Test Track....Too Much For A 5 Year Old?

What about:

Spaceship Earth
Living Seas with Nemo & Friends
Imagination Ride with Figment
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Rio Del Tempio in Mexico
Maelstrom in Norway

All of those attractions are VERY tame.

I agree that some of these are good ideas.
Besides Test Track, my kids loved the ride in Mexico, Turtle Talk with Crush, Soarin', and Journey into the Imagination.
Spaceship Earth and Nemo were ok.
They didn't care for Ellen or Maelstorm.
Oh, and they liked Living with the Land, they thought it was neat.

I agree that some of these are good ideas.
Besides Test Track, my kids loved the ride in Mexico, Turtle Talk with Crush, Soarin', and Journey into the Imagination.
Spaceship Earth and Nemo were ok.
They didn't care for Ellen or Maelstorm.
Oh, and they liked Living with the Land, they thought it was neat.
Oh, I can't believe I forgot to put Living with the Land on that list. My kids love it! Actually, we all do :-)

It scared the bejeepers out of my DS (5 at the time) when the truck came out of the tunnel like it was going to crash into us, and he was sitting in the middle left seat, closest to the truck's headlights. He still thought it was a cool ride though.

Test Track was my DS' favorite ride. He was 4.5. We must have ridden it over 20 times in a week (between my DH and I, we took turns). It goes fast at one point, but otherwise it's not a "scary" ride. To compare, we took him on Everest at AK and he did not want to do that one again. That one was not only a coaster but the whole theme made it scary for him. I would say, go for it, and if she doesn't want to do it again, that's fine.

I think it depends on the child. I was actually more worried about DS7 than DS4 on this ride. They both did great much to my surprise. DS4 spent the entire ride laughing but he is fearless.
Laurie:goodvibes

If my DD is 40" tall, we plan to take her on it when we go in September. She'll be just a few days shy of 4 :). She loves rides, so I think she'll love it.

Our DGD4 seems to have a serious need for speed, loved all the roller coasters should could go on and did Test Track multiple times. (Her Nana was horrified that DD & DSIL took her on it when she SAW it!!) But they all loved it.

DGD5 was very upset she couldn't go on some of the bigger coasters. And this is the kid, when she went when she was 3, was scared to death in the "Bug's Life" 3D show and after that would start SCREAMING whenever we were in a show and the lights started going down!!

First, there is NO comparison between Test Track and Dinosaur. Dinosaur is a very loud, very jerky, very high intensity thrill ride. Test Track is mild compared to Dinosaur, it has a few jerky turns and a very fast "lap" at the end - medium to low intensity ride. My kids have been riding Test Track since they were about 4 and have never been scared in any way and still love it today.

I wasn't comparing the two rides at all and totally agree there is no comparison. Just thought I would mention that he didn't care for Dinosaur either. These were the only two rides he would not ride again.

It all depends upon the child of course, but I would say no, it's not too much. Disney designs it's rides for the entire family. If the child meets the height requirement, she will love it.

my son rode it this month at age 2. He loved it. He kept wanting to go back again and again. It's his second fave ride after "the ball ride". He is still talking about it now, 3 weeks later!

My step son was five when he first tried test track. He LOVED it. But he's a daredevil. My step daughter was 7 on her first try. She is VERY timid about things that are "scary". She ended up really liking it. I also think that children take their cues from the adults around them. If a parent is looking worried and over explaining the ride and "it might seem scary but it's not...", that child is going to start worrying.

We just keep things light...we don't over explain...and we give everything a try. You know your kiddo best. If you think she might like it, give it a go. It's a fun ride and really pretty tame. She might end up loving it!!:goodvibes

I wasn't comparing the two rides at all and totally agree there is no comparison. Just thought I would mention that he didn't care for Dinosaur either. These were the only two rides he would not ride again.

I won't ride Dinosaur again either. Awful ride!

My dd was 5 on our trip, and she loved it! She's usually not very outgoing either...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter