSR. Designing the race car before the ride is fun though.

if she can handle RSR she can handle TT.
i was oddly surprised when i went to DCA and found RSR to be more "intense" than TT.
TT does go faster than RSR but RSR has more quick little dips and more drops is what makes rides more thrilling to me instead of speed.

I generally agree that if you can do RSR, you should be okay doing the TT speed portion. The speed portions feel different to me, so it really depends on what things your Mom does or does not like. If it's pure speed, then TT goes faster (the peak speed is 65 mph for TT and under 40 mph for RSR). I personally think you can feel the speed difference between the two, but it is similar to riding in a convertible or any open top vehicle. In terms of turns and drops, TT's speed portion has no drops and only wide, sweeping curves. RSR has many more hills/valleys and much sharper turns.

Test Track is actually a bit faster than RSR, but much, much shorter. I doubt you'll notice much difference in experience.

RSR is not as fast as TT but with all of the turns and dips in the track it seems pretty fast when you are in the car.....the theming of RSR is far superior to TT.

I like them both but I would say RSR is a far more immersive experience than TT.

My fairly-easily-freaked-out-son loves TT and doesn't love RSR because of the bumps and that feeling that your stomach is in your throat. TT seems faster to me but much less curvy and bouncy. Theming on RSR is much better but my teenagers still think TT is cool.

I have done RSR but never TT and am wondering how the racing parts compare in intensity?

My mom doesn't like thrill rides, but she was ok with RSR, so I'm trying to get a sense of how she'd do on TT.

TT is very very good, but RSR, is ridiculously A W E S O M E ! ! !:banana:

Yeah I consider RSR to be pretty much the best ride in all of Disney, and I'm under no impression that TT will even come close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter